Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went through the 511 phase but have gone back to BDU pants in the last year.

For range use I wear the khaki BDU pants. My department issues the O.D. green BDUs for duty use and I guess I have gotten used to the placement of all the pockets.
    Murphy's Law of Combat #15:

Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by piggly_wiggly View Post
    Just a warning, this is a self-promoting link, so if that offends you, do not go here,
    but these do have "the old-school BDU waist adjustment tabs on them instead"...
    PW, MM's link to your site is down.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by moeron View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Vertx which are designed by Arc’teryx. They're running 50% off until March 15th, with free shipping until Friday. Length is true to size, but you may want to go up a sized on the waist. I just took mine out of the dryer for the first time and they tightened up a bit. Overall a nice pant, nice and thick material, articulated knees and whatnot... their description will probably do them more justice http://www.vertxtactical.com/

50% coupon is "facefan200"

ETA sale end date
    I got in on these at the 50% and got two pairs and I am VERY happy with them. These are what I was waiting for. They're not cut for fatbodies, they aren't all tacti-fied with pockets everywhere, the way they handle the elastic in the waist doesn't make me feel like I'm 12 and wearing Toughskins jeans that my mom bought me, and I can wear them right from work out to the range.

I had literally given up on finding any kind of pants that did what I needed them too but weren't about looking the part or costing $100+++. $60 MSRP is more than I'd typically like to pay for britches (I wear $25 Old Navy to work most days) but retail tends to be down under $50 from dealers and for the fit, comfort, etc. that they offer I'm willing to pay a little bit extra.

I can't wait for them to release lightweight and short-pant versions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is an old thread but now that you guys have had this stuff for a little while now...how are they holding up? Have your preliminary observations held up??

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've really enjoyed mine. I still wish they'd make a lightweight and a short-pant with a decent inseam.

I also haven't bought anymore, as I'm just not willing to pay that much for britches anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im with ya there on cost...I use the crap that my dept gives us and I don't think Ive replaced them in years...Watched a new officer step out of the academy and noticed the grungy blue BDU pants I had on compared to him. I always wanted a better pair of work BDU pants..The ones we use for work are CRAPPY and look HORRIBLE. I started signing up for some matches..definitely practicing more often..etc. Jeans just dont seem to cut it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spent the past year wearing Kitanica, Vertex, Woolrich, 5.11, Rail Rider and plain jane BDU pants. Each of these had their positive and negative. The Kitanica is like a solid rugged Russian T-34 tank, built to last and lots of pockets to stash your gear, food, and knife away. The Kitanica cost more then the others, I think this is an extreme pants that can go anywhere and work. I like the Kitanica and have no reservation with them. The Vertex pants are what I like for the for my job when I need to be low key and everyday wear. Between my Woolrich and Vertex, the Woolrich wore better on the range and met up with the demands of range duty, the Woolrich had more material on the knee-I didn't always wear knee pads. The Vertex was very comfortable and fit was good.

The Rail Riders I've been wearing for the past several months were the Versatac mid pants, they're the heavier material blend of "6.6 oz canvas weave nylon". The pants were a bit long on me but when wearing my Danner boots not an issue. The pants felt light and airy. As an everyday wear, the pants were comfortable and had plenty of pockets. These would be my 2nd option as a low key pants to wear. The Rail Riders are well made and can take a beating. I've used these on the range and so far as my everyday wear.

My 5.11 are try and true, still chugging along, there are tears, rips and faded colors, and at the end of the day, it's still my beater pants. My plain jane BDU are beat up and have seen better days. Because they were issued to me, two pairs, I've worn these out and should trash them but because I am a working joe, they have become SHTF pants in the BUG bag in my car, along with my 5.11 pants. Sometime this year, they will all be replaced and enjoy life in a cleaning bin for gun parts.

I have not try the EOTAC myself but my buddies from 10-8/Battle Comp wear them and like them. My other buddies from Mil-spec Monkey wear Tadgear pants and swear by them. So this year will be try these and see how they hold up. After watching all the EOTWAWK movies this past year, I have pants ready to go, fight and survive in. I guess I know where my uniform allowance will be going.