Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Attachment 6180

Pulled one
    Very nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unimpressive but it's a starting point. Using factory manufactured Federal 75gr .224 Valkyrie rounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty disappointing day. Haha. I know it's mostly me and not the rifle.

This rifle obviously hates the Winchester. My other rifle shot it fine. All the Fiocchi 55gr shot good for being 55gr.

Wasn't happy with my 75gr Hornady groups.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya it definitely didn’t like the Win. soft points...lol

Try out some 69gr’ers.. every “match” barrel and decent that I had all loved them, almost better then 77’s..

I’ll get in on this, just need to find some time to hit the one range around here, about an hour away... Haven’t really sat down and shot/grouped some ammo thru the battlekitty..really only sighted it in, up in the hills.. Not the best barrel, but the BA 223 wlyde barrel showed a decent sign of maybe being a decent shooter..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I scrapped the 8208 XBR after feedback here and tried RL15. 24.1gr. CCI #41. Testing different bullets.

20 round groups. All 2.6 COAL. 25* temps. 7500 elevation.

Top left: 77gr SMK
    Top right: 77r Nosler
    Bottom left: 75gr Hornady

Question for the veterans: I notice my bullet seater puts a ring halfway down the bullet. Dillon die. What can I do to prevent this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Question for the veterans: I notice my bullet seater puts a ring halfway down the bullet. Dillon die. What can I do to prevent this?
    Is it more than just grime that can be wiped off? I'd expect it to just be a dirty die.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Is it more than just grime that can be wiped off? I'd expect it to just be a dirty die.
    I’ll check that out! It was much more pronounced on the Nosler than the Sierra.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably just the die and different bullet profile leaving its mark..shouldn’t do much of anything if it’s just a light mark.

Have you tried any with a hair shorter OAL? I seemed to have my best luck around 2.245

That Hornady group is pretty good

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did find rings of brass shavings in the die. Hope that’s the problem. I’d like the bullet to stay as perfect as possible.

I’ll try that case length, mustang. I’m also going to try these recipes in a SMOS barrel. My SMOS has always been more consistent than my Proof with factory ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also grabbed the new Ballistic-X app. Looks promising. Launch price is only $5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also grabbed the new Ballistic-X app. Looks promising. Launch price is only $5.

I'd had a similar app that wasn't great. Will try this one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are several different kinds and brands of seating stems. Sometimes the stems need to be modified when loading up extra long ultra high BC bullets.

If the little ring bothers you I would get a few seating stems. They are generally not expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I scrapped the 8208 XBR after feedback here and tried RL15. 24.1gr. CCI #41. Testing different bullets.

20 round groups. All 2.6 COAL. 25* temps. 7500 elevation.

Top left: 77gr SMK
    Top right: 77r Nosler
    Bottom left: 75gr Hornady

2.260” OAL? 2.6” is long

As far as the ring on the bullets, the seater plug is doing that. You can clean the plug then polish the inside of the stem where it contacts the bullet. More here:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ks-on-bullets/

RCBS will make you a few custom stems if you send them the bullets you use they’ll send back custom stems shaped for your bullets

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    RCBS will make you a few custom stems if you send them the bullets you use they’ll send back custom stems shaped for your bullets
    Yep. A few companies do it. If I ever win the power ball and can start loading ultra high BC all copper bullets all the time I would have a few extra seating stems around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my first range day of the year. MDT's Black Friday sale allowed my best group ever for my Savage 12. What a difference a chassis makes. Also, my rifle like lighter bullets. I never had instability with 69 grain Nosler CC, but they never grouped well. This 10 shot group is better than any 5 shot group I've ever recorded, plus I just picked a load out of my guide, no workup.

Also did pretty good with my Stag and TA33 at 100 from a benchrest.