Downloads
    Uploads

Article: Hard Lessons: LE, Self Reliance and Dying Well

https://www.vdmsr.com/2018/12/hard-l...and-dying.html

Wrote an article on the recent lawsuit being tossed and other concepts which people misunderstanding, as well as, one concept which all LEO's and any responsible armed citizen should take seriously.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting read, Voodoo. The lack of a "duty to protect" is something that I don't believe much of the population understands. It also feels like the percent of the population that is growing up with a strong sense of morals, courage, and understanding of the concept of "dying well" is quickly diminishing with every new generation. Frankly, "masculinity" seems to be on the decline, but maybe I just feel that way because I live outside of Seattle and have visited Portlandia too many times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Interesting read, Voodoo. The lack of a "duty to protect" is something that I don't believe much of the population understands. It also feels like the percent of the population that is growing up with a strong sense of morals, courage, and understanding of the concept of "dying well" is quickly diminishing with every new generation. Frankly, "masculinity" seems to be on the decline, but maybe I just feel that way because I live outside of Seattle and have visited Portlandia too many times.
    Unfortunately, we are seeing this type of weakness permeate through areas which are left leaning and have a lot of "social justice" type people/demonstrations. I see it everyday where I work, rampant weakness, quick to throw blame on others for their own shortcomings, lack of self-accountability and self-respect, forget the concept of "community" in the way Jackson and Adams considered it, those concepts are long dead. These are the same types of people who are quick to say "It takes a village to raise a child" but then want that village segregated into a strict intersectionality hierarchy. It is the embodiment of weakness, the migration from self-reliance to complete reliance on the gov/state for everything, especially for protection.

We need to, whenever possible, teach morals, ethics and responsibility, beyond all that we need to do everything in our power not to move hardships out of the way of our children and youth. They need to learn what it feels like to make a mistake, they need to know what it feels like to fail, so that they can understand what success is, and what proper skillsets it requires.

There is not real ambiguity when it comes to the legal "duty to protect" its is pretty clear and logically speaking it makes perfect sense. Since the police are responsible to protect everyone, they are responsible to protect no one. Since the citizens cannot depend on the police (ergo the gov) to protect them, they have to protect, and be responsible for, themselves and theirs. Hence the 2A, hence the basic fundamental human right of self-defense.

These aren't difficult concepts, they just need to be taught in schools, in homes and in religious institutions. They are in some places, and not in others. Your guess is as good as mine as to which is where.