Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

CCI unveils new .22 loads at SHOT.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...019-shot-show/

This looks cool:

New Quiet-22 Semi-Auto drastically reduces the volume of standard 22 LR rounds, while cycling flawlessly through semi-automatic rifles and handguns. The accurate, low-velocity loads provide the sensation of shooting through a suppressor—without the suppressor—and are perfect for new shooters.

New Clean-22 uses an exclusive polymer bullet coating to greatly reduce copper and lead fouling in the barrel—without leaving a residue. It also cuts lead buildup in suppressors 60 to 80 percent. Both the Sub-Sonic and High Velocity loads feature a 40-grain round nose lead bullet with geometry that’s been optimized for accuracy. With dependable CCI priming and consistent propellant, Clean-22 provides flawless cycling through semi-automatics and all 22 LR firearms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice!!!

Makes me wonder if someone is watching forums A long time ago I remember posting in a thread that suggested this kind of thing... clean powder, coated bullet, subsonic etc etc... apparently somebody listened. Hopefully these aren't like $9 per box or something stupid.

Also on a side note Federal discontinued their Ultramatch .22LR line a while back. That was the hands down best shooting stuff in my gun. I am wondering if they will ever re-launch that or something similar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The previous ones are super fun to shot from a bolt action with a can. You can see them plummet at 50 yards through the scope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a great squirrel load. I like just sitting under trees where squirrels are cutting hickory nuts and snipe them one at a time with head shots. Usually when the .22 cracks they scatter, and then you have to wait a while for them to start poking their heads out again. Maybe the sound difference will give better results. Too late this year, but maybe next time.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper