Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    LOL, I'm not going to battle who was poorer back in the day...

Although, I do have more appreciation for my mother as time goes on. She was the master check floater until payday. These days you can't get away with it as much, but back then you had 7-10 days before they cleared and she was good at robbing peter to pay paul. I can recall when they had $18 in their checking account, but somehow made Birthdays happen.
    Your family had 18$??? Damn, you had it made, Mr. Silver Spoon. Hell, we didn't even have spoons.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't been on in awhile been busy. I'm good with using PayPal.

And if we could do a raffle of some kind and the proceeds goes the Mustang.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM sent to you, UWone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow

I’m not sure what to say other then thank you guys. It will help tremendously.Im not much of a talker but the generosity to help essentially a stranger out is a good feeling. I hope you all had a good turkey day and a great holiday season.

Thank you guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So a little update. Fort Tom contacted me and wants to throw up a Smith and Wesson M&P40 to raise money. An idea floated would be have 25-30 spots at $25 a spot. Draw a number and the winner will have the opportunity to buy the M&P for $1.

If we can get 30 spots filled, that would raise $750, which would get our total fundraiser over 1k.

The question is, is this something that would garner any interest? Can we get at least 25 slots filled?

This will come with 6 mags, and obviously have to ship to your FFL.

Thanks for your input.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d kick in a spot or two for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    So a little update. Fort Tom contacted me and wants to throw up a Smith and Wesson M&P40 to raise money. An idea floated would be have 25-30 spots at $25 a spot. Draw a number and the winner will have the opportunity to buy the M&P for $1.

If we can get 30 spots filled, that would raise $750, which would get our total fundraiser over 1k.

The question is, is this something that would garner any interest? Can we get at least 25 slots filled?

Thanks for your input.
    I would certainly be in for a spot, and 1-2 more if there's any left after everyone has a shot at getting in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would get a couple spots.

Edit: Thanks FT.
    Last edited by Big_Tom; 27 November 2018 at 19:31.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    The urge to make a snarky comment about .40 is strong...

...but I'm in for spot or two. And tip of the hat to UW for getting this going and FT for stepping up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your input.
    Just one minor thing. I'm not quite sure how many mag's I have, 5 or 6. When I get home, I will count them and post. It's an M&P 40 with an APEX FSS trigger actually installed by Randy Lee at APEX. Also comes with TFO sights. I estimate the gun to be 95% but not lower than 90%. I believe the round count is approx. 200 through the gun, but actually think It's even lower, but I never keep track of those things. Anyway, it would be a hell of a deal for the price of a raffle ticket. I cannot ship hi-cap magazines to states that prohibit them.

Thanks to UW for setting this up for me. Hope it generates some seriously needed cash for one of our own going through hard times. Thanks and don't hesitate to start buying your tickets.
    I thank you all for supporting one of our loyal members, and for UW's generosity with his time, which I suspect isn't real abundant to begin with.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer Former11B’s idea of a dedicated classified thread. Buyer emails evidence of amount sent to Jason and donator mails item to buyer.

Might be tough getting 25-30 members interested in any one item. A fixed price listing would work if even one person wants it. Many of us already have too many different pistol mag platforms. At least six for me. I would rather not buy a chance at something I can’t use and then have the hassle of reselling.

Edit: NOT to say doing both is not a good idea.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 27 November 2018 at 19:05.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    The urge to make a snarky comment about .40 is strong...

...but I'm in for spot or two. And tip of the hat to UW for getting this going and FT for stepping up.
    LOL. .40 is not my favorite, but I'm down for the fund raising.

I counted 8 spots ish just in the few minutes this has been up. I'd be in for 6-8 spots, so let's say that's 16, we really just have 9-14 slots to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I prefer Former11B’s idea of a dedicated classified thread. Buyer emails evidence of amount sent to Jason and donator mails item to buyer.

Might be tough getting 25-30 members interested in any one item. A fixed price listing would work if even one person wants it. Many of us already have too many different pistol mag platforms. At least six for me. I would rather not buy a chance at something I can’t use and then have the hassle of reselling.

We could do both, but in this market, anything and everything seems to move slooooooooooooow, unless you're buying for a specific gun or project. Plus it's right after all the Black Friday sales. I'm guessing you guys bought whatever you wanted already.

Ultimately, I'm just down for whatever raises the most cash to help a brother out.

Thanks Guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post

This is an open auction. If you win a M&P for $25. even with your FFL charge for accepting it for you, you can sell it for a hell of a lot more than you paid and get something you'd rather have, or pocket the profit. Also, non-forum members can buy a spot. I don't really care, I'm just trying to get money in the hands of one of "our" brothers, especially before Christmas. I've already sent my $$ cash donation, and thought I could sweeten the pot a little more, this way. If I have any say in it, (which not being an Admin or Mod, I really don't) my preference would be to keep it in a simple raffle as UW described. At least for the donated M&P.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 27 November 2018 at 19:53.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be in for a slot. I'll also hit up a buddy of mine who is super into M&P's. May get another slot that way.

Edit: Well that didn't take long. He's in for a slot as well, so put me down for 2, with 2 different numbers or... however is easier for you.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 27 November 2018 at 21:57.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler