Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard similar sentiments from gun owners since forever... that others push an extreme pro-gun agenda that will result in backlash. They advocate surrendering freedom in order to preserve freedom. I'll mention a couple.

Tennesse Guns in Bars-- Legal to carry guns in bars. You should have heard the handwringing from some of the guys at the gun club. "This is crazy!" Predicting drunken brawl shootouts everywhere, destroying the image of gun owners resulting in the loss of gun freedoms that we currently enjoy. Seven years later... yawn. We're doing just fine.

Tennessee loaded guns in vehicles-- No carry permit, no mandatory training. Anyone can legally have a loaded gun in their vehicle if they aren't otherwise a prohibited person. "This is crazy!" Predicting road rage shootouts everywhere, cops being gunned down at traffic stops, destroying the image of gun owners resulting in the loss of gun freedoms that we currently enjoy. Four years later... yawn. We're doing just fine.

Same thing with Constitutional Carry, open carry... on and on... all across the country. There's always a segment of gun owners who believe others are too extreme in securing their freedom and predict a backlash. If we listened to these voices, Shall Issue would have never swept the country.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I've heard similar sentiments from gun owners since forever... that others push an extreme pro-gun agenda that will result in backlash. They advocate surrendering freedom in order to preserve freedom. I'll mention a couple.

Tennesse Guns in Bars-- Legal to carry guns in bars. You should have heard the handwringing from some of the guys at the gun club. "This is crazy!" Predicting drunken brawl shootouts everywhere, destroying the image of gun owners resulting in the loss of gun freedoms that we currently enjoy. Seven years later... yawn. We're doing just fine.

Tennessee loaded guns in vehicles-- No carry permit, no mandatory training. Anyone can legally have a loaded gun in their vehicle if they aren't otherwise a prohibited person. "This is crazy!" Predicting road rage shootouts everywhere, cops being gunned down at traffic stops, destroying the image of gun owners resulting in the loss of gun freedoms that we currently enjoy. Four years later... yawn. We're doing just fine.

Same thing with Constitutional Carry, open carry... on and on... all across the country. There's always a segment of gun owners who believe others are too extreme in securing their freedom and predict a backlash. If we listened to these voices, Shall Issue would have never swept the country.
    I think you're reading way too much into what my original point was. I certainly didn''t post that shit. When I support gun owners rights, I support them all. But for you to suggest what you have is B.S. I've personally heard a lot more people say the same thing about bump stocks that I have the opposite. I've paid cash to oppose anti's laws for at least 40 years. I did not pick and choose what issues I may or may not agree with. Lastly, I thought strict adherence to other's thoughts and speech, or the opposition of, was the new Liberal Nazi stance. If I don't agree with everything another gun owner does, makes a big fucking nothing to me. I cherish my 1st A rights as well, and bow to no one. I'd say that the "crowd" I hang/shoot/etc.. with are probably as conservative, or maybe even radically more conservative than your average gun owner. Not all of us agree on everything, but if we do disagree, we don't hide behind words accusing others as not being "pro gun" enough. Some of us also know when to pick our fights. E.g., I don't sling on an AR to go into the coffee shop and scare all the skinny jean and man bun crowds into shitting their pants. Yes, we have open carry laws here in KY, and I know a lot of the politicians in the state are at least discussing abolishing CCW licenses, as being foolish pieces of paper that won't stop a bad guy from concealing his. Lastly, in my original post, the last line stated specifically that I was sure that my ideas about bump stocks was probably only shared by (I think the word I used was)a miniscule of , gun owners. So I doubt, very seriously that the ATF is coming to your house on my behest, or ideas.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    No, and no. I am not a I don't care kind of guy.
    No, that's not what I'm saying, Sinner.
    I think you're reading way too much into what my original point was. I certainly didn''t post that shit.

Notice all your replies begin by telling others what they're reading isn't what you're posting. Reckon it's time for ya to look inward?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Notice all your replies begin by telling others what they're reading isn't what you're posting. Reckon it's time for ya to look inward?
    No, I have no need for introspect, genuflecting, or any psychological digging to prove I'm not a closet liberal. I just (and I'm not angry, I knew some of this shit would be heading my way when I posted it) don't appreciate you lumping me in with the neurotic crowd that you did. I take that as an insult and personal attack. Again, no hard feelings, but you really shouldn't paint with such a large brush, brother. We can't carry in bars, it has come up here and failed several times, but we have some of the most lenient gun laws in the nation, and I carry in my car, concealed, open, and maybe a couple of ways I can't remember. I don't bow to anyone, support all pro-gun legislation, for example, I do not, not support a pro-gun candidate, or a firearms rights organization, because I might not agree with them on some point or another. I put my money and my votes where my mouth is, and am always all in, except for silly stunts like grabbing a cup of java with an AR over my shoulder. Stuff like that, and other idiot stunts does nothing to help us endear non-gun people, who are fence sitters, and also VOTE, just like us. Scaring the shit out of their three year old getting a donut with mom does nothing to further our cause, and I would guess push those voters to the other side. We have enough enemies already, we don't need to create more. Leave the sheep-like thinking to the liberals and try to be a free thinker. You will find that as a free thinker, you won't agree with your peers from time to time, and they won't chastise you for your thoughts.

My communication skills may not be the best, but maybe this will make my point, and not be lumped in with anti-concealed, anti-car, and other stupid shit. But if we do stupid shit, you'll hear about it 24/7 from the liberals.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper