Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Primary Weapon Systems

Primary Weapon Systems is coming out with a Piston Kit. The official release date is targeted for December of 2007. A full Review will be performed in the up coming weeks / months. For now, here are some teaser pics and a video.

FEATURES:
    *Dual Diameter Piston For Better Alignment and Less Wear
    *QD disassembly for cleaning
    *Operating Rod attached to carrier to minimize carrier defection and receiver wear.
    *3 setting adjustable gas system with gas shut off for “Bolt Gun” suppressed firing
    *All machined and heat treated parts, nothing welded or cast
    *No machined modification to carrier or upper receiver

MSRP: $399

More Pictures to Follow and Comments Welcome!

Downloads
    Uploads

Piston system

I look forward to the review. I take it carbine configuration will be first .Providing that this thing works, N4 upper with PWC piston kit,DNTC FSC. Hmmmmm.........? Did you hear anything of a beyo lug version ?
    Last edited by Mike91A; 28 September 2007 at 17:26. Reason: Add content

Downloads
    Uploads
    No reports about a Bayo version. I know other lengths will be available including mid length & rifle length in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    John is correct on both counts. The system will be available in carbine, mid and rifle length systems. We are very excited about the ability to use this system on the rifle length as well as the mid length systems.

As our plans stand at this point, there will be no bayonet version. That being said, if people who "need" bayonets want a bayonet version, it is certainly something we can look into. However, when I say "need" - I mean, if you can stab someone through the gut with a bayonet and not go to jail... you "need" a bayonet.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting. Can't wait to get mine!

Robb
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don"t realy need a bayo lug. Just like to iritate the libs .

Downloads
    Uploads
    What do these systems weigh in at?

Being able to work with a DD Lite rail is a massive plus. I'm seeing lots of friendly features not utilized by other piston systems, and they have excellent pricing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Not that there's anything wrong with a DD Lite rail but what all rails and lengths can be used with your piston system. Also, what if the upper has a 14.5" barrel w/ perm-attached Phantom?

TIA,

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have seen the prototype models so I can't give you a definitive answer yet. When we do the full review of the piston, we'll be better able to answer this question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The system will add approximately 4 ounces of weight to your rifle. The gas block is the heaviest piece at nearly 5 ounces, but the gas block and tube that you take off will obvoiusly subtract from the overall weight.

The rails we know the system will work with are the DD Lite Rail (LOVE IT!), the new Omega Rail from DD, the VLTOR CASV rail (a modified version that VLTOR is making for us) and the LaRue rail. We will have all of those rails as options for purchase during the retro-fit of your rifle.

Below are some pictures that might shed light on the function of the system along with an excerpt from our site:

Function

When the rifle is fired, the developing gases expand inside of the gas block much like a traditional DI system. The expanding gases push against our short stroke piston which exerts pressure on the operating rod and thus gives momentum to the bolt carrier. Once the piston itself has traveled 3/4", it expels any unused gas from a small vent in the bottom of the piston tube. As the cycle of the action is already in progress, the piston moves to the back of its chamber awaiting the return of the operating rod to push it back into battery.

System Features
    • Available for Carbine, Mid and Rifle lengh systems
    • A dual diameter piston for better alignment and less wear
    • Carrier key and anti-sheer pin machined from S7 tool steel
    • A fully mothered operating rod to inhibit flexing or bending
    • QD disassembly for cleaning
    • The operating rod is attached to the carrier to minimize carrier deflection and receiver wear.
    • Adjustable gas system for firing unsuppressed and suppressed
    • All parts are CNC machined and heat treated; no welded or cast parts are used
    • Lifetime Guarantee

The installation of the system will be done within a 2 week period after the customer's upper is received.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

clasky Guest
    This looks very interesting. I just got my first piston upper (LWRC) and I think I'm hooked. I have been playing with the idea of retrofitting my other ARs...

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is exactly what promted us to start working on this project just over a year and a half ago. The pistons are cool and we have a couple LWRCs ourselves. However, we wanted a piston for the 5 ARs that we already owned... thus the PWS piston system was born.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a video of us testing the system in muddy water.

A few things to know about this video -
    • It was taken last year at this time - we've been working on this system for about a year and a half.
    • We could not get a second mag out of it AFTER a second dunk because the chamber had filled with too much crap and the gun wouldn't go into battery.
    • That barrel was ruined. It now key-holes at 25 yards.
    • Yes - the cyclic rate is slower on the "dirty" round - the gun was full of crap - but it ran... that is kind of the point. It also did not blow water and crap into our faces.
    • Don't try this at home!

Enjoy -

Mud Test Video

Todd

(the container is an ordnance container - we have two of them - we bought them at D&B Supply in Meridian last year - they don't have any more.) (everyone always asks...)

czgunner Guest
    Tag

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a POF that I love, but I want a system what will accomodate a regular size rail. I also want something from a company with no "history"* that makes me doubt the weapon/system or its reliabilty. The test video is nice. Have you tested various buffer weights with your system. I like to run a 9mm or H3 in mine.

TS

"history"* does not refer to POF