Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All depends on what your particular situation requires and needs.

The short answer:

Rural/suburban - 556/762 pistol with a folding pistol brace
    Urban - 556/300 pistol with a folding brace

No need for a 9mm AR build as you should already have a pistol on you.

1 mag in at all times, cruiser safe, three mags backup. Sling

Never leave a gun in a car, always take it with you. So backpack is a good idea, or lock into your car/truck somehow.

Med kit is a must

There's a lot more.

I could write a book

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    It’s by barrel length so he is correct. SBR’s are GTG in a vehicle in PA. With a carry permit.
    Didn’t say he was incorrect or mean to imply it. Just said the differentiation was strange

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I should have specified that in PA a license to carry firearms is required to have anything loaded in your car. In PA, by definition an SBR is not a rifle, but is considered a "firearm.". Firearms can be loaded in a vehicle in PA. Rifles can not.
    Thanks for the info. Gun laws are so vastly different from state to state it’s enough to make a person crazy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    All depends on what your particular situation requires and needs.

The short answer:

Rural/suburban - 556/762 pistol with a folding pistol brace
    Urban - 556/300 pistol with a folding brace

No need for a 9mm AR build as you should already have a pistol on you.

1 mag in at all times, cruiser safe, three mags backup. Sling

Never leave a gun in a car, always take it with you. So backpack is a good idea, or lock into your car/truck somehow.

Med kit is a must

There's a lot more.

I could write a book
    That sounds very interesting. A couple of thoughts in reaction to your post:

I have pretty good handle on 5.56 SBR, so that said I would think going as short as possible would be a good idea. Should this truck gun concept come to fruition 77 grain is the stuff. By .30 cal would you say .300 BLK or something else?

I've never really had to get in and out of a car with a long gun so I am assuming shorter=better which would mean a .300 BLK with a 9" barrel with some 110grains would not be something to stand in front of at any appreciable distance. I would like to think suppressed would be good but the added length getting in and out of a car might be a disadvantage.

I really like the idea of the side folder for this application. In an AR platform I am not that familiar with how this would be accomplished. A small backpack size package would be absolutely ideal for a whole host of reasons (IE transporting the weapon from home to car or whatnot) and if the need arises to not carry it or whatever it can easily be fit in a small lock box inside the car/truck.

I had a truck before with a console vault in it and I loved having that. Unless someone took an angle grinder with them there was no way they were getting in. It was perfect for days at the beach, stashing a wallet, woman's purse, or in some cases even a firearm, laptop, ipad, etc. For straight up civilian purposes the next car I get will have another one of those in it if at all possible.

Having an under the seat or some kind of discreet lock box that can fit a small back pack with a side folder would be great. Not sure if I should go for iron sights or try to work in a RDS.

As far as the med kit I love that idea without a doubt. Before I invest in a kit though I would enroll in classes that tell how to treat several different kinds of medical needs. I mean there might be a fishing accident where somebody gets cut by accident all the way up to maybe basic bigger trauma treatment of a gunshot wound...and then build a kit to those needs.

I didn't really say it in the OP but the concept would be for an EDC but also to have a bug out kit or bug out car so to speak. A still remember being stuck for 14 hours straight in a major evacuation because of a natural disaster. Even cel phones were not working in Houston during that evacuation so HAM radio was awesome. I already have the license and equipment for that, which also goes back to the lock box where I can wire up or stash the most valuable stuff on a day to day basis when I go shopping or whatever.

I am going to get another car/truck hopefully over the next year or so, but I want to be choosy about what that will be and can hold all my stuff with the least amount of hassle and most amount of access and security.

Honestly if I don't really carry a shotgun that's ok, but that's kind of why I posted the concept--to get ideas from people who really might know a lot more than I do about the utility of things.

Another thing I would like to figure out a hack for is to have a way to securely transport say two 5 gallon gas cans. I am thinking of having a little removable frame where I could put it in the trunk or bed of the vehicle. Again during hurricanes gas is one of the first things to go. If you are stuck on empty you are SOL until after things return to normal.

In the end the real question is yes about specific firearms and vehicle carry but also for the emergency preparedness/bug out car. From a firearms angle though I would like to research what works best because then I could make successive decisions from there.

Hell, even going say camping or something like that, It would be pretty damn nice to have firearms but also lock boxes built into the car so people can't just smash and grab.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 2 January 2019 at 20:20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not recommend carrying an SBR. I would recommend carrying a pistol ar. Specifically because if you shoot someone with an SBR the atf will 100% be notified if you shoot someone with a pistol ar the atf will likely never hear about it.

556 ammo of choice should be 77gr otm. It's the best.
    .300 ammo of choice for non-suppressed is Barnes vortx or tactx, they are sorta the same thing.

Law tactical folding adapter on your ar for folding it.

556 min DI barrel length is 10.3 piston is 7.75" (pws Diablo)
    .300 you can go down to 7" DI barrel as that's what it's designed for, and function reliability.

Wml is a must, laser is optional but a good idea.

Zero should be in the 50m range, as that's going to be your engagement distance

RDS is fine, 1-4x would be better for this type of setup.

Buis is a must

Sling that's permanently attached to the gun is a must.

Loadout is 1 in the gun 3 extra mags in the bag.

Medical kit is a must, you should already have a TQ on your person at all times, if you don't rectify it.

Don't leave guns in cars, car are moveable and if your gun is locked in your car and your car is stolen your gun is stolen as well, depending on the state that might be an issue.

For those who are on the fence or considering the viability of something like this my suggestion is to figure out what exactly your goal is. For me it's a "get home" and "anti-MACTAC" kit. Both can be solved with one setup. So worst case scenario, it's Ferguson style situation at where you work, you get stuck without your car or your car is firebombed by a mob going around and killing people. What do you need to get home? Same concept for mactac- you are directly in the middle of Mumbai and you see the van open and dudes jump out with AK's heading for a hotel or whatever. What do you need to stop it.

The rest you can find online, car/truck/prepper forums

Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you think about this? Are there any NFA type OAL issues there?

With the collapsible stock and a 14.5 barrel with pinned and welded muzzle device would it be a wonky and still too long (or not meet up to some NFA OAL rule)? Or would it be better to go with the telescoping brace and say a 9" 300BLK or a 10.5 5.56? But also just to be clear if I use the brace I could not put a VFG but I could use an AFG if I chose to do so?

Here is the link to their website so you can see the stock vs brace thing.

https://deadfootarms.com/ar15-foldin...-adaptor-kits/

I am really liking this idea for a truck gun. With a sling that would be awesome.

Edit:

Found this information on another page;

"System length folded: 16" barrel (26.25)", 14.3" barrel (24.6"), 10" barrel (20.25"), 7" barrel (17.25"). "
    Last edited by alamo5000; 4 January 2019 at 00:00.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn’t know Pyzik got a new job?

Name:  57E528E4-8DF9-4644-9FD4-5CF115FF0F6C.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  355.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I didn’t know Pyzik got a new job?

Name:  57E528E4-8DF9-4644-9FD4-5CF115FF0F6C.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  355.5 KB
    It took me way to long to figure out what you were referring too.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    It took me way to long to figure out what you were referring too.
    I still am too slow to catch on. What's the punchline?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...Get a law tactical folder, they are vetted and better. AR pistol is good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I still am too slow to catch on. What's the punchline?
    Look at the castle nut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dang...

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!