Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Snowy Day at the Range!

Got to take my freshly stamped SBR to the range today. It snowed yesterday, but was really comfortable today. Put about 150 rounds through my new build today. I am extremely pleased with my results.

After about 60 rounds I did have a couple failure to go into battery issues but I cleaned it and lubed it generously and the issues stopped. I think I under lubed it for the cold weather, but it also felt like the spring felt weak. Stopped by the LGS on the way home and picked up a Wolff extra power spring and it feels much better going into battery now. I was running an H buffer with a can and my brass was flying out at about 1 o'clock so I think the extra power spring was going to be necessary anyway.

Critical specs for the build are:
    - Criterion 11.5" CL barrel 1:7 twist
    - JMT Block Ops flat trigger
    - Riton Mod 7 1-5x scope

First picture is just a random picture of my range in the snow. Second picture is 44 rounds on target. Third picture is another 20 rounds on target after a slight windage adjustment to the left. I was just shooting PMC X-Tac 55 gr plinking ammo. I was just putting rounds on target as quickly as I could recover with the front on sandbags and unsupported rear. I was trying to be accurate but was not stopping to think about each trigger pull. I think with some good ammo, it will be be able to shoot sub moa 5 round groups at 100 yards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicely done. I've had pretty good luck with that PMC, it's my go to for informal range work.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that PMC XTAC is highly underrated. And by that I mean it sucks, no one should buy it so the price continues to come down and I can buy it all.

Seriously though, like Jerry, I've had great luck with that ammo. Nice shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not me. I think this rifle is just a shooter. I do think it'll do sub moa with the good ammo and me putting in the effort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you running any sort of adjustable gas system? I wonder what the port size is on that Criterion barrel

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not running any adjustable gas system. I think my buffer spring is under powered though. Put a stiffer spring in there and it already feels better. I am sure it is ported without the thought of a can in mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool range! Is it your range or is it a public range. Looks about as warm as the range I’ve been shooting on lately. I like snapping a picture of the range the day I shoot to help me remember the weather and conditions of the day.
    Nice shooting! Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Private range. Milton Grove sportsman's in Elizabethtown, PA. Only $35 a year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Private range. Milton Grove sportsman's in Elizabethtown, PA. Only $35 a year.
    Why can't we have anything like that here! wow.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks Cold but better than being at work....
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whole lot better than my day! nice shooting.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/