Downloads
    Uploads

Help me pick a 1-4 x 24 scope.

Just thought I would get some more advice on this, as I really need to make a decision.
    I've been thinking of the following;
    1. Trijicon Accupower with MOA reticle
    2. Vortex Viper PST with MOA and capped turrets
    3. Steiner P4Xi
    4. Burris MTAC Combo with Ballistic AR reticle https://tacticsfaq.com/vortex-strike...s-burris-mtac/ (scope, mount, and Fastfire for the price of one of the above options)
    Tough decision, as I've never spent that much for a scope, and all of them have things I like or dislike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s a hard one. Are you just looking for best deal or certain reticle ?

Some good scopes listed above, best advice I got is go somewhere, if you can and take a look thru them..

I have a old gen 1-4 pst that has been good to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used it, but I hear so much good about the P4Xi.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered the Leupold Mark AR MOD 1? It's only 20mm and has 1/10th Mil instead of MOA, but I've found quality and price acceptable.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...ustments-matte
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had all 4 of yours listed. An older version of the MTAC. Currently have the Accupower, Steiner and a Triji Accupoint.

The TR24 is the best quality IMO, but it costs more. Did not like the amber triangle and kept the red. Excellent glass. If I could only have one 1-4 this would not be it as the reticle blocks the target for longer range holdovers. But great for 0-200 fast shots.

Just recently swapped for a P4Xi so have not shot it yet. (9 degrees out) Surprised how good the glass is. Better than the Accupower and I love the uncluttered reticle with illuminated green dot. Best all around 1-4 under $700 in my book.

Accupower comes in third place with almost as good glass. The MOA reticle may be better for longer range precision, but takes longer to get on target. The illuminated crosshairs are too thick making it tough to pick out the red dots from the line. Glass is good but not as clear as the above two.

I quickly sold the PST and MTAC. Both had just okay glass and I hated the reticles. Both cluttered with fat rims. The newer Burris Ballistic AR reticle looks like it would be better, but I would still skip it for the inferior glass.

Another I have that you might want to consider is the Burris 1-5 XTR II. I like the reticle and the glass is decent. Good luck.

1. Trijicon Accupower with MOA reticle -
    2. Vortex Viper PST with MOA and capped turrets
    3. Steiner P4Xi
    4. Burris Mtac
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are those 4 what you narrowed it down to? What’s your budget?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The PX4i is a good option and can frequently be found with an ADM Recon mount as a package deal

Name:  E365763A-3501-4E37-9B09-7AF52FD401FE.jpeg
Views: 358
Size:  939.6 KB

The “new” Vortex Ranger is the old PST from outward appearance

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...target-turrets

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Viper PST (now call Ranger) and IMO it's a great value, especially now that it's in the $300 price point (Midway just sent me a sale add this morning) I actually like the reticle quite a bit as the ring is fast and the center dot is quite precise. Glass is good, not great.

I've played with the MTAC in stores and don't care for the extremely thick donut of death.

I second Jerry in that the Leupold Mark AR has surprisingly good glass for the money. I had one and sold it because I didn't care for the reticle but I did love the clarity and light weight.

If you can swing the price, Euro Optic still has the Razor on sale: https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vor...rzr-16005.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    what's your budget and purpose