Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Binary Triggers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    07/02 is a type 07 FFL with class 2 SOT, which is a firearm manufacturer that can make NFA items. This is the money shot. You can make your own post sample machine guns without a demo letter. Take a random AR lower, mill the rear pocket, drill the third pin, install the auto sear, full auto selector, and Geissele SSF or m16 fcg, engrave it, file the form 2, and you're off to the races.
    How much and how long does that process take? What's all involved in that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    $150/3 years on FFL, $500 a year for SOT. Depending on your business you may also have to pay $2250/year for ITAR.

To do it all it's just paperwork, and you need zoning approval. ATF will inspect you at least once a year as an 07. And it has to be a real business, or you won't be able to renew the FFL after 3 years. You can't have the FFL to enhance your personal collection.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Binary triggers are expensive for what they are in my opinion.

I'd rather buy 4 G2S triggers on sale.
    ^^^^This. Full auto is only worth while on crew served weapons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    ^^^^This. Full auto is only worth while on crew served weapons.
    Indeed. Give me a GAU-30, or nothing at all.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Indeed. Give me a GAU-30, or nothing at all.
    Is that 3.75 times better than a GAU-8?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I could get a few seconds of 30mm depleted uranium trigger time....

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL. You guys..... And here I am content with doing a suppressed double tap with 147 grain 9mm hollow points.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    LOL. You guys..... And here I am content with doing a suppressed double tap with 147 grain 9mm hollow points.
    Just try not to let your muscle memory kill somebody. Not letting off the trigger has to be like Tommy LaSorda not picking his nose when the camera was on him.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some full auto time and training in law enforcement, military, and civilian contexts. Just for the record I am in the military I am not and never have been a cop. I own 2 civilian registered MG's. One is a 9mm SMG and the other is a Steyr AUG.

One of my instructors was a LE SWAT guy and he taught us 2rd burst, two trigger pulls, 4rds on target. I really love the idea of and application of 2rd burst and the HK selectors that have that feature.

I like the idea of a binary trigger allowing for a 2rd burst. I'm not into the idea of them simulating full auto extended burst.

Although I do not own one yet, of all the binary triggers out there the one that really interests me is the digi-trigger (I currently own a fostech echo). The reason why is because it allows you to negate the 2nd round simply by waiting 6 seconds. No other action required. That is HUGE. Seriously. I would like to see them reduce the wait time down to 2 seconds. You can also manually negate it the same as the others by turning the safety on. Also it has an additional feature of a reduced trigger pull weight single shot (kind of an electronic set trigger if you will) so that is nice too.

All of the safety concerns of binary triggers all have to do with what happens if you don't want to shoot the 2nd round. The digi trigger addresses that the best by far. One other issue that may or may not be safety related depending on your view but certainly is reliability related is outrunning the trigger and on that is safety related is hammer follow. The fostech echo addresses this pretty well as does the digi-trigger. I do not know whether or not the franklin armory does.

I am especially interested in the 2rd burst type application in pistol caliber weapons.

tsh77769

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tsh77769 View Post
    I have some full auto time and training in law enforcement, military, and civilian contexts. Just for the record I am in the military I am not and never have been a cop. I own 2 civilian registered MG's. One is a 9mm SMG and the other is a Steyr AUG.

One of my instructors was a LE SWAT guy and he taught us 2rd burst, two trigger pulls, 4rds on target. I really love the idea of and application of 2rd burst and the HK selectors that have that feature.

I like the idea of a binary trigger allowing for a 2rd burst. I'm not into the idea of them simulating full auto extended burst.

Although I do not own one yet, of all the binary triggers out there the one that really interests me is the digi-trigger (I currently own a fostech echo). The reason why is because it allows you to negate the 2nd round simply by waiting 6 seconds. No other action required. That is HUGE. Seriously. I would like to see them reduce the wait time down to 2 seconds. You can also manually negate it the same as the others by turning the safety on. Also it has an additional feature of a reduced trigger pull weight single shot (kind of an electronic set trigger if you will) so that is nice too.

All of the safety concerns of binary triggers all have to do with what happens if you don't want to shoot the 2nd round. The digi trigger addresses that the best by far. One other issue that may or may not be safety related depending on your view but certainly is reliability related is outrunning the trigger and on that is safety related is hammer follow. The fostech echo addresses this pretty well as does the digi-trigger. I do not know whether or not the franklin armory does.

I am especially interested in the 2rd burst type application in pistol caliber weapons.

tsh77769
    Thanks for the post! That's great info. I am normally a slow mover on things until I make up my mind, then I usually spend myself into the poor house. LOL

I am still debating the idea of a 2rd burst option for a PCC. It would definitely make things interesting.

For the record I am not that into going full mag dump. That's fun for a few minutes but it gets expensive quick.

I am not LE or MIL... I am talking purely a range toy here, or possibly a side folder pistol configuration or maybe an SBR.

I have a few projects that I want to do, I just have to prioritize them according to the bank account over the next couple of years (unless I hit some big money then I will just go on a shopping spree).

I am the master at confusing wants and needs but so far I have been fairly disciplined considering the overall situation for the last year.

Just being real about it, just about anything I build or buy will be for fun only with maybe one exception and that would be a scheduled 'truck gun' of some sorts that Voodoo Man gave me some excellent advice on.

When the funds come available though, it's going to be game on for a lot of things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tsh77769 View Post

Although I do not own one yet, of all the binary triggers out there the one that really interests me is the digi-trigger

https://digitrigger.com/digitrigger-12

For $600 bucks? No way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If I could get a few seconds of 30mm depleted uranium trigger time....
    I've got a friend who was a former A-10 fighter pilot in the Air Force. Want me to give him a call and see if he can hook you up?

You could fly due south and kill California.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Keep in mind the set trigger feature and the increased safety.

tsh77769

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like another mediocre binary trigger to me.

$600? HAAAAAAAAAAAARD PASS

I can get almost 6 G2S's on sale

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Liberals are going to piss fire, when they get wind of these. I don't know how long these type triggers have been around, but I would imagine that there would be more heads exploding than in Scanners.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper