Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome!!

Looks like a fun event..I’ve been wanting to get into 2 gun/rifle courses as such.. but seems like the good ones are wayyyy on the other dude of the state... just don’t have the time or $$ to commit at the moment

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I need to upgrade my sights (hard to hit 60-100yd 50% IPSC targets when the front post is double the target size)
    Join the red dot revolution. Not only does it make shots like that so much easier, it's a great trainer to see what you're doing with the gun when you press the trigger. I was non-believer for a long time, but I've been assimilated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With my upgraded Dawson sights, I went 100% on pistol targets today including 11 targets (50-66% IPSCs) at 100yds. Huge huge huge improvement.

The Valkyrie shot fantastic. Not a hiccup over a thousand rounds now. Those fast moving ELDs are crushing it

I’ve got a chance to shoot a more advanced course, basically 30-1300 yards, in August. Most engagements are 300-800. I think I can handle it except for some of the 1000+ ones because my dope doesn’t that far

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I think I can handle it except for some of the 1000+ ones because my dope doesn’t that far
    I wrote a program decades ago that will calculate the dope for you.

Input required

Cartridge Identity (just for the printout)
    Ballistic Coefficient
    Altitude above Sea Level
    Temperature in degrees
    Bullet weight in grains
    Sight height above bore (center of scope to center of bore)
    Muzzle velocity

You can then select a Range table / Detailed trajectory (your dope requirements) / Enter another cartridge / Quit

Program doesn't care how far you want the bullet to go, or what increment (yards) you want the dope. Calculates drop and 10 MPH drift.

Probably some newer/better programs available online though.

I looked up the BC of the 90g SMK - .563 and used 100 for altitude and 70 for temp with scope height of 1.5 just as an example. Cartridge zeroed at 100 yards. The "Clicks" column is based upon an optic with 1/4 MOA clicks. That column's accuracy was verified to 1 click at 600 yards at the River Bend Gun Club.

Name:  Valk Page 2.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  133.1 KB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ordered some 80.5gr Berger Fullbore bullets. Going to try them with H4895 and CFE223...they’re supposed to be very very good bullets. Should be right around the high 2800fps with CFE and low 2900s with H4895

Also met a local guy at a match who’s got access to a 1600yd Range. Hopefully some time this summer I can get 1000yd data and see if the Valkyrie can get a One Mile club coin