Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Form 1 Questions and Help

I just bought another lower that I will SBR for my .300BLK.

My first SBR was done eFile pre-41F. I have a few questions though.

1. I thought about doing this through Silencer Shop but they want $35 bucks and the service is offline apparently so I might just do it myself again and save the money. I have my ID and login and I logged in to make sure it still works.

2. I think (but I am not sure) that Silencer Shop would email me a copy of the finger prints of the people on my trust. If they will can you submit pics and prints electronically now? (If not I would have to haul my dad around to go get prints done which would be more of a headache (and cost) than just paying the $35 bucks. I think our local cops will charge like $10 per set of prints or something like that so at that point it becomes a wash cost and effort wise)

I have been completely underwater lately so I haven't been paying attention to wait times either. From what I gather it's like a month for Form 1. I guess it would be the same if I pay SS to do the bullshit for me or if I do it myself. If I can get the prints emailed to me and just do everything electronic including the pics I might just do it old school.

I should get my new lower in about a week or so I am taking my time getting info. Don't be surprised (if I wind up doing this myself) having you guys walk me through the process again.

Thanks guys for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just went through this.

1. You can submit pics electronically now. I just took a picture of myself and my wife with a regular camera against a white wall.

2. They are not accepting prints electronically. You still have to send them finger print cards. When you submit your form there will be a bar code that you print out that corresponds with your application. Make sure you mail that with your prints to WV.

I submitted my form 1 efile on Dec 19 and got it back Feb 6. 3 weeks of that was the government shutdown which they were not processing applications.

I did everything myself, and though I did have lots of questions, the guys here steered me in the right direction. I have a thread open with about the same title that you can search for as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I just went through this.

1. You can submit pics electronically now. I just took a picture of myself and my wife with a regular camera against a white wall.

2. They are not accepting prints electronically. You still have to send them finger print cards. When you submit your form there will be a bar code that you print out that corresponds with your application. Make sure you mail that with your prints to WV.

I submitted my form 1 efile on Dec 19 and got it back Feb 6. 3 weeks of that was the government shutdown which they were not processing applications.

I did everything myself, and though I did have lots of questions, the guys here steered me in the right direction. I have a thread open with about the same title that you can search for as well.
    Thanks man. Maybe UW can merge the threads if they are that similar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My thread with some other questions answered.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...m-1-Efile-help

Downloads
    Uploads
    You will also have to print out and sign the 5320 for all "responsible persons" on the trust. Then it will need to be scanned as a PDF and attached to the submission along with your pictures. ATF, after the form is submitted, will e-mail you a cover form letter that you will print out and use to send in (mail) the responsible person fingerprint cards. If something is wrong with your submission, they get to you right away with the issue and for the most part will help you resolve it--via e-mail. Also, their "ASK THE EXPERTS" help works pretty quickly. Just did six form 1's to my trust and they all came back within three weeks including the shut down. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you use other fingerprint cards or only the atf ones?

Have to order them from them or other options?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Can you use other fingerprint cards or only the atf ones?

Have to order them from them or other options?
    They're specifically the FBI (blue) cards, which can be ordered online.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    They're specifically the FBI (blue) cards, which can be ordered online.
    Would that be the fd-258 cards I hear mentioned before?

Sorry...nfa newbie..lol..

I do appreciate the info and will have more

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Would that be the fd-258 cards I hear mentioned before?

Sorry...nfa newbie..lol..

I do appreciate the info and will have more
    That's it! I couldn't find the form number earlier but once you gave me the right number to look for, I found it. Those are the ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    That's it! I couldn't find the form number earlier but once you gave me the right number to look for, I found it. Those are the ones.
    Cool.. So order them strait from them? Or is their other options? And I need to have them done where?

Just trying to get this shit in order for when i do pull the trigger. Thanks for the info.

Sorry for fucking up your thread Alamo..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you need 1 set of prints for each Form 1? Or can you submit 1 set with multiple form 1s?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another follow up... called the local SO. They will do ink prints at the jail for free provided I get my own cards to take in. Now I just have to figure out how big of a hassle it would be to haul my dad up to get finger printed.

It's about 20 miles each way so I have to weigh the options here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Another follow up... called the local SO. They will do ink prints at the jail for free provided I get my own cards to take in. Now I just have to figure out how big of a hassle it would be to haul my dad up to get finger printed.

It's about 20 miles each way so I have to weigh the options here.
    Why even screw with all of that? Do you have this in your trust?

2. RESERVATION OF GRANTOR=S RIGHTS TO AMEND OR REVOKE: Grantor hereby
    reserves the right to amend, revoke, alter, modify or otherwise change this trust in whole or in part at
    any time and from time to time by written instrument signed by the grantor and delivered to the
    Trustees. No such change shall increase the duties or liabilities of the Trustees. No such change
    shall decrease the compensation of the Trustees. In the event that this Trust is revoked, then the
    Trustees shall pay over to, transfer, assign, and convey to the Grantor, or as the Grantor may direct in
    the instrument of revocation, all of the then trust property, provided however, that any NFA articles
    or Title II firearms may only be transferred, assigned, and conveyed in full compliance with the law.

It should be there. If so just add the form to amend the trust and remove the trustees. Then when its approved add them back on.

Trust Amendment and Notification Form.

Fellow Trustees,

Pursuant to the powers I reserved for myself in Paragraph 2 of [name of trust], I hereby amend the trust as follows:

[Describe changes.]

[Examples include: I hereby add John Doe as a Trustee; or I hereby remove Jane Doe as Beneficiary]

Please keep this written instrument with your copy of the Trust.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Updated information regarding SS.

I called them and each person on the trust CAN call and get prints on the cards (2 copies) printed out and sent out.

Each set is $15. So in my case, with two people on my trust it would be $30. It would be kind of stupid to go through all that hassle to save $5. I will ask around and see if my memory is correct about getting finger prints done locally to see if it would be any cheaper.

Otherwise they said their Form 1 system should be back up and running ASAP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It probably wont hurt to add a notary section to the bottom of the amendment form, but don't think it is necessary if your trust reads that you have the reservation of rights to modify the trust. It really is that simple. People die, get divorced, leave the country, etc,etc.. all the time. So the power to amend is critical to a RLT. Also note that once removed (trustees) while your form is pending, cannot be in sole possession of the NFA items listed on the trust.

https://johnpierceesq.com/reducing-y...ons-after-41f/
    Last edited by Stone; 26 February 2019 at 13:59.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.