Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm tempted to try this out on a suppressed short barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Me, too.

I have a VLTOR upper that's put together with a Sionics 11.5" barrel. I'll try a few rounds through it with my AAC 7.62 suppressor.

Also curious to try with a select fire lower to see how the cyclic rate changes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is getting more interesting as I read.

In this video below at about 1:30 he states that it will keep the bolt in lock up in battery for longer than a standard BCG. I wonder how much longer, and if that may or may not help alleviate some port pop on semi auto suppressed applications?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJa...ature=youtu.be

If it's decreasing chamber pressure by about 15% that could in theory have a pretty significant impact on at the ear numbers for suppression, especially out of an SBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The info on the back of the packaging.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    The info on the back of the packaging.

Maybe I am wrong here but I am thinking through this. ( Dangerous I know right? )

If there is extended lock up time, and particularly on SBRs that gives the bullet substantially more time to travel down the bore and exit the muzzle (or at least enter the suppressor), thus dropping the pressure and forcing the gas forward more such as in a bolt action rifle.

If everything works the way that I think it would work it would have the equivalent effect (sound wise) of shooting out of a longer barrel rifle and decreasing the back pressure for gassy face and possibly a sound reduction. If my thinking is correct the sound reduction part would come from opening the system up while physically being under less pressure and hence less pop.

How that would translate into real world sound reduction (at the ear) I don't know. I emailed them and asked if they tested this. Even a 4-5 DB reduction at the ear would be pretty cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the video below the suppressed at the ear numbers for a 10.5" SBR are over 149 almost 150 DB. Out of a 16" those same cans at the ear were reduced by around 6 DB.

If that's true then with this BCG a 16" AR would meter in at the ear around 136-137 DB range. If it works like that. Big if. I would like to see testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_LuHzfzYtc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weights for comparison.

The Surefire with counterweight:

A standard GI style from BCM:

Both weights taken with carriers completely assembled.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weight of the buffer included with the carrier:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Packaging says H weight buffer.

I assume the weight(s) inside are standard stuff. I'm going to guess it would be possible to add a tungsten weight if desired.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    In the video below the suppressed at the ear numbers for a 10.5" SBR are over 149 almost 150 DB. Out of a 16" those same cans at the ear were reduced by around 6 DB.

If that's true then with this BCG a 16" AR would meter in at the ear around 136-137 DB range. If it works like that. Big if. I would like to see testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_LuHzfzYtc
    Based on this using a 15% reduction in pressure it would make a 10.5" SBR reduce at the port door to something akin to a 12.5" to 14.5".

However on a 16" gun still using the same formula it would reduce port noise down to about an 18" barrel length.

If it's linear.

Basically like having an extra 2-3" on the barrel for noise purposes. It probably would reduce the noise at the ear but realistically probably not by much. Maybe 2 or 3 DB.

Attachment 6292

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Torture test gun ...

Haha remember that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ordered one... I guess their new video convinced me I needed to try one.

Any update on your usbp?

Downloads
    Uploads
    “It will double the reliability of your AR”

Snake oil sales pitch is unnecessary and offputting. What’s double the reliability of 100%? Zero failures thus far except for one broken spring but that’s unrelated to a BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im all for checking out and trying new stuff that comes down the pipe but that statement from SF is a little far fetched. If I do my part and maintain my rifles even though I beat the shit out of them, they are running at 100% as is. The first thing I usually ask myself is "what can go wrong with it" Adding internal moving parts: spring loaded weight: where am I if that stops functioning? Screwed comes to mind, if Im in a bad situation. Also a proprietary buffer and spring length: Now I have to buy extra special length springs? Seems like we are adding variables instead of reducing variables... Their first video should have been a 50K round torture test with a few spring swaps allowed, then I would have been interested. Seems like they have left the long term testing and reviews up to the end users... So far to date, with using high quality parts, all of my DI builds are running at 100% with zero issues. But its like this with anything, I am sure there are things I buy that people would have a question with. Its our hard earned money and we can spend it how we like. Now we just need to talk UW into that 5K round torture test...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just in it to see if there's any gas reduction while shooting suppressed.

I don't buy into the double the reliability stuff either.

This is going on a new CMT SBR, that will be shot 100% suppressed. It's that cerakoted one I've posted a couple of times. Just working on getting the parts I want for it.