Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... seems to justify my transition to going Opposite E and elevated C

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by walt_p99 View Post
    stickman,

thanks alot. i hope i could learn more from you guys.

Guys on this board are here to help, not push egos or self serving interests. The biggest thing to remember is that what I did in the military, or what I do and teach as a city cop, may not be what works best for you. Take in what info you can, then work on what will fill YOUR needs best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious if anyone has tried the Magpul ASAP end plate with a Gear Sector single point sling / H&K hook? Thats the set-up I'm about to try. Any comments for those who have or are currently using this set-up!?!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads

MS2 Sling

Can or has anyone configured the MS2 sling with a UBR?

Thanks Jlate

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jlate View Post
    Can or has anyone configured the MS2 sling with a UBR?

Thanks Jlate

I've used it with the front QD socket as the mount point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

I use sling points "C" and "D" for my duty carbine, and it works very well.
    I am currently trying these attachment locations on my DDM4 using a Blue force Vickers 2pt sling. I like it much better than just using "D" with a gear sector ASP sling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have used 1,2 and 3 point slings. I have found that a good adjustable 2 point sling works best for me in the following configuration.

If you attach the stock end of a 2 point sling at the rear of the reciever where a single point would attach, then you can transition from strong/support side with it just like you would a single point.

Mount the other end fairley far forward on the front end of the rifle and you still have the ability to wrap into it good for supported shooting and the spacing between the two mounting points is sufficient to give good stability in carry.

When you throw it over your back (muzzle down) and cinch it up (adjustable 2pt) then the gun rides up higher because the upper end of the sling is now attached to the back of the reciever, keeping the muzzle outa the dirt etc.

Just my experience and 2 1/2 cents..
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Capt Kirk,
    Is that a accurate shooting position for you?

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Capt Kirk,
    Is that a accurate shooting position for you?

Chris
    Granted in the pictures I was a little "loose" but yes..... Just got back from a Spartan Tactical class where I was hitting a steel "E" silouete target at 300yds while in that same general "Standing Off Hand" position. I learned a lot about good practical combat shooting positions and stance from Jim Smith.....

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33049
    Last edited by CAPT KIRK; 30 June 2009 at 18:28.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realize anyone taught anything but nose to charging handle. Thanks for the link!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm running a Spectre 3-point on the M4. I had a TAG 3-point, and now that's on my Benelli M1.

We do a lot of maritime enforcement, climbing ladders, over railings, etc. The versatility of the sling works well for me. I can toss it over my back during climbing.

I have it tensioned just enough so that I can get prone without having to get out of the sling, or taking a support-side stance if I need to.
    cmoore

Currently in service:

Springfield Operator .45, VZ's, Ed Brown mag well, Novak Lo-pro tritium's

Colt M4, 5.56, EoTech 553, Hensoldt-Wetzlar 3.5 magnifyer, Matech rear flip, Quicksilver suppressor

"You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a kind word alone". -AL Capone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    I didn't realize anyone taught anything but nose to charging handle. Thanks for the link!

Chris
    "Nosing" the charging handle kinda dates back to when we stood bladed at a 45% angle with our support hand farther back on the forarm. This tended to put the weapon more across the front of our body. 'Nosing" the charging handle was taught in the military to give GI's a uniform place for their stock/cheek weld.

I used to do it myself but found that when now shooting from a more squared up "Isocoles" position (to present body armor squared up and forward to the threat) my cheek does not naturally weld up that far.

In my recent class with Spartan Tactical Jim Smith downplayed "nosing up to the charging handle" in favor of a good comfortable/natural position. You can see in this picture of Jim and John that niether are getting their noses dirty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update on my earlier post.

As described above, I use a BlueForce Gear Vickers VCAS Sling (Padded Version) and really like it.

Lately I've been observing the Magpul MS2 Sling and ASAP Plate in use. It appears to offer both single and two-point sling options (albeit the two-point option doesn't look as comfortable as the VCAS two-point. But I don't have any first hand experience with it, so it may very well be comfortable).

Anyway, on to my point. I've discovered a way to use my VCAS sling as a two-point/single point setup..."Double E". Here's what I did...

I have a Magpul CTR stock and two Heavy Duty Quick Release Sling Swivels. I just connected one on each side of the CTR stock. "Double E". That's it. Now this setup is not a single point sling (because it requires two sling swivels and two mounting sockets), but it wears and functions very similar to a single point sling setup and transitions just as easy. Plus it is quick release so it can easily go back to my "C" and "Opposite Side E" configuration. There are only a few minor differences to note.

1. Obviously it connects at two points not just a single point.
    2. Because the attach points are at the rear of the sling it sits a few inches lower (but still comfortable). I find that the pistol grip of the gun is slightly above my waistline at near the same level as my secondary weapon.
    Last edited by zippygaloo; 20 August 2009 at 12:57.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been testing the Magpul MS2 (prveviously using VCAS) and so far I like it. Only a couple of minor nitpicks. I think it would be better with thicker webbing, more comfortable over the long haul. Second, after transitioning to 2 point mode, tightening the sling is a little tough. The adjustment loop doesn't move as freely as it does on the VCAS.

Other than that, I like being able to use it as a single point because switching between strong and support side is much easier. The only time I use 2 point mode is when I'm moving it back to carry so the amount of time I need to transition between 1 point to 2 point is not an issue.

FYI. I'm using the sling along with the ASAP plate. Love the ASAP plate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Vickers Combat Application Sling in a two point configuration attached at "E" and "C". It works very well in civvies and is solid to shoot from.
    I utilize Magpul ASAP/MS2 on my department SWAT rifle. The ability to transition from one configuration to another and adjust for heavy armor or soft vests is great. It is mounted at "D" and "A" or just "D".
    Dave