Downloads
    Uploads

Low clearance and M-Lok

I've got a bit of a problem with my new Arisaka M-Lok Finger stop, CMT hand guard and Ballistic Advantage gas block. I'd like to have my finger stop installed right below the gas block, but I need 1 more micron of clearance for the T-nut to turn. SO my questions:
    Is it advisable to file down the top of the T-nut and screw so it doesn't touch the GB and will engage the slot?
    If so, should I re-blu the newly untreated part?
    Or am I looking into a world of hurt with such close proximity of the GB that the finger stop will get super hot and melt my fingers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem is the OAL of your gas block.

Been down this road before. If you get a gas block that is shorter front to back it will solve the problem without having to file things down. I've tried filing, sanding, this that and another...but the right gas block was the fix.

Be careful playing around with it too much. You can easily mar the inside of your hand guard. Also another thing that can happen is contact can be made between the T nut and the gas block and it can throw off zero or mess with the harmonics when under fire.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 17 January 2019 at 19:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have an adjustable stock? If so just extend the length of pull on it a click back and move the hand stop back one opening. You could also pop the rail off and take off a few microns from the bottom of the gas block on a bench grinder as well.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've learned to avoid mlok nuts under the gas block. It usually doesn't work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s a factory pinned BA gasblock. It’s got a depth form bottom to barrel of .206”. Now I doubt I could find a replacement gas black, like Geiselle’s SGB, that would like up with the existing pinning. It may not be worth the trouble changing, and I may just adapt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    It’s a factory pinned BA gasblock. It’s got a depth form bottom to barrel of .206”. Now I doubt I could find a replacement gas black, like Geiselle’s SGB, that would like up with the existing pinning. It may not be worth the trouble changing, and I may just adapt.
    The SGB will likely take up more room than the BA. The SGBs are not dainty. You should be able to file/cut down the M-LOK screws which tend to be excessively long anyway. If it doesn't work, you can get replacement screws. This is one of the reasons why I still chose KeyMod over M-LOK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've learned to avoid mlok nuts under the gas block. It usually doesn't work.
    Yup. In my case it was an overly long bolt in the MLOK accessory that I was able to cut with my dremel tool but there was definitely contact which was a no go