Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binary Triggers

Downloads
    Uploads

Binary Triggers

I know there is the whole bump stock fight going on and I am definitely against that stupid ass arbitrary rule change.

That all said I am not a big fan of bump stocks. I've shot em but I see it as a novelty thing to get giggles and waste ammo.

On the other hand though I think binary triggers are the way to go. Those I think could have some very real utility.

With all the bullshit going on I am wondering if anyone has any real world experience with those types of triggers and what my options would be should I decide to invest in a couple of them.

I can't build up anything right now but the binary trigger thing has piqued my interest for a while now, and once the new year starts and hopefully after I get a fresh start I might invest in a couple of those triggers for future builds.

Anybody able to offer guidance or think the idea just sucks? What's your opinions on if this is or isn't a viable option and how many options are there for those triggers?

PS... one other lingering question I have about those triggers is how they interface with the lower. I know some AR lowers are marked with the 3rd position, but I don't know if they have any unique geometry to accommodate that lever?

I am not even talking about building a FA gun by any means at all, I just simply am not schooled enough in AR lower geometric shapes to know if any old lower will work or not. I've heard that some manufacturers changed some dimensions inside the lower to prevent the conversion to FA but I don't know anything about that or if it's true or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a huge misconception about AR lowers and converting them to full auto. You can't just drill the auto sear pin hole. The entire rear area has to be milled out to fit the sear.

Colt likes to put a web across the rear that prevents the use of drop in auto sears, but if you're machining it for a normal auto sear the web is irrelevant, since widening the necessary area also removes the offending material.

The selector determines how far it can rotate. Full auto selectors have the additional detent position.

As for binary triggers.... Hard pass. I've used a few and you can outrun the carrier, causing a malfunction, or get stuck with the trigger pulled and not want to fire the release shot (although some let you move the selector to safe and nullify the release shot). I've also seen idiots have double NDs with them.

Get your 01/03 or 07/02, or save up for a transferable. Binary triggers are no substitute for full auto. I got my 07/02 earlier this year and it was very easy, and the costs are well worth it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Full auto for me at least, kind of loses it's luster after a few range sessions and loading magazines.

Binary triggers are gimmicky. Short of interesting when you first shoot them, but no substitute. The newer Echo Triggers have double disconnectors, so the chances of outrunning the carrier are cut, but again, not the same as FA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only had a few times when I've been able to truly shoot Full Auto. Yes it's fun but unless I hit the power ball I would run out of ammo in no time flat. It's an expensive game to get into for sure. And yes I am in agreement with Uwone about the whole spending your day loading magazines thing. That said it was awesome shooting a suppressed FA MP5 to my heart's content.

The Echo trigger is the one I was thinking of. Pull and release is one shot each. I've never shot one at all. Not sure if it will have much utility but for a truck/home defense gun, that would certainly make things interesting for sure.

I have zero interest in slide fire for all the same reasons everyone else gives. It's a novelty at best (but I still dislike that regulation by fiat bullshit)

The Echo trigger in a 9mm SBR with a suppressor would be to me at least a very interesting piece of equipment. I would certainly be a hit at parties and I could put that by my bed or have it tucked away in a backpack.

Also I have no idea what a 01/03 or 07/02 is... I am guessing some kind of federal dealer or manufacturer's license?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The selector determines how far it can rotate. Full auto selectors have the additional detent position.

So the part above is the one with the extra detent in it that allows it to rotate to that third position?

So pretty much any lower with or without 3rd position markings are fine for the selector switch?

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 round burst is way more interesting to me, but it's still 'full auto'... just mag dumping is a totally different game.

At least with the Echo trigger or whatnot I would be able to have 'two round' instead of three, but I think it might be interesting if I could make it happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a full auto selector.
    Name:  ps_IMG_1345.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  53.1 KB
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info here: http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html

Also research high shelf and low shelf receivers...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 round burst is a little different as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    So the part above is the one with the extra detent in it that allows it to rotate to that third position?

So pretty much any lower with or without 3rd position markings are fine for the selector switch?
    If there's room for the selector to turn in the lower, any lower will take a 3-position selector and the selector will turn to all three positions. In a non-FA lower, the third position will just be "SAFE." Colt lowers have issues with this because of the bar that Slippers mentioned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will repeat this here:

The only thing better than owning a machine gun (or boat, plane, etc.) is having a friend that owns them.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Binary triggers are expensive for what they are in my opinion.

I'd rather buy 4 G2S triggers on sale.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Binary triggers are expensive for what they are in my opinion.

I'd rather buy 4 G2S triggers on sale.
    The idea of doing 'controlled pairs' is attractive to me (on paper) but I've never played with one. I wish I knew someone local that had a setup like that so I could try before spending the money. Last time I looked they were like $400++ which is very steep.

I am not convinced yet, as is the case with many things, but in theory they seem like they would be awesome especially if it would work on a super shorty suppressed 9mm SBR.

If it were legal to make a true 3 round burst sub gun I would be on that like white on rice. Just running a mag dry is all kicks and giggles but the novelty wears off fast like you mentioned.

In the end the Echo trigger might be a 'no go' for me, but if I can round somebody up to try one, especially if it works on a PCC I would probably take the plunge and build one up like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 round burst on an m16 is horrible. In semi the trigger sucks. In burst it doesn't reset the counter when you let off. This means if you let off early and only two rounds fire, the next pull is only one shot, no matter what. Most other guns with 3 round burst, like an mp5, fnc, or sig550 reset the 3 rounds every time.

Full auto doesn't mean you hold the trigger and dump a mag every pull. You can do controlled bursts easily. 2 rounds, 3 rounds, etc. And if your gun is set up well, and your technique is good, you can easily land multiple rounds on target even at 200 yards.

01/03 is a type 01 FFL with class 3 SOT. This is a firearms dealer who can also sell NFA items. With a class 3 SOT you can purchase post sample machine guns but you need a demo letter from a police department.

07/02 is a type 07 FFL with class 2 SOT, which is a firearm manufacturer that can make NFA items. This is the money shot. You can make your own post sample machine guns without a demo letter. Take a random AR lower, mill the rear pocket, drill the third pin, install the auto sear, full auto selector, and Geissele SSF or m16 fcg, engrave it, file the form 2, and you're off to the races.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com