Downloads
    Uploads

Got an Prescription filled for a CZ P01 yesterday

Checked out a "new" "gun" store today.

Well its not really a new store, but new to me. Smithgall's Guns in Lancaster, PA located near F&M college. A little bit about the place...

This store is actually a pharmacy called Smithgall's Pharmacy that has an FFL and operates a gun store out of the back of the pharmacy. The owner is also the former mayor of the city. A few weeks ago his pharmacy was robbed at gun point. The robbers got the worst of that exchange. The owner is still recovering, but the owner's daughter is also a pharmacist and is operating the gun shop as well.

There are no show cases as the entire gun shop operation is run out of a back storage closet that is huge. I walked in looking for guns and didn't see any! I asked about the "gun shop" and they got the pharmacist who unlocked the big steel door to the back room to just stacks and stacks of pistol and rifle cases. It was the most glorious sight to see.

Allison, the pharmacist and only "gun shop" employee asked me what I was interested in. Well I have been looking for a CZ P01 locally for some time but I have always been a CZ pistol fan. So, me..."anything CZ!". Well, she had a ton of CZs! Most gun stores around me don't know what you are talking about around these parts and CZs are almost impossible to find anywhere in stock.

After looking I found what I was looking for! A brand new CZ P-01 Omega.

This was the most unorthodox "gun shop" that I have ever been to, but with their service, selection, and value (got a great deal on the gun as well as a great deal on what I traded for it), I will be back many times. Granted, it was a little odd to just be pulling gun cases off of shelves to look at them, but it was really cool little place. The gun shop has a very basic website and facebook page, but really just operates by word of mouth. Per Allison, "the people in this neighborhood don't really like guns."

It was also neat because I am also a pharmacist at the local hospital so I got to talk guns and pharmacy at the same time. We talked for a while and she told me a story how her dad did a favor for Reed Knight, and in exchange he got sent an M110 with all the accessories. It was a pretty cool story.
    Last edited by rxer311; 17 January 2019 at 12:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s a weird and interesting story..but with a good ending..coming home with a new tool is always good..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome find!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really only found out that there was a gun shop at the pharmacy when the story broke that the pharmacy was robbed...and the robbers were shot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The shop where I transferred my first AR (lower) was a dog groomer. The wife ran the dog groomer and the husband groomed dogs and then transferred/sold guns on the side.

When you walk in, you'd be greeted by the dog people. You'd ask about guns and they'd get the husband. Very friendly place, but amusing the first time you walked in there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I’ve had some fun ones.

Once upon a time I picked up a short barrel ak pistol..well local home ffl dude has said best price others have said easy deals..blah blah..

In the old bad part of town, walk in , follow me, well down the hallway down these sketchy steep short stairs, around the corner , past the heater, I mean squeezing , down to the corner of the basement where this room was filled, no organization, guns apart everywhere on a bench barely big enough for one..lol..oh wow..all was good.. walked out and down the block and around the corner with my AK in box ...haha...oh.. that guy now has a legit shop..