Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawDon View Post
    I'm still learning and researching about slings.

What would be the pros/cons when a sling is attached to the rear via the end plate method vs when it's attached directly to the buttstock instead?

Also, anyone see this yet? Looks like a nice setup...

I would also like input on this sling, I posted this video in another thread not realizing it was already in this one.

Does anyone here have one of these?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried several different slings, and decided that I preferred a 2-point top-mounted sling. I have this on a M16A4 clone, so I have a 20" barrel and the A2 buttstock, by the way.

I finally settled on the Boonie Packer BP-42 sling. I really like the way the sling attaches to the rifle, especially at the front where it's one of the few slings that don't require a 1913-railed handguard or an attachment to the FSB tower. And in particular I have a strong aversion to tying my sling to the rifle with 550 cord.

I wear it with my head and left shoulder through the sling. The sling is comfortable that way, it hangs the rifle almost vertically down the front of the body, and when I bring the rifle to my shoulder my left elbow can apply tension to the sling and steady the rifle.

The only thing I wish it had was a Fastex buckle at the front so that one could "cut away" from the sling should the rifle get hung up on something, or if one should fall water and want to quickly dump the weight.