Downloads
    Uploads

Sunday Range Day

I figured this would be an appropriate place to post this. It had been a while since my cousin and I got the long guns out and put some work in on the scopes. Today was a near perfect day here in Oklahoma. My SBR is the odd man out but got its legs stretched anyway. Steel targets from 100 yards all the way to 1,000 yards. Winds where between 6-8 mph with a few gusts up to 15, which is pretty damn good here in the sooner state. Among the line up we had a 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua, 224 Valkyrie, a couple 223 bolt guns and a 308. Shooting started around 1030 and we finished the day around 1830. All in all the winds were good, the weather was decently warm and the company of family a couple close friends made for a perfect day of some recoil therapy.

This was the 1,000 yard target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap man! That looks like the most awesome time ever!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Holy crap man! That looks like the most awesome time ever!!!
    It was a blast! We have a nice range built up on one of our farms. Three sided range with burms, steel targets, movable paper/cardboard targets and walls that can be arranged into whatever course of fire we want. The burms need built back up some thought. The wind and weather combined with cattle walking all over them has worn them down pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something more satisfying about long range shooting. Nice lookin range!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    It was a blast! We have a nice range built up on one of our farms. Three sided range with burms, steel targets, movable paper/cardboard targets and walls that can be arranged into whatever course of fire we want. The burms need built back up some thought. The wind and weather combined with cattle walking all over them has worn them down pretty good.

If I ever get my act together and start working again I might have to head your way for some long range fun. Or if you want to bring some guns out we have 1,400 here starting at 300 and every 100 from there.

I am tighter than a banjo string on money right now. If I can come into some money though I will build a nice long range rig.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Something more satisfying about long range shooting. Nice lookin range!
    Indeed there is sir! Hearing that “gong” of ringing steel at 1,000 yards is most satisfying. Appreciate it. We need to do some more work on it but it does the job!

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If I ever get my act together and start working again I might have to head your way for some long range fun. Or if you want to bring some guns out we have 1,400 here starting at 300 and every 100 from there.

I am tighter than a banjo string on money right now. If I can come into some money though I will build a nice long range rig.
    I understand that! If you’re ever I the area you’re more than welcome to come get behind some of ours, after all we can only shoot one at a time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the only time of year that I miss Oklahoma! [beers]
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man that's nice. I STILL end up doing most of my shooting out at the OKC gun club by Arcadia, even living here in N. Texas. Hoping to move back that way next year.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Man that's nice. I STILL end up doing most of my shooting out at the OKC gun club by Arcadia, even living here in N. Texas. Hoping to move back that way next year.
    I haven’t ventured out to many ranges, not that I’ve ever needed to. Plus we can use tannerite and such out here without complaint. Being south of the red river isn’t the worst place you could be!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    This is the only time of year that I miss Oklahoma! [beers]
    It is a wonderful time here in God’s Country, even if we only have two seasons a year