Downloads
    Uploads

Kidd 10/22 optic mount

I read recently Slippers mentioning he NF SHV 4-14 would make a good 10/22 optic. I’ve read other reviews now saying the same. So I’m grabbing one.

What I’m unsure about is the mount. I’d love the option to be able to move it to other rifles but I don’t want to sacrifice proper use on the 10/22.

My questions for the group: What mount and height would you recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a custom full Kidd 10/22 build but my optic is not anywhere that nice as anything Slippers owns. I am poor like Pyzik. LOL!

As for mounting options, I tried a one piece mount and did not like it. I also tried some cheap rings and did not like those either. Now I have some of the Griffin rings that I got for free with my Trump Bucks promo. Their rings are very very good in my opinion. A bit of overkill for a 10/22 but still great especially for free.

I think you are better off getting the eye relief and scope height right and then determining mounting options from there. I figured out the right height by stacking pennies on my rail and measuring. Also the position fore and back can be determined by your preferred shooting position. Those two measurements will determine what's best.

Again this all takes into account your stock and cheek weld and all that. Find the right measurements then look for something that matches them as closely as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you using the KIDD Aftermarket Receiver Scope Base? Also does the NF have the 56 objective bell? And 30mm tube? I just bought Warnes QD mounts for a 10/22 upgrade I just did. (Weaver 3x9) They are nice! Warne has a scope mount selector on the top left on the home page. Click on it and it will take you through the selection process. Based on the input I believe its these: https://warnescopemounts.com/product...ach-highrings/

If its the 4-14x50 you should be able to drop down to the medium height...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic1Bj7cEcMI
    Last edited by Stone; 21 February 2019 at 12:02.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Warne Matte PA rings in Medium for my 10/22. I don't have a Kidde receiver, but they work well with the standard receiver. I also use the Warne torque wrench to make things easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I read recently Slippers mentioning he NF SHV 4-14 would make a good 10/22 optic. I’ve read other reviews now saying the same. So I’m grabbing one.

What I’m unsure about is the mount. I’d love the option to be able to move it to other rifles but I don’t want to sacrifice proper use on the 10/22.

My questions for the group: What mount and height would you recommend?
    I experimented with this concept and in hindsight it's probably best to drop the idea that you'll move the scope around. But, I'll share what I did for your consideration: Warne QD rings (medium height, I believe, to keep as low as possible) for a 2-8x32 on a Nightforce 10/22 rail section:

Then a Leuopld rail riser for an AR which let me move the scope in Warne QD rings over to an AR and give the right height. It actually works reasonably well. Never any real test of RTZ but the difference in zero from 10/22 to AR was significant. I suspect the rail riser is the weakest link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I experimented with this concept and in hindsight it's probably best to drop the idea that you'll move the scope around. But, I'll share what I did for your consideration: Warne QD rings (medium height, I believe, to keep as low as possible) for a 2-8x32 on a Nightforce 10/22 rail section:

Then a Leuopld rail riser for an AR which let me move the scope in Warne QD rings over to an AR and give the right height. It actually works reasonably well. Never any real test of RTZ but the difference in zero from 10/22 to AR was significant. I suspect the rail riser is the weakest link.
    I’ve got the Warn QD rings on my hunting rifle. The RTZ is pretty good. I only take the scope off after the hunt to make room in the safe. Then it’s back on for pre hunt sighting and it stays on until the season is over, or if the scope breaks or fogged (happens to me), then it’s off and I use the open sights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All awesome feedback. Thanks, guys. I’ll grab a set from Warne!

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the video that sold me.