Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

LMT MRP experience?

Anyone here with experience with the LMT MRP? After watching the video below, I'm feeling a strong desire to pick up the LMT New Zealand Reference rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've owned probably 6 or so over the years. I think I still have 3 MRP's? 2 10.5's and a 14.5" Great rifles. Typical LMT Quality. Throw a MRP upper on a MARS lower and you can't ask for much more.

Weird timing... you just missed out on Brownells selling MRP uppers for $699. They had them for months, including the New Zealand Upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've owned probably 6 or so over the years. I think I still have 3 MRP's? 2 10.5's and a 14.5" Great rifles. Typical LMT Quality. Throw a MRP upper on a MARS lower and you can't ask for much more.

Weird timing... you just missed out on Brownells selling MRP uppers for $699. They had them for months, including the New Zealand Upper.
    Thanks for the inpu. Yes, i saw those MRP uppers on sale after they were OOS. Where the NZ uppers on sale, too? The MARS lower looks fantastic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Thanks for the inpu. Yes, i saw those MRP uppers on sale after they were OOS. Where the NZ uppers on sale, too? The MARS lower looks fantastic.
    NZ uppers sold out first if I recall correctly. 10.5's were on the website much longer. I'm guessing they cleared out everything as I only see 16's in stock now at full price.

If you want AMBI, the MARS is probably the last forged lower you'll ever need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree. Great rifles. I need to grab a few MARS lowers myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best place to find a mars lower?
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Best place to find a mars lower?
    https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/77/

Stripped are out of stock right now, but I've been able to snag a couple just from the stock notice sign ups.

The complete ones are in stock.

I'm sure there are other retailers, but that's where I've bought mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks man, I’m in the notify list so hopefully soon. I wanna pair it with my urgi upper

https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/77/

Stripped are out of stock right now, but I've been able to snag a couple just from the stock notice sign ups.

The complete ones are in stock.

I'm sure there are other retailers, but that's where I've bought mine.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks man, I’m in the notify list so hopefully soon. I wanna pair it with my urgi upper
    RifleGear appears to have some stripped lowers in stock: https://www.riflegear.com/p-9940-lmt...ped-lower.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides the ambi controls, is the bolt catch and mag catch still standard?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Besides the ambi controls, is the bolt catch and mag catch still standard?
    They're all preinstalled so I'm not actually sure. The bolt catch doesn't look milspec.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    RifleGear appears to have some stripped lowers in stock: https://www.riflegear.com/p-9940-lmt...ped-lower.aspx
    ugh i was too late
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're all preinstalled so I'm not actually sure. The bolt catch doesn't look milspec.
    The left side mag release looks out of reach for medium hands with regular fingers.
    Name:  9940_2_.jpg
Views: 1550
Size:  107.4 KB

For comparison.
    Name:  7639_1_.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  111.5 KB

FWIW, I shoot on both sides and when I do a mag change shooting lefty I still find myself (50% of the time) reaching up with my right hand/thumb to hit the mag release and strip the mag out.
    Last edited by Stone; 21 January 2019 at 17:23.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The left side mag release looks out of reach for medium hands with regular fingers.
    Using a pistol grip w/o the beaver tail should help. I'd have the opposite problem of trying to hit a spot so far back on the LWRC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ugh i was too late
    Nuts. They had 3 last night and I've been pondering today if I should order one, a complete MARS lower, or hold out and get a complete New Zealand Reference Rifle. I was leaning towards the last but I finally noticed that the NZSAS in the video above seem to be running 10.5" barrels with their Surefire SOCOMs so now I'm a little less conflicted about getting the factory Kiwi gun with 16" barrel.

Edit: WA implements new "assault rifle" rules this summer, so I'm figuring out which purchases I might want to make before that hits and just makes everything a bit more PITA. An LMT MARS and an MP5 clone top the list, but I'd buy the latter as a piston anyway so that wouldn't really be an issue.