Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I got a chance to try out the LA Gear Cargo Pants.. and I have to say that it's pretty nice. I used it when I travelled overseas and found ithe 2 front slit pockets were excellent for holding my passport, tickets, iPod Touch, etc. It was easy to access them when sitting in the plane rather than having to do the one butt cheek lift to get something from my pockets. They also were comfortable, plenty of room to move without feeling cramped. (wish I wore them instead of jeans on the way home) Note that my travel was 20 hours worth in plane flight and no problems what so ever. Only thing I can say that I didn't care about is the look of the backside. There's a curved line of a seam near the croch area which I believe they made wider to give it more room for movement. Material wise, it seem durable enough. You might want to buy the 1 waist size up since you can clinch it closed. I did that and it worked out great. I think it's great for the price.

I haven't tried the TruSpec pants yet. For this pair look wise it has a noticable grid pattern on it. Haven't decided if I like that or not. Any case I haven't worn it yet so I'll have to comment on that later. For the waist size.. get the exact waist size since these pants have a engenious elastic expansion method to hide that it's expanding. But if you get too big.. well you got to wear a belt. Dont' konw if I like the elastics since that stuff is known to wear out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 24/7 Pants have worked very well for me, the baggier fit works best for me out of the pants I've tried, and the waistband is among the most comfortable with and without an IWB holster.

I've had one pair for 6 months, and a couple more. They're literally everyday pants for me, when I'm not in MARPAT, they're what I'm wearing.

The cargo pockets happily hold a pair of 5.56 magazines each, and the knife pockets very securely hold a single stack .45 magazine, making them great range pants, but the cavernous cargo pockets get in the way somewhat for everyday use.

I would like to see some sort of ankle snaps, shock cord, or velro as an option, although if that were packaged with a more relieved cut, reinforced seat, and color choices that includedpatterned material they'd have a real winner of a tactical pant.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 26 April 2009 at 15:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a TAD Gear junkie and have really enjoyed TAD's Force-10 Cargo pants, Spartan pants and their Force-10 Legionnaire pants. TAd Gear was the originator of the front slit pockets mentioned above. LA Police Gear, shall we say, "borrowed" this idea and many others from TAD. The quality and craftsmanshift from TAD is unbeatable.

http://www.tadgear.com/what's_new.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM1911 View Post
    Iv'e been using the TruSpec 24/7 pants for some time and they work for me. The secret to proper fit is to get one size smaller than your actual waist. I also like the fact that they come in canvas and ripstop nyco for hot weather use and, they also have shorts based on the same design.
    I run one inch larger than my waist, which makes them ideal for IWB carry.

They lose some in subtlety points, but when I'm just goofing around at the range, they're fine.

I'll probably be at LAPG later this month to order every version of those shorts available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I like the Wrangler Riggs Ripstop Ranger Pant

+1 for these guys. I picked up a pair at a local sporting store on sale and I've got to say, they work great. They have a good fit, the cargo pockets are at a practical height and they are of heavy construction, and the belt loops are large enough to accommodate your 2.75" belts. For those looking to avoid the 'tactical' look they look like plain cargo pants. The only thing that would stand out is that I do believe that most of us wear our cargo pants properly fitted as opposed to half way down to our ankles...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most Wrangler products that I've come across don't seem very well suited to hot weather. How are these?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I like the Wrangler Riggs Ripstop Ranger Pant

This.

Good stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

pants

Good subject matter, I've try on just about everything-5-11, Woolrich, Crye, BDU, Tadgear, drop Zone Tactical and every free stuff That I've come across
    For the most part on the range, you want comfort and something that will hold up as you hit the deck or jam mags into your cargo pockets.

I've seen cargo pockets rip and gears/mags fall out. I hate cargo pockets with small velcro patches-it's doesn't work, stick with snaps and buttons. The new 5-11 pants look good and I've seen them worn by my fellow LEO down here. I like the "don't scream outloud" cargo jeans/pants that give you a cool look vs a "I'm an off duty LEO" or "gun nut/contractor" look. I want some tactical advantage if a thug is sizing me up.

I like pants that offer function and durability, I like the Carhartt and Dickie work cargo jeans, cargo pockets big enough for a 20 rd mag. The new Railrider cargo pants are very nice, yeah they're pricy but fit nice.

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId=10934# Good color selection and fit loose

http://www.railriders.com/men-versat...?cPath=104_110

http://www.railriders.com/men-versat...nt-pi-954.html

The tadgear pants are decent but high end, they're here in san Francsico and
    yes it's fun to look in their store for cool stuff. Hey John or Stick open a store like that in Seattle and I'll work for you.

Most of the instructors I've met wear, 5-11,Carhartt, Woolrich and BDU for range and classroom. It's comfort, wear and durability with cost being near the top-it's your money. I am cheap and will buy a Carhartt cargo jean and make it last for yrs. The light weight rip-stop is durable and the medium-heavy weight cotton is great but very hot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 5.11, W.E. pants and have been happy with them. I also have 2 new pairs of the TruSpec pants that I have yet to try out.
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    im not much of a tactical pants guy... I just wear propper BDU pants or wranglers... they're cheap and they work for me. I also frequently wear jeans to the range....
    Last edited by Romeo Foxtrot; 26 September 2009 at 19:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I gave up on the "tactical pant" thing a while ago. I decided to go with someting different. I found Mountain Khakis to be the best pair of pants I have ever owned. I got the Alpine pant and this thing is bomb proof. They are 100% 10.4oz cotton duck canvas. They are tripple stiched and everything. I also have the Original Mountain Pant which is great, but more of an everyday pant than an outdoor/work/tactical pant.
    http://www.mountainkhakis.com/handle...6&prod_id=1001

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thprofession47 View Post
    I am a TAD Gear junkie and have really enjoyed TAD's Force-10 Cargo pants, Spartan pants and their Force-10 Legionnaire pants. TAd Gear was the originator of the front slit pockets mentioned above. LA Police Gear, shall we say, "borrowed" this idea and many others from TAD. The quality and craftsmanshift from TAD is unbeatable.

http://www.tadgear.com/what's_new.htm
    I really like TAD Gear as well. I believe all of their products are made in state as well. I'm not sure about their pants but I do know their jackets have a 6 month warranty for defects which tells you they stand by their products. The only downside to TAD gear is that it's a bit expensive. On the upside, you probably won't have to replace them for a while. If you're ever in the area you should check out their store. It's a few blocks from Mythbusters/M5 Industries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wear and love the cabelas trail hikers I have been wearing them for 4 years now and work well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because I don't like spending alot of money on pants (rather spend coin on training) I wear the FUBAR cargo pants from LAPoliceGear. I own several of them and have run them pretty hard. So far so good......and for $15 bucks a piece why wouldn't you own a pair!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a TAD Gear fan as well , pricey but top of the line . The only problem is i keep finding myself making up excuses to be in the neighborhood of their store , & of course it would be rude to be in the neighborhood & not stop in and say hello to the guys and maybe pick up 1 small item which leads too several items ..........................aaaaaaaaaah i'm gettin in the car