Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at the pics above with the LaRue rail...I'm assuming that this would work on a 16" Colt rifle using a 7" LaRue rail system...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Todd, I was wondering if you could take a second to address the carrier Tilt issue. Is there such a thing as carrier tilt with Piston uppers? If so, does the PWS have any carrier tilt issues?

Also, my concern with a piston conversion is the accuracy issue. Is there any way you can take a regular DI upper and test it with a certain ammo at 100 yards with a decent scope and then convert it with your PWS Sysyem and test it again with the same ammo?

I know that the Piston systems are designed for combat type purposes, so minute of bad guy is good enough for most people, but I'd like to see the whole accuracy issue put to rest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eringobragh View Post
    Looking at the pics above with the LaRue rail...I'm assuming that this would work on a 16" Colt rifle using a 7" LaRue rail system...

Correct - the 7" LaRue will work on the carbine length or the 9" will work on the mid length.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    Todd, I was wondering if you could take a second to address the carrier Tilt issue. Is there such a thing as carrier tilt with Piston uppers? If so, does the PWS have any carrier tilt issues?

Also, my concern with a piston conversion is the accuracy issue. Is there any way you can take a regular DI upper and test it with a certain ammo at 100 yards with a decent scope and then convert it with your PWS Sysyem and test it again with the same ammo?

I know that the Piston systems are designed for combat type purposes, so minute of bad guy is good enough for most people, but I'd like to see the whole accuracy issue put to rest.

Hey Paulo,

I think any piston system will have "some" carrier tilt - though the setup of our system certainly compensates for it by not hitting directly over the carrier but rather forward on the system by the gas block. (does that make sense).

Thus far I haven't seen any issue regarding the carrier tilt that was any more than simply surface discoloration.

Because our system uses a mothered op rod and small piston, it is a very smooth shooting system. Because of this, we have not seen any negative effects on accuracy. I'm a bit late replying to this question, as I have 3 people that have in theory shot for a group prior to sending their system in and will shoot for a group when they get it back - but thus far none of them have reported their findings.

I do know that my personal 18" SPR (rifle length WOA barrel) still shoots 3/4" at 100 meters - which seems very good to me.

Todd