Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We spoke with LMT while at the SAR show in Vegas and it does not look like the LMT rail will work with our system -which is unfortunate, as that is a beautiful system.

I'll talk to them again when we are at the SAR Show next week and we'll see if our latest version (final version) has any better chance of fitting under that rail.

Todd

Darkmeat Guest

Thumbs up

I must say that I want one. It'd be nice if it came without rails on it as an option as well(as I'm not big on rails or the things that go on them, but I see their use)

Downloads
    Uploads
    A Modified M4 hand guard is certainly an option. I don't think I'll have any pictures of one before we leave for the SAR show - but I will have them shortly after we get back.

The top handguard has to be opened on the end slightly to allow the piston tube to go through, but overall it looks like a standard M4 with our gas block.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Darkmeat Guest
    Thanks for explaining that.

And for the price that this is, it's a better deal than a regular upper for what one gets.

Once I start building my AR, I think I'll go with this.

Poppa Kap Guest
    It is now 7-DEC... Any production word?

PK

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are available for purchase on our website - they have been since the 1st.

We haven't made any big announcements, as we were a little behind on production and wanted to get the demos and such out to people such as John... you know how he gets when you make him wait.

Once you order one and send in your upper, we are looking at about a 3 week turn around once your upper is lands in the shop.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Todd,

If you were sent a billet upper receiver (either LaRue Stealth or Vltor) and a 14.5" barrel, would you be able to build a complete upper using just the listed supplied parts, and have the upper built up with the DD 9.5 FSP Lite rail & your carbine length piston system?

Would it be possible to have your shop permanently attach one of your FSC556's to the 14.5" barrel as well???

If this combo is possible, could you please email or PM me a price estimate on this???

Stay safe,
    Nick
    ndrak@comcast.net

Downloads
    Uploads
    We offer the piston system and the DD 9.5 rail as a combo on the website -

www.primaryweapons.com

We would also need the bolt and bolt carrier along with your upper receiver, but other than that, yes, we could put that system together for you.

When we FINALLY get John his setup so he can install these systems, you will be able to purchase new parts from him as well and have the uppers assembled with our piston system.

We can also attach the comp on the 14.5" barrel.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    What would be nice to see is a piston that is not proprietary. It seems like LWRC, Aeres, and the PWS are all proprietary systems that require their own handguards and/or bolts. The only system I've seen that will fit under any handguard and attach to any bolt is the osprey system, which it seems is only currently available to Mil/LEO. I've been looking at making a piston sidecharger with a troy low-profile gasblock and a Vltor upper.

This system looks cool, but how versitile is it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our system replaces your gas block, gas tube and carrier key. That is all - everything else on your gun stays the same.

It is not OUR hand guards that we use - they are from other manufacturers that happen to have enough room to clear our system.

Ours is far from a proprietary system....

Just my thoughts.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have made a few changes based on customer and industry feedback. Below are a few images of the new system. The system show is a midlength system on a 14.5" barrel.

The gas block is now a set screw mount instead of a taper pin.
    (While many may feel that this will not hold, we can assure that that the 1/4” set screws we are using that sink in as deep as taper pins (approx. 100 thousandths of an inch) hold the gas block on just as well and actually create a tighter seal resulting in better overall function.)

The gas tube is now one piece and is removable for easier cleaning of the system.

The gas adjustment knob now uses a cam lever instead of pushing down on it. This results in a beefier knob making it easier to get the tube out when the system is hot or dirty.

The gas tube, piston, lug pin and adjustment knob become one unit prior to installation.

The gas tube assembly is simply inserted into the end of the gas block allowing the lugs to move into the interior channels of the gas block.

The gas knob adjustment lever is then moved into the appropriate slot (suppressed or unsuppressed) and you are ready to go.

One thing that is not shown in these pictures, as our production tubes are not back yet. We are chroming both the inside of the gas tube as well as the exterior of the gas tube where it is sits in the gas block.
    I will post pictures as soon as we get the new tubes back and have a chance to shoot some more pictures.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    So those this mean, no modification to the BCG is necessary?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only modification to the BCG is that we replace the carrier key - but we don't cut it or anything strange like that - never did.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Todd, it looks very nice. Please keep the Rifle Length system. I'm still undecided on getting one for my 20" 6.8SPC, especially if the Troy rails won't work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, +1 on the key issue. Only thing I'm not sold on is the handguards. I still would like something that fits under different handguards.