Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12.5" Options

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfByTwentyEight View Post
    Hadn't seen the Triarc barrels yet. Very interesting with the single edge poly (SEP) rifling. Anybody have any info on gas port sizes for the different barrel lengths they offer? Might call them next week to get some info.
    I'd call them. They always seem to be improving their stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if specs changed in the few years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Found this company while looking for a 9.5" 5.56 barrel. Don't know anything other than what's on the website.

https://columbiariverarms.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fairlanericky View Post
    Found this company while looking for a 9.5" 5.56 barrel. Don't know anything other than what's on the website.

https://columbiariverarms.com/
    That's who took over Black Hole Weaponry's operation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Since I know nothing about Black Hole Weaponry, are these barrels any good?

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fairlanericky View Post
    Since I know nothing about Black Hole Weaponry, are these barrels any good?

Ric
    Their last few years was hit and miss. They made Rainier's original Select Barrels, and those were shooters for the most part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whas there a change of ownership? I just thought the renamed / rebranded themselves.

Note that they have a discount / outlet website as well: https://truesportingarmsllc.com/

Rick, I don't have solid data to back this up, but I put BHW/CRA kind of in the middle. Generally better than the budget barrels but haven't earned the reputation as a top barrel maker. I think they priced accordingly. I would say the CRA is one of the least expensive custom barrel shops, so you if you want something odd or hard to find, they are a good source.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Anybody have any experience with these?

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...-ssk-rail.html
    Sionics has a very good reputation over at M4C; they're not so popular outside of there, but I've yet to hear anything negative about them, so they're arguably a bit of a hidden gem (they worked with Will Larson AKA Iraqgunz of Semper Paratus Arms for awhile, IIRC, hence the M4C connection, and Larson has always praised them). They're local to me, and have done a little work for me before, and I've been happy.

Geissele also has an 11.5" upper that's not inordinately expensive, as does Sons of Liberty Gun Works, though I've heard of CS issues with SoLGW (though haven't heard anything bad about the guns themselves). PWS also has a budget line that could work, if you're interested in trying out a piston gun.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 8 December 2019 at 19:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Their last few years was hit and miss. They made Rainier's original Select Barrels, and those were shooters for the most part.
    I have one of the original ones on an AR. That rifle is very accurate. Easily sub MOA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its an 11.5” but BRT has their barrels made with the Triarc rifling, per Clint (the owner) over on M4C, although they call it 6P. Chrono data I’ve found posted online shows their barrels are all pretty consistently fast, so, velocity might be closer to a 12.5”. That’s internet data though so take it for what’s its worth.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...tegory=1852006

They also make the same barrel for dedicated suppressed if that’s the route you’re going.

I know they put a lot of work into their profiles and port sizes; I’ve got the 16” and it’s just ridiculously smooth.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler