Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Ultimate Truck/Car Setup

People talk about having a 'truck gun' but I want to take that idea a step farther and do a 3 gun system. I am day dreaming--so it's for fun [so far], but it also does have a manner of seriousness to it because I might make it happen at some point, or at least get the weapons

I have a couple of different iterations or ideas but I would like to hear your thoughts about the subject, this is particularly and specifically if you were able to customize the interior to some degree of the vehicle to be able to secure the weapons when you aren't in it.

Idea 1

Either go 9mm or .45 ACP in a full size Glock. At the same time do a shorty short PCC SBR or 'pistol' with a brace on it and a 3 lug mount (and of course a 3 lug equipped can). Then you can just load the holy crap out of mags (all compatible) with 147 grain hollow points [or .45] and there will be no compatibility questions. An additional gun would be a 00 buckshot shotgun. Not sure if a pump or a semi auto or what variety would be best. I lean towards semi auto and maybe even something magazine fed but I am not sure and would like opinions.

The pistol in this case would be secured inside the vehicle and not meant for on your body carry so something full size.

Idea 2

An AR of some variety and caliber (input requested) with a pinned and welded suppressor to make it only a one stamp gun. Which caliber would you go with and why?
    Same question(s) as above about the shotgun.
    The pistol could be any variety that I like (I love my P226 but I am open to other ideas). Again though, this is not intended as a replacement of the on your body weapon.

The idea is to be able to secure the weapons when you are not in the car so consider that part as 'already accomplished' for the purpose of this discussion. Which weapons would you choose and why? And of course who doesn't need a mini gun, but I am talking more about a realistic system for outfitting a vehicle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Classic Alamo post!

What's the scenario? SHTF, wild critters, or thugs? In SHTF, a standard AR in 5.56 wins for ammunition and parts compatibility during the post-apocalypse. For critters, a suppressed 6.8 SPC SBR. For thugs, then the 6.8 still works but a 9mm PDW could be useful, too. MPX would be my preference, but an MP5K would be hard to beat. I really can't think of a scenario when I'd reach for a scatter gun over a carbine/SBR. Glock 17 or 45 for the pistol is a no-brainer for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make sure your headlights, tail lights, license plate lights, glass, etc. are all in working order, and always wear your seatbelt.

And don't drive erratically, or speed!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In PA having a loaded rifle in your car is a no go...but a loaded SBR or AR pistol is good to go.

For Idea 1. I would go with a PCC that was designed from the ground up to be pistol caliber. I am thinking CZ Scorpion but don't know if those mags are compatible with anything in the CZ pistol world...but that really wouldn't be a concern for me. Just have enough mags for both.

For Idea 2. Dual wield CZ SP01 Tacticals and a 12" 6.5 Grendel SBR (so I could keep it loaded in the car in PA). Don't know why, but sounds cool to me. You said dream scenario, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or for Scenario 1...just get a Roni!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Classic Alamo post!

What's the scenario?
    I've been off my game for a while now.LOL!

Scenario would most likely be a really REALLY good stock market recovery

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Make sure your headlights, tail lights, license plate lights, glass, etc. are all in working order, and always wear your seatbelt.

And don't drive erratically, or speed!
    The fuzz here are pretty friendly. You can carry pretty much whatever you want.

You're talking about a state where we once got pulled over (two trucks)for expired registration and erratic driving. We had more than a pallet full of ammo in one truck and the bed of the other stacked to the brim with guns in the other.

We had so much ammo the front tires of the old truck were lifting off the ground and it was hard to steer.

The officer asked if we were armed and we just laughed. He was chuckling but seriously asked if he could stop by when he got off duty.

You think I am kidding. ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Washington is kind of weird on this. Under the Fish and Wildlife regulations intended to keep folks from hunting from their trucks and ATVs it's illegal (misdemeanor) to have a loaded rifle or shotgun in the vehicle. I've only really heard of Gamies enforcing this. But it does appear to be legal to shoot from a non-moving vehicle as long as it is turned off and not on a public road (which I didn't realize until just now as I thought the law would preclude things such as shooting from my truck bed)

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.15.460

RCW 77.15.460
    Loaded rifle or shotgun in vehicle—Unlawful use or possession—Unlawful use of a loaded firearm—Penalty.
    (1) A person is guilty of unlawful possession of a loaded rifle or shotgun in a motor vehicle, as defined in RCW 46.04.320, or upon an off-road vehicle, as defined in RCW 46.04.365, if:
    (a) The person carries, transports, conveys, possesses, or controls a rifle or shotgun in a motor vehicle, or upon an off-road vehicle, except as allowed by department rule; and
    (b) The rifle or shotgun contains shells or cartridges in the magazine or chamber, or is a muzzle-loading firearm that is loaded and capped or primed.
    (2) A person is guilty of unlawful use of a loaded firearm if:
    (a) The person negligently discharges a firearm from, across, or along the maintained portion of a public highway; or
    (b) The person discharges a firearm from within a moving motor vehicle or from upon a moving off-road vehicle.
    (3) Unlawful possession of a loaded rifle or shotgun in a motor vehicle or upon an off-road vehicle, and unlawful use of a loaded firearm are misdemeanors.
    (4) This section does not apply if the person:
    (a) Is a law enforcement officer who is authorized to carry a firearm and is on duty within the officer's respective jurisdiction;
    (b) Has been granted a disability designation as provided by RCW 77.32.237 and complies with all rules of the department concerning hunting by persons with disabilities; or
    (c) Discharges the rifle or shotgun from upon a nonmoving motor vehicle, as long as the engine is turned off and the motor vehicle is not parked on or beside the maintained portion of a public road, except as authorized by the commission by rule. This subsection (4)(c) does not apply to off-road vehicles, which are unlawful to use for hunting under RCW 46.09.480, unless the person has a department permit issued under RCW 77.32.237.
    (5) For purposes of subsection (1) of this section, a rifle or shotgun shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the rifle or shotgun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing that Texas does not play around with is shooting at or across any public right of way, like for sport.

If you shoot along the side of the road (any public road) within 100 yards or across a public road that's straight up felony.

Other things like deer hunting at night are obviously really illegal too.

I don't know the exact penalties but I'm pretty sure either could land you in prison.

I don't think it applies to self defense situations but if you went wild spraying rounds across the street you could wind up with deadly conduct charges or whatever.

Most of the rules are centered on public safety type stuff or malicious intent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are obviously many exceptions such as that time when those punks did a drive by and shot and killed Marcus Lutrell's dog.

No grand jury around here was going to touch him.

Basically after a long high speed chase the cops rolled up on a car rolled into the ditch and a bunch of criminals sprawled out begging to be taken to jail.

Unless you are him though it's not a good idea. Even if you are him it's still not a good idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    In PA having a loaded rifle in your car is a no go...but a loaded SBR or AR pistol is good to go.

For Idea 1. I would go with a PCC that was designed from the ground up to be pistol caliber. I am thinking CZ Scorpion but don't know if those mags are compatible with anything in the CZ pistol world...but that really wouldn't be a concern for me. Just have enough mags for both.

For Idea 2. Dual wield CZ SP01 Tacticals and a 12" 6.5 Grendel SBR (so I could keep it loaded in the car in PA). Don't know why, but sounds cool to me. You said dream scenario, right?
    PA differentiates between a loaded rifle being a no-go and a loaded Short Barreled Rifle being a Go? That’s odd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    PA differentiates between a loaded rifle being a no-go and a loaded Short Barreled Rifle being a Go? That’s odd

It’s by barrel length so he is correct. SBR’s are GTG in a vehicle in PA. With a carry permit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should have specified that in PA a license to carry firearms is required to have anything loaded in your car. In PA, by definition an SBR is not a rifle, but is considered a "firearm.". Firearms can be loaded in a vehicle in PA. Rifles can not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The lib Cali ex-pats are trying their damnedest to fuck up Texas. They're doing it to other free states like Idaho, Wyoming and Montana too. I say if they want to have a state like Cali, they should go back, deal with the shit they fled from and have their state, but leave other free states the fuck alone. Goes for our friends in Oregon and Washington, too. Just because Seattle likes the damn, dirty hippies, doesn't mean the state needs safe spaces and gun grabbers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I should have specified that in PA a license to carry firearms is required to have anything loaded in your car. In PA, by definition an SBR is not a rifle, but is considered a "firearm.". Firearms can be loaded in a vehicle in PA. Rifles can not.
    See, that's more fuqt-upness. Ohio just passed a law preventing the state from creating an abortion of federal regs and having cookbook laws that make you bandit, or a patriot depending on which county/city you're standing in. I'm not saying Ohio is the last bastion of freedom, but we aren't going to allow shit like Illinois to happen here. Yet, at least.