Downloads
    Uploads

Flickr Alternative?

So, go the notice today that any users with more than 1,000 photos will have to go to the paid plan. Which is $50/year.

Looking at switching. 500 Pix is about the same price. Smug mug is the same.
    Google already has my domain and my phone already backs up to google, but it doesn't look like you can share different sizes than what was uploaded.

Imgur may be the last option.

What are everyone's recommendations here?
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    So, go the notice today that any users with more than 1,000 photos will have to go to the paid plan. Which is $50/year.

Looking at switching. 500 Pix is about the same price. Smug mug is the same.
    Google already has my domain and my phone already backs up to google, but it doesn't look like you can share different sizes than what was uploaded.

Imgur may be the last option.

What are everyone's recommendations here?
    P. have you given any thought to one of the personal cloud drives that you can load 1 tera bytes or more, and can wi-fi or blue tooth to? Basically jus a smarter big A$$ hard drive? I would guess that you could store a heck of a lot of p hotos on a 1 or 2T drive? They are fairly cheap now. Just an idea I'm throwing out there as a "non photographer".

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the issue is being able to serve the photos on boards, not just back them up. Personally I don't rely on the image sites (in my case Flickr) to back up anything, I just use it for serving the image and being able to control whether it's public or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Correct. I've got two 1TB hard drives. One I use as a cloud and the other as a photo only back up.

Looking for a a Flickr replacement to share photos from to boards, ect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    David,

My Flickr email probably went to my Yahoo email that I never check. If you hit the 1K limit, can you just delete photos to get below the paying threshold? I understand this doesn't help you, but just planning for my distant future.

Downloads
    Uploads

Flickr Alternative?

I’m not sure on any restrictions, but I use

https://postimages.org

I have not had any issues with them. I have hundreds of pics, it’s pretty easy to post images here. I use them on all E&E posts and whatnot. They don’t have the best browsing functionality, but it works. I’ve been using them for about 2 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: I attached some pics so you could see the UI.

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 7 November 2018 at 20:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a "Power" account with SmugMug and am happy with them. Been a paying customer since 2005. Upgraded to the Pro plan for Video when I had kids. I really don't take full advantage of the site's capabilities because it really was built with photographers in mind. It has great privacy setting options so you can make it easy or hard for people to figure out who you are based on the image URL. I.e., my name is in the url to the SmugMug home page, but I can set albums or images to use anonymous links. Given your photography business, I suggest you give SmugMug a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For posting images on forums I always use imgur. Easy, free, always seems to work. It also has unlimited storage.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I barely post to other forums, so Flickr for now works for me. I have an IMGUR account too, but don't use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still using photobucket. Apparently, linking one or two pics a week doesn't set off any buzzers.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    photobucket hates me for some reason
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    photobucket hates me for some reason
    Photobucket hates both of us. And I return the affection in kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk