Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought part of 41F was that prints and photos remained good to go for one year from original filing?

On a related note, is anybody else getting java errors out the yin-yang?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, BU.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I thought part of 41F was that prints and photos remained good to go for one year from original filing?

On a related note, is anybody else getting java errors out the yin-yang?
    My understanding is that prints are good indefinitely. Photos for one year. That’s the Silencer Shop policy. That said, I don’t think you can just fill out a form 6 months later and tell ATF to check your file for the prints and pic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last year I sent in 3 Form 1's at the same time, but forgot to include a second set of prints for each. So instead of 6 cards I only sent in 3. I was fully expecting a rejection letter. It never came and I got my stamps. I'm not sure what the policy is, but I just sent in 2 per.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    When you guys filed, did it say in any instructions if you could send the same set of prints for multiple form 1s?
    I'd have to go back and look, but if I remember right it says you have to submit a set of prints for each for form 1, and every time. It's fucking annoying, because they have a dozen sets of my prints, including one from an FFL I was added to not even 2 months ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Second Form 1 approved through trust. Filed 10/26/18---approved yesterday 11/05/18------

Downloads
    Uploads
    I filed mine on the 26th, so hopefully I'll hear back any day now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I presume I need to print / sign and scan the RPQ and upload the scanned copy with my signature? Kind of defeats the purpose of e-Forms, but it seems the RPQ is treated as simply an attachment to the Form 1 eForm. Am I grocking this correctly?

Edit: never mind, I figured out how to add the signature to the RPQ electronically via Adobe before uploading. Note that to upload your trust the file size has to be less that 3MB. I had to break my file up into a few pieces which was a bit of a pain.

Edit 2: holy cow that was a painful user experience. I don't remember the last time I used a website or piece of software that was that poorly designed and built.
    Submitted e-File Form 1 on 11/3, Approved 11/15

Concurrently, I used the Silencer Shop Form 1 service and submitted on 9/30 and it's still sitting with them. It looks like they held it while they got things setup to use the ATF's eFile service and they state they'll be submitted via eFile soon. I was happy to hear that since I was afraid I was going to have to wait 6-12 months otherwise. That takes some of the value out of their service since you can do it directly via the ATF website now, but then again that website is so horribly designed and the SS process is much better so it may be worth it for those who get easily frustrated by technology.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Submitted e-File Form 1 on 11/3, Approved 11/15

Concurrently, I used the Silencer Shop Form 1 service and submitted on 9/30 and it's still sitting with them. It looks like they held it while they got things setup to use the ATF's eFile service and they state they'll be submitted via eFile soon. I was happy to hear that since I was afraid I was going to have to wait 6-12 months otherwise. That takes some of the value out of their service since you can do it directly via the ATF website now, but then again that website is so horribly designed and the SS process is much better so it may be worth it for those who get easily frustrated by technology.
    The SS approach doesn’t require you to submit more original finger prints. Once in their system they are good indefinitely. Which is good for trusts with multiple persons. But that’s the only advantage I see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The SS approach doesn’t require you to submit more original finger prints. Once in their system they are good indefinitely. Which is good for trusts with multiple persons. But that’s the only advantage I see.
    Factoring the cost of each set of finger prints (which is minimal at $10 for the first card, $3 each additional) and, more importantly, the value of my time needed to actually go in and get my prints taken, i personally see not needing to get new prints each time i want to submit a Form 1 as a huge advantage.

I read in the last newsletter i received from Silencer Shop that forms filed using their Form 1 service are now being eFiled. So i guess i'll be finding out soon whether or not it'll be as fast as filing directly with BATFE.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those that filled out an online Form 1, it says passport style photo...... but how did you scan it? Just scanned the tiny photo? Or ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For those that filled out an online Form 1, it says passport style photo...... but how did you scan it? Just scanned the tiny photo? Or ?
    In the past, I've uploaded a scanned passport size photo and it was accepted.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you ask? I know you haven't received those BRN-4 lowers yet. Or have you.........?

Smiles and stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All they mean is that the photograph meets passport standards: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ts/photos.html

Just take a picture of yourself against a light wall. I literally took a selfie in my bathroom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I presume I need to print / sign and scan the RPQ and upload the scanned copy with my signature? Kind of defeats the purpose of e-Forms, but it seems the RPQ is treated as simply an attachment to the Form 1 eForm. Am I grocking this correctly?

Edit: never mind, I figured out how to add the signature to the RPQ electronically via Adobe before uploading. Note that to upload your trust the file size has to be less that 3MB. I had to break my file up into a few pieces which was a bit of a pain.

Edit 2: holy cow that was a painful user experience. I don't remember the last time I used a website or piece of software that was that poorly designed and built.
    How did you sign the RPQ? Was it a electronically generated digital signature with a date/time stamp, etc. or did you actually scrawl you signature via touch screen, track pad, etc.? And did eForms generate the PDF, or did you download a blank PDF to fill in, sign, and upload? Thanks for the info! I'm itching to file a few Form 1s, and i'm trying to decide how to proceed (on my own, or using Silencer Shop once their Form 1 service is back online).
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    How did you sign the RPQ? Was it a electronically generated digital signature with a date/time stamp, etc. or did you actually scrawl you signature via touch screen, track pad, etc.? And did eForms generate the PDF, or did you download a blank PDF to fill in, sign, and upload? Thanks for the info! I'm itching to file a few Form 1s, and i'm trying to decide how to proceed (on my own, or using Silencer Shop once their Form 1 service is back online).
    For the ATF e-File, I embedded my signature image in the PDF (the eqivalent of scanning a signed hard copy). For the SS, I used Docusign to digitally sign (easiest on a tablet where you can use your fingers/touchscreen to sign vs trying to do it with a mouse on a PC). The SS/Docusign system is much easier to navigate and a much better customer/user experience.

If you have Fingerprint cards on hand, and think you can manage your way through the horrible UX of the ATF's website, you're probably better off to go direct to eFile through the ATF website. A few warnings: be prepared to mail your fingerprint cards right away and know that if you use a trust the file size has to be less than 3MB, I believe. I had to break my scanned trust into 4 files which took a while (and luckily have access to a full version of Adobe Acrobat), plus getting the digital signature on the RPQ took me some time to figure out. I probably spent 90 minutes getting everything ready for the ATF eFile (although I could probably do the next one in 20 minutes). The SS process takes about 10 or 15 and they handle the Fingerprint cards for you. So, it depends on if you value speed or convenience more.