Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Show your 10 shot groups

Starting a thread to show your groups. As mentioned elsewhere, a 10 shot group better reveals the capability of your rifle, ammo, and skill set than small groups. We all have room for improvement. Too many internet commandos fake their results and otherwise set unrealistic expectations. Let this thread be a place for feedback and support in precision with your AR.

I’ll start.

Worked on some recipes today with 8208XBR and 77gr SMK. Best group at 100yds was IMR max load. Strangely, none of these fully cycled the round. Maybe because it was 25*. I saw zero signs of pressure and will work up from here.

Made 10 rounds of 4 loads (some didn’t seat well so I chose not to fire them).

Rifle: WEVO tribute rifle. Mega with proof barrel.

Here are the results. Squares are 1”.

Downloads
    Uploads
    75gr Gold Dot. Used a suppressed 16.1" DDM4 gov profile barrel factory rifle from DD. I was using a 4x Nightforce, shot it with the rail rested on a sand bag. Oh hell, here's a video:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!

Fledge - nice rifle..whatever load is in the bottom right corner , it likes.

Jgifford- That’s a nice little range to have to shoot at..and all alone..sweet..nothing but pits around here..lol..

I’m gonna have to get in on this..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice!

Fledge - nice rifle..whatever load is in the bottom right corner , it likes.

Jgifford- That’s a nice little range to have to shoot at..and all alone..sweet..nothing but pits around here..lol..

I’m gonna have to get in on this..
    That's the local WMA range. I no-longer go there, as I have my own range at the house, now. Pictured below is 30m, and 85m. It goes back about 125m, and I have since the photo was taken had all of the trees trimmed to above head-level so as not to obstruct the targets. This is part of what I've been busy with and hence my absence. I worked quite a bit to snag the downpayment to add this 7 acres of waterfront property to my estate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    JG, beautiful range! How about some waterfront pics. :)

Mustang, the bottom left is max charge in the book. I’ll be adding some more to see if it improves even better. Strangely, I can’t get the rifle to cycle with this. It cycled fine with similar forums in TAC. Similar outside temperatures too. Maybe a faster charge will improve that too. Or a lighter buffer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    JG, beautiful range! How about some waterfront pics. :)

Mustang, the bottom left is max charge in the book. I’ll be adding some more to see if it improves even better. Strangely, I can’t get the rifle to cycle with this. It cycled fine with similar forums in TAC. Similar outside temperatures too. Maybe a faster charge will improve that too. Or a lighter buffer.
    Thank-you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Max load , and your adding more..work slow.

Also when it warms up it’s gonna show you different , as you know. I never ended up towards max as I usually hit a node low and higher in the powder range. But since I was just plinking paper and targets I usually settled on the lower charge ,where it worked a 100% and ran the gun flawless Only time I’ve been towards max and settled there for some lots. Was 77grs and Tac.

But I never have really had the time or range to sit down at, I’m always up in the hills somewhere...lol..there just isn’t crap for ranges out here , one within an hour and it sux at best..old and rundown..blah blah..anyways..

My favorite 2 powders were Tac and AA2230. Stellar results with the aa..It was just hard to find years ago..So always back and forth with Tac and H335 which is also a good ball powder I had decent results with..

Former11B - is that -0 shots there? If so that’s some good shooting, Barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fledge I know people love 8208 but I can’t get the results from it. Even at near max-max loads, there is a significantly dampened amount of recoil and the brass just falls out of the chamber it feels like compared to other powders (CFE, RE15, Varget, etc). The only decent groups I’ve gotten are much slower than my standard go to loads

Downloads
    Uploads

Show your 10 shot groups

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Fledge I know people love 8208 but I can’t get the results from it. Even at near max-max loads, there is a significantly dampened amount of recoil and the brass just falls out of the chamber it feels like compared to other powders (CFE, RE15, Varget, etc). The only decent groups I’ve gotten are much slower than my standard go to loads
    That’s helpful!! That’s my experience yesterday. At least it was grouping decent. I’ll up the grains and see what’s next. I plan to try RE15 next.

JG, beautiful. Are there fish in those waters?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s helpful!! That’s my experience yesterday. At least it was grouping decent. I’ll up the grains and see what’s next. I plan to try RE15 next.

JG, beautiful. Are there fish in those waters?
    Small mouth and brown bass, among others I believe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  3E21C9E9-BE72-4A73-BC3A-DC3EDC2CFC7F.jpeg
Views: 667
Size:  51.4 KB

Pulled one

Downloads
    Uploads

Pulled one
    That's still some great shooting right there!

Downloads
    Uploads

Pulled one
    Very nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Former, crazy good.

What barrel and optic?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I might have to play hooky from work and get to the range just to post here. Haha.

I was refraining from making a comment until I hit the range.

Nice shooting guys. Also, I was thinking the same with that little river. Looks like you could wade for miles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/