Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bump Stock Update

I just watched a Trump press conference and he said and went into a lot of detail about it, that bump stocks are 'weeks away' from being done away with. In the press conference he spoke on the subject for at least 2-3 minutes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I just watched a Trump press conference and he said and went into a lot of detail about it, that bump stocks are 'weeks away' from being done away with. In the press conference he spoke on the subject for at least 2-3 minutes.
    You know, I'm usually one of the loudest whiners in "my crowd" about ridiculous, unnecessary, and downright stupid gun laws that accomplish nothing, or are just designed for the left to get a foot hold in for further restrictive laws.

However, sometimes I think "we" as the gun community are sometimes our own worse enemies. Extremely obvious attempts at trying to skirt the laws, by having a stock that can simulate a full auto gun, I think, is one of them. I've never met a person that had one of these, tell me all about it, with grins, smirks and giggles, as to how "they" can't touch me, and how they have essentially a full auto gun.

Our county's sheriff is a very strong conservative, a staunch supporter of the 2A, and a really nice guy to boot. However, I've had a deputy tell me that folks show up at the range with their wrist braced "pistol" and with no regard that the sheriff is still a LEO, make no attempt to even bother to pretend it's a wrist brace, and just shoulder the weapon and fire away. That puts the sheriff in a bad place.

I say if you want a full auto or burst mode rifle, then get in line and file for a stamp to own one.

I'm absolutely sure that I'm in the miniscule minority of firearms enthusiasts that feel this way, but these types of things always seem to come back to bite us in the ass.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 1 October 2018 at 12:29.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tom, you know as well as anybody that the problem isn't the part, it's the precedent. Give libs an inch and they'll take a Holmes, slippery slope and all.

The ATF probably should never have okayed the slidefire in the first place. As for arm braces, the people are shouldering an arm brace, not a shoulder stock, according to the ATF, not putting your sheriff in an odd place. Mine doesn't give a shit as long as its legal and so far, it is. That is, until some idiotass sends another 10,000 letters asking for "clarification" on this, or that...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    You know, I'm usually one of the loudest whiners in "my crowd" about ridiculous, unnecessary, and downright stupid gun laws that accomplish nothing, or are just designed for the left to get a foot hold in for further restrictive laws.

However, sometimes I think "we" as the gun community are sometimes our own worse enemies. Extremely obvious attempts at trying to skirt the laws, by having a stock that can simulate a full auto gun, I think, is one of them. I've never met a person that had one of these, tell me all about it, with grins, smirks and giggles, as to how "they" can't touch me, and how they have essentially a full auto gun.

Our county's sheriff is a very strong conservative, a staunch supporter of the 2A, and a really nice guy to boot. However, I've had a deputy tell me that folks show up at the range with their wrist braced "pistol" and with no regard that the sheriff is still a LEO, make no attempt to even bother to pretend it's a wrist brace, and just shoulder the weapon and fire away. That puts the sheriff in a bad place.

I say if you want a full auto or burst mode rifle, then get in line and file for a stamp to own one.

I'm absolutely sure that I'm in the miniscule minority of firearms enthusiasts that feel this way, but these types of things always seem to come back to bite us in the ass.

FT

That attitude is half the reason why they keep trampling our rights. It’s the reason we have the ban on machine guns in the first place. The “I don’t own/like that so I don’t care” will be the downfall of our rights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    That attitude is half the reason why they keep trampling our rights. It’s the reason we have the ban on machine guns in the first place. The “I don’t own/like that so I don’t care” will be the downfall of our rights.
    This

Downloads
    Uploads
    If somebody wants to waste ammunition, spraying bullets with barely any hope of hitting a target, that should be their right. Gahoot-y grin and all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, and no. I am not a I don't care kind of guy. I've spent thousands of dollars trying to protect our rights. I'm just trying to point out, that we, as a group, sometimes push an agenda that is no more logical or sensible than the "anit's" are pushing. I knew I was going to get an ass kicking, when I posted this. Let the kicking begin.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    All this does is take the eye and blame off criminals and puts it on lawful citizens.

That is sick and twisted injustice from start to finish. Gun control is designed to prescribe guilt to the innocent and we somehow think we can appease it by playing mother-may-I.

The only one to blame are murderers. No cop is in a touch position with that. Any cop they enforces unjust laws must understand the tough position is created, not by lawful citizens, but by his paycheck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    No, and no. I am not a I don't care kind of guy. I've spent thousands of dollars trying to protect our rights. I'm just trying to point out, that we, as a group, sometimes push an agenda that is no more logical or sensible than the "anit's" are pushing. I knew I was going to get an ass kicking, when I posted this. Let the kicking begin.

FT
    Honestly I’m not even sure what you are talking about at this point. No 2A supporters are pushing this. Bumpstocks have been under attack since the claim one was used in Las Vegas.

Also you might want to check some of the so called bumpstocks bans states are ramming through. Maryland’s is so intentionally vague and poorly written gun oil is technically illegal. No debates no compromise ever again. We need to push back as hard as possible because this is probably the best climate we will see for 2A support.

And I’ve shot rifles with bumpstocks. They are a gimmick but it’s fun to spray a wrecked car with a AK equipped with one. Lol And 3-4 rounds on steels at 50 yards was more than doable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not for the average "I got a touch me" mentality. Fudds don't care about any of this. They think their right to hint is safe and sound. machine gun for next to nothing and they cant

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tom, we love ya brother but you gotta understand, your position puts you on your knees where Frankenstein and her cronies want you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of members at our rifle club are county and city LEOs. They aren't interested in enforcing the NFA, and I doubt many of them are informed on the law anyway. It's not their gig.

As far as bump stocks... the smoke hadn't even cleared in Vegas before the NRA threw bump stocks under the bus calling for the ATF to reexamine their rulings and that bump stocks should be subject to further regulation. Code words for ban em with our blessings. Our "Pro-2A" president and attorney general nodded in the affirmative. LaPierre, Trump and Sessions... nice trifecta.

So now Washington is operating in a post constitutional fashion, ignoring federal law and definitions, ignoring multiple ATF prior rulings on bump stocks, and now just making things up to appease the ignorant masses with the NRA cheering them on. This is far more of a danger than bump stocks could ever be.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 2 October 2018 at 09:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone who gives the NRA a dime is a fool. As corrupt as the government.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that's not what I'm saying, Sinner. It's not that attitude at all. It's just that certain groups want to constantly poke the bear in the eye, then bitch when they get eaten. Just because I don't own or like something, doesn't mean I don't support their use and ownership. When I make a donation to a pro 2A group, I don't specify that I don't support this or that. Hell, grenades are fun, but I probably would leave the range if people started tossing some mythical grenade that has a workaround that makes it barely legal. Sort of a dumb analogy, I know, but maybe you get what I mean.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, read the last sentence of my original post.

FT
    NRA Life Member