Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

The pics above didn’t come through for me either.

That's strange because I hosted the pics on this site and they're showing up on my desk-top computer right now. Anyhoo, I rehosted the pics at a different location. Let me know if they're still not showing up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    That's strange because I hosted the pics on this site and they're showing up on my desk-top computer right now. Anyhoo, I rehosted the pics at a different location. Let me know if they're still not showing up.
    I can’t see them

But I know the 52gr “AeroE” load was a winner for me! (Page 1 shows my last photo of it)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still nothing

What are u using to host the pics?

Downloads
    Uploads

Bravo Company 14.5" ELW Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Still nothing

What are u using to host the pics?
    That time I used Google Photos. Let's try this with yet another host site . . .

The 10-shot group pictured below was fired off the bench from my Bravo Company 14.5" ELW at a distance of 100 yards using hand-loads topped with the Sierra 52 grain MatchKing. The group has an extreme spread of 0.946".

Last edited by Molon; 16 June 2020 at 15:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s pretty good with the red dot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was gonna say the same thing. At 100 yds isn't it pretty much cover the bull and guess? Just asking, not being critical. I read on here from somebody that 4 moa is chest width at 100 yds.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

That group was not fired using a red dot sight. It was fired "off the bench"; meaning, from my bench-rest set-up using a Leupold VAR-X III for sighting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    At 100 yds isn't it pretty much cover the bull and guess?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I read on here from somebody that 4 moa is chest width at 100 yds.
    4 MOA at 100 yards is 4.19 inches.

Precision Shooting With an Aimpoint: Range Report

First and foremost, the Aimpoint red dot sight is a combat sight. Its primary purpose is for use in situations that require “reflexive shooting” at multiple targets, at close ranges. The Aimpoint excels in this type of shooting because it easily allows you to shoot with both eyes open and to focus on the target while shooting. All of my self-defense AR-15s have Aimpoints mounted on them. However, should the need arise (for example, making a head-shot on an aggressor at 100 yards who has most of his body behind hard cover) the Aimpoint sight is certainly up to the task of making precision shots.

There are those who claim that when using an Aimpoint sight with a four minute of angle dot, that it is not possible to shoot groups that are smaller than four minutes of angle in extreme spread. One such person has gone so far as to claim that groups shot from 100 yards using an Aimpoint with a 4 MOA dot will be “greater than 4 inches. Usually much greater.” As we shall soon see, such statements are completely false.

To determine the level of precision obtainable when using an Aimpoint sight with a 4 MOA dot, I mounted an Aimpoint ML2 with a 4 MOA dot on one of my Krieger barreled AR-15s. This AR-15 is easily capable of producing consistent sub-MOA 10-shot groups at 100 yards when using a high magnification scope. Shooting with the Aimpoint sight was done from a bench-rest at a distance of 100 yards using NRA 200 yard High Power type targets that I scaled-down for 100 yards. (The aiming black is approximately the same width as a human head.) Sighting was done using the whole dot centered on the bullseye. Three 10-shot groups were fired in a row for evaluation.

Zeroing the Aimpoint sight at 100 yards was conducted during a down-pour with 20-25 mph winds. The first two 10-shot groups were also fired under these conditions. The first 10-shot group had an extreme spread of 1.41”.

With another couple clicks of windage and elevation adjustment, the second 10-shot group had all shots going into the X-ring. The extreme spread for this group was 1.19”.

Just as quickly as the down-pour had started, the rain stopped, the winds died down and the sun began shining again. I posted a new and dry target on the 100 yard backer and continued shooting. The third 10-shot group had an extreme spread of 1.14”. The average extreme spread for all three of the 10-shot groups was 1.25”.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info as always molon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic shooting. I can’t see a target well enough at 100yds to make groups that tight no matter the size of the dot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about a 100 round group?
    Name:  IMG9577621.png
Views: 264
Size:  805.2 KB

*I did not do this. A friend did.
    **Hodge Defense barrel, mk262 ammunition

Downloads
    Uploads
    Savage 110 Elite Precision, 6mm Creedmoor
    108 gr Berger Boat Tail Target, Alpha new brass, 2.260 CBTO (~2.8 COL), 40.6gr of H4350, BR#4

That load gave me about 3,130 fps, temp was 64F. I think I'm about 400 rounds into the barrel and that load has picked up around 100 FPS as the barrel has broken in. I'm going to try backing down the load a bit to get it under 3,000 fps in hopes of extending the barrel life.

Swapped out the model of my Vortex Razor 3-18x50 from EBR-2C (MOA) to EBR-7C (MIL) so if I ever make it to a PRS shoot I won't be "that guy" talking MOA. Christmas tree reticles make zeroing a breeze since you can reed your adjustments directly off the reticle.

3-shot group at 100 yards to confirm zero (sub .5 MOA):

10-shot group at 100 yards with MagnetoSpeed to get velocity data, hence POI shift (a little under 1.5 MOA total, or sub 1 MOA if you toss the flier, about .7 on the vertical stringing):

4-shots at 350 yards (2.5 inches, so a little better than 3/4 MOA - I broke my position between shots and I may have put a bit of cant in there) :

Nothing super impressive for a competition shooter, but for a factory gun I'm happy with it's accuracy. If I can fix it's ejection issues (it tends to leave the spent case sitting on top of the next round in the mag but facing backwards) then I'll be comfortable taking it to a match.

Downloads
    Uploads

Show your 10 shot groups

.308 168 gr TAP ELD Match

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ tact- Bolt or AR style rifle? Also, what distance? TIA
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bolt, 100y, 4 of them are with elevated HR under a generous time constraint as part of a qual.