Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Titan stock is a fantastic piece of kit for a 10/22. I got mine with the anchor lock system that attaches to the Kidd receiver. Much stiffer than a Hogue or Magpul stock, at the cost of added weight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I just picked up a Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 for my Ruger precision rimfire. It's excellent. In fact I'd be hard pressed to recommend NXS glass over it. It also has enough elevation plus 15 mils of holdover on the reticle so I can shoot out to 550 yards. 2 second flight time is fun.
    Long distance plinking is fun. I use a fixed 16x SWFA with a 40MOA base (custom cut) from EGW. The delayed ding at 300yds is a hoot.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 4 October 2018 at 07:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I just picked up a Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 for my Ruger precision rimfire. It's excellent. In fact I'd be hard pressed to recommend NXS glass over it. It also has enough elevation plus 15 mils of holdover on the reticle so I can shoot out to 550 yards. 2 second flight time is fun.

No reason it wouldn't be good on a 10/22 as well.

Nice rig Slippers! What's the holdover in inches at 550?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate everyone's input! Thanks guys!

@ Alamo. That's the first I have heard of issues with the Hogue stock but appreciate the heads up. All the reviews I read were real positive. Mine just came today and I will put the laser level on it...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Nice rig Slippers! What's the holdover in inches at 550?
    Last time out it was about 35 mils. I had to dial and hold.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at the Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40 Anybody use this one or have opinions about Leupold in general?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at the Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40 Anybody use this one or have opinions about Leupold in general?
    It only has 64 moa of elevation, which is pretty limited. If you aren't worried about longer distances, it's probably fine.

In general I've only had good experiences with Leupold, but it's usually been mark 4, mark 6, or mark 8 models.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate everyone's input! Thanks guys!

@ Alamo. That's the first I have heard of issues with the Hogue stock but appreciate the heads up. All the reviews I read were real positive. Mine just came today and I will put the laser level on it...
    Let us know what you think and find out about the stock. Your mileage might be totally different than mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I put a Weaver Classic K6 fixed on my Savage Bolt action. It’s quite nice, and a fixed zoom at 6 darn near perfect for rimfire. Light scope and sharp too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks CJ, I will take a look at it.

Alamo. The stock looks real good but the only way I will truly know is to drop a barrel in it.

Slippers. Thanks for the confirmation on the Leupold. Your kind of the unofficial scope guru around here so that means a lot to me. It will mostly be for hunting under a 100 yards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This ended going in a totally different direction for me. Long story short, I ended up upgrading my current survival 10/22 as there were some issues with it. Here are some pics. Parts that were saved from the old setup: scope, receiver, trigger group and bolt. Hehehehehee.... BTW, the new Feddersen barrel is a friggen tack driver. Dam near same hole at 50 yards...
    Name:  22-1.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  144.2 KB
    Name:  22-2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  157.7 KB

Kidd supergrade squirel gun coming up next!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good, again that Magpul stock ..

So what scope up there?

I made the mistake of looking at the Kidd site the other day...lol..damnit..that 16” new ultra lite barrel and a bunch of parts instantly became on the list...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a Weaver Rimfire 3-9X32 A/O. Yeah that Kidd stuff is some serious eye candy. Put a Kidd, extractor, firing pin, bolt handle, guide rod/spring, bolt buffer and receiver pins in the rifle above. Also wrapped the silver receiver with Gun Skins ATACS...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brimstone does fantastic work on 10/22 triggers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stone- nice list of parts... I like it.

Go shoot that thing and Post up some group pics..