Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just ordered one... I guess their new video convinced me I needed to try one.

I haven't used mine yet. Can you believe it?

I also bought a buffer from Armatac with the idea that I'd compare both these products to a standard spring, carrier and H2 buffer. I haven't used it yet either.

I suck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    “It will double the reliability of your AR”

Snake oil sales pitch is unnecessary and offputting. What’s double the reliability of 100%? Zero failures thus far except for one broken spring but that’s unrelated to a BCG
    What? You don't want a 200% reliable weapon?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't seen this linked yet. My apologies if it is a repeat:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...fire-obc-ar15/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would really like to check out an obc, but for the cost, I can almost get into (2) lmt enhanced bolt carrier only (then just add a couple standard mpi bolts). Been very happy with the lmt enhanced carriers performance when suppressed, overgassed or FA. I know I'm not getting the benefit of the counterweight, or the shortened gas key, but the enhanced is still allowing the bolt to stay locked for a longer period of time allowing pressure in the operating system to drop prior to unlocking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered another. They're great for suppressed shooting. Noticeable gas difference in my face.

They're definitely not cheap, but for a dedicated short barrel, suppressed setup, it might be worth one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the 15% increase in gases ejected out the bore of the rifle, I wonder has anybody done any testing to check for increase in muzzle velocity? 15% can probably be either a game changer (Neva bin dun befo!), or a bunch of nothing. I'd be particularly interested in seeing how 110 gr 300 BLK does with that system velocity-wise.

Still, seems interesting and probably the most compelling change in AR design in years.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spent last evening chatting with a couple buddies about the OBC vs the LMT enhanced (since I haven't actually shot an OBC in a suppressed SBR or FA). Consensus was (cost not being a factor) that the OBC was unanimously preferred over the Enhanced BCG, but that the LMT enhanced bolt was tops (or of course knights E3, but that's a different ballgame). Looking at the pic of the box, looks like the OBC bolt is a milspec mpi standard bolt. Is that correct? No special alloys, extractor improvements, or radius cuts on the lugs? Looking like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pic up an OBC for christmas to try out. I'm sure i'll be happy!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfByTwentyEight View Post
    Spent last evening chatting with a couple buddies about the OBC vs the LMT enhanced (since I haven't actually shot an OBC in a suppressed SBR or FA). Consensus was (cost not being a factor) that the OBC was unanimously preferred over the Enhanced BCG, but that the LMT enhanced bolt was tops (or of course knights E3, but that's a different ballgame). Looking at the pic of the box, looks like the OBC bolt is a milspec mpi standard bolt. Is that correct? No special alloys, extractor improvements, or radius cuts on the lugs? Looking like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pic up an OBC for christmas to try out. I'm sure i'll be happy!!
    Right. Looks like you could probably run it on a KAC with their bolt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to try one but the price is prohibitive right now. Hopefully it will come down ... but knowing SF, it's not likely. Guess I'll just have to wait for some rando sale.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard some folks say that it can be run with an A5, be curious if that was true, would convince me to try them out in lieu of my LMT eBCGs (since I can just pop out the bolts).