Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "the key issue?"

The gas block will fit under the Predator Rail...

Or - as I prefer - it fits inside of the DD 9.5FSP and 12.0FSPM rails.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are some more pictures of the system as well as installation on rails other than Daniel Defense. (though I don't know why you would want that.)

First - the piston system parts - apart...

and then together.

The system with a LaRue Rail (this lets you see the bottom of the gas block)

and finally with the VIS.

As you can see with any standard height (receiver height) rails, the gas block rails is flush in line with those rails giving you a continuous rail for co-witnessing optics, etc.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool pics and explanation Todd.
    Good meeting you and picking our brain at SHOT too!
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

NightFighter Guest

Noveske Handguards

Will the PWS fit under the handguards of the Noveske rifles? I know I could have the PWS installed on the N4 Basic without any problems, but I am looking at the Noveske Recon and would love to have the PWS installed on that rifle. Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The system will fit under the VLTOR VIS - so anything that uses the VIS will work - as long as the handguard does not cover where the gas block would go.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

OK, you got me more than sold. Coming from the land of the FAL and FNC I'm genetically drawn to "pistondriven" rifles. That and the fact that I've hauled one around on regular intervals for the past 15 years
    That being said, how can us Eurotrash have their AR-15s retrofitted with your system.
    Sending it over to you for a retrofit would theoretically be the easiest way to go. But it will be a PITA w.r.t. the paperwork, import-, export- and all other documents needed resulting in probably having to miss my carbine + 6 monhts at the best.
    Any change of obtaining just the set with forend and having it installed by a competent gunsmith overhere? (fortunate for me, there's one almost on my doorstep)

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are currently working with an exporter as well as an importer in Germany. ITAR regulations are pretty sticky about sending parts over, so shipping it here for a retro-fit would not be very feasable.

What country are you in?

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lil ole Belgium, home of such fine firearms as the FN HP, FAL, FNC, Minimi (M249), MAG (M240) etc etc to name just a few.
    But most people know us for our fine chocolate and excellent beer
    As a matter of fact do I live about 1 Hrs drive from the German border.
    The good thing about (hopefully) importing your gassystem into Belgium is that it is in no way subject to any license overhere. Barrels, bolts & their carriers and lower receivers are the licensed items, all other AR parts are free to purchase / possess.
    For ease of handling & cutting back on costs, I prefer ordering straight from the manufacturer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes - Norway is the same - if not more firearms friendly. Unfortunately, the state department doesn't care how friendly the country is that we are shipping to - they are only concerned with export regulations. As I would prefer to keep my business up and running and myself out of jail - I'll stick with the proper import export channels.

Todd
    Last edited by Todd; 28 February 2008 at 08:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Todd, talk to me about running this system on a 10.5 inch barrel/carbine gas.

I have an LMT 10.5 upper that i will also be running suppressed. As a left handed shooter, running a piston with my suppressor is making more and more sense every day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't take this as me trying to chase you away - but the LMT handguard won't work with our system. I wish it would - but it doesn't.

Other than that - the system works great with a suppressor - even for the left handed shooters. A couple of the local LE guys around here are leftys and they say there is a huge difference before and after.

Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can answer.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Don't take this as me trying to chase you away - but the LMT handguard won't work with our system. I wish it would - but it doesn't.

Other than that - the system works great with a suppressor - even for the left handed shooters. A couple of the local LE guys around here are leftys and they say there is a huge difference before and after.

Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can answer.

Todd
    not an LMT tube.
    standard lmt 10.5 upper with LT 7
    Now stop trying to chase me away

but the question still stands. issues with 10.5's??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect - the LT7 works great - and no - there are no issues with the 10.5" barrel.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, email sent.

thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK TODD JEEZE!!!

you talked me into it

my new baby is on the way for a spa treatment.
    be nice to her. her name is cindy, and she is a bad girl.