Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

WEVO Member Fundraiser

Hi All,

Normally, this isn't the type of post we do, but this time I felt compelled. A fellow member, mustangfreek needs some assistance. Now I'm somewhat local to mustangfreek, he lives about 2.5 hours away from me. Over the last few years he's run into some rough financial times and has had to sell off basically all his firearms. I've done my best to donate parts to keep his safe from going completely empty.

However, his situation as deteriorated to a point where he's having trouble stocking his fridge, keeping a roof over his head, and has some medical issues.

I'm open to suggestions on how to best assist him. Maybe we can just get some Paypal money together and buy some gift cards? I know some people are leery of just straight up cash. My wife and I usually adopt a family for the holidays so we'll likely shift our resources to this.

Thanks to Fort Tom for bringing the idea forward.

You guys are the best group of guys around.

Thanks for reading.

Update: For those that wanted to donate, Jason (mustangfreek) has a paypal account of Mustangfreek@att.net

Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in - whatever is decided. PayPal is easiest for me - I'm happy to send money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep me in the loop. Always willing to help if possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On another note, I know a number of people from that region, some of which might be able to help in other ways. If we can be sort of let into the loop either privately or publicly [your call] maybe we can find a more permanent bit of assistance in addition to this. Stuff like 'what does he do, what does he want to do, what is he able to do' etc might help.

We can hook him up short term for sure, but longer term we might be able to get him something with insurance coverage and a steady paycheck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jason's a good dude. Don't like seeing my brothers down on their luck. I'll help in any way I can. Let me know what I can do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On another gun forum I’m a part of, sometimes we do fundraisers by creating an entirely unique classifieds thread, and the proceeds of anything sold in that thread goes to the fundraiser. Normal rules apply (time stamps for dibs etc). Anyone can post anything for sale and anyone can buy it

Or if someone puts up something high dollar, let’s say a rifle for example, there could be a bidding auction with a minimum opening bid to cover it and anything over is profit for the fundraiser

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in. Following ...
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in. PayPal works for me. Thanks for doing this UW. My guess is Cash would help more, but I'm up for whatever.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 21 November 2018 at 11:29.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m up for fundraiser and PayPal options. I’m out of town but have some things I can offer for sale too when I return in a couple weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll do whatever the rest of the group decides. Dude needs a Uhaul and a ticket the fuck out of that hellhole he's sitting in.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I'll do whatever the rest of the group decides. Dude needs a Uhaul and a ticket the fuck out of that hellhole he's sitting in.
    Sounds like it. Hopefully we can give him a quick leg up to take away some of the stress this kind of stuff causes..

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it’s been a while since I posted but I’ve been lurking from time to time dealing with my own issues. Finally almost back on my feet so I understand the hardships. I’m down to help however we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for bringing this up FT. Its been on my heart for a few weeks now and I was going to contact UW about it. I'm in. Cash sent to UW would work best for me but I will work with whatever the group comes up with.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.