Downloads
    Uploads

Finally: My 11.5" SBR

So I finally got all my parts together and was able to build my 11.5" SBR. I am still waiting for my Form 1 for my lower, so in these pics I have it attached to another SBR lower that I already have a tax stamp for. So the final specs...

Upper:
    - Midwest Industries Stripped upper
    - Midwest Industries 10.5" combat rail
    - Midwest Industries branded 11.5" CL Criterion barrel with MI LPGB pinned by ADCO
    - Midwest Industries BCG
    - Radian Raptor CH
    - SiCo Saker MAAD mount

Lower (not the lower pictured with the gun since the stamp hasn't come back for that lower yet):
    - Lanco Tactical Stripped lower
    - PSA H2 Buffer tube kit (7075)
    - Lanco Tactical QD end plate
    - Stirke Industries lightweight takedown pins
    - JMT drop in trigger (flat trigger)
    - Magpul CTR stock
    - Magpul K2 grip

Optics:
    - Riton Mod 7 1-5x
    - Riton QD scope mount

Downloads
    Uploads
    My lower that doesn't have the stamp yet. I just want to note for legal purposes that the lower and upper are kept separately and I have a pistol lower as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice build.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what do you think of the Riton?

Checked them out at TRIGGRCON, thought they were big and heavy for what they were. Super affordable though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Initial thoughts on the Riton.

First of all this is a Mod 7 1-5x scope which is their top tier line of scopes. The company claims that Japanese glass is used in all of their scopes, even the entry level scopes that are assembled in China. This model arrived nicely packaged and it was marked as made in Japan. The glass on the scope is excellent for the price point (though I have never owned a true high end scope). MSRP of this scope is $679 but have seen the street price on optics planet around $500. If you would compare the glass to Vortex, the glass is much better than the gen 1 Viper 1-4x. The glass is very comparable to the Viper gen 2 1-6x, with the slight edge going to the Riton IMO.

It is well built, but on the heavier side as UW mentioned but really is right around the weight of its closest competitors. If you dig into the details, Riton explains that they design the aluminum on their tubes to be 30% thicker than other scopes to aid in durability. They are sacrificing wt for durability it seems. Wt is listed as 21 oz. The vortex 1-4 is 16 oz and the gen 2 1-6 is almost 23 oz.

The reticle is kind of a hybrid between the gen 1 and gen 2 Vortex viper LPVO scopes. It has a horseshoe dot and then a BDC. It is very usable, however, it is a bit busy. It is illuminated but I haven't taken it out in the bright sun yet.

The turrets are capped and have tactile clicks with that are nice. The illumination dial is a bit squishy though. It does not have an "off" position between lume levels, and I wish it did. One gripe that I do have is that the magnification ring is pretty stiff. It takes some muscle to really move through the magnification levels. With a throw lever its not a problem, but slightly irritating.

It is a good looking scope and feels well made besides the squishy lume dial and stiff mag adjustment. Overall it is a really nice scope, however, I do feel that the fit and overall finish of my Viper 1-6x is better.

I don't think I would buy this scope at MSRP, but the street price of $500 is a solid deal. I got mine second hand, but in new condition from another member on the Sniper Hide forum for a price of $350. At that price, this scope is a steal. You won't find a quality of glass on any scope for that price.

Overall, its nice. If you find a good deal on one, go for it.