Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely do you research on local options to get prints as every agency is going to have their own policy and there are private places to do prints, too. I found a PD nearby that charges $10 for the first card and $1 for each additional card. Turns out they take the prints digitally and then just print out however many you pay for. If someone wants $10-$15 a card, I suggest you keep calling around.

Mustang, since you aren't too far from me, that is the PD in Renton.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    He lives several hours north of there, so probably not worth the gas money... unless he does it all in one trip, along with his venture out to Rainier Arms in a week or two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    looking at this thread reminded me that I need to talk to my dad about this new process, since he is thinking about picking up his first suppressor.

Apologies up frot for a rambling stream of questions to yall.

All my NFA items were purchased before the new application requirements were rolled out so I'm a little in the dark on the best way to advise my dad. Before going over seas and leaving all my stuff with my dad, I added him to my NFA trust. He, my wife and myself (all persons listed on the trust) got photos and fingerprint cards too.

If he wants to purchase something under the trust, am I correct in assuming that he, my wife, and I will need to submit those photographs and finger print cards along with the trust information? If we need to send in the physical finger print cards, do we need to send new copies for each purchase, or is once enough? Is there a certian time frame/ expiration date for the finger print cards? We got them done a little over two years ago at this point.

Does silencershop offer a service where we can basically throw all the paperwork at them and they will take care of the filing and whatnot? My dad lives in the black hills of NC and I would be nice if he didn't have to drive over hill and dale to have paperwork filled out and signed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post

Does silencershop offer a service where we can basically throw all the paperwork at them and they will take care of the filing and whatnot? My dad lives in the black hills of NC and I would be nice if he didn't have to drive over hill and dale to have paperwork filled out and signed.
    Yes. I just got off the phone with SS a couple days ago. Their service for form 1 cost $35 and form four is free. Once you get all the docs into them including prints and a kiosk, just one time per year each person needs to update their picture via mobile app, IE selfie. Passport style is pretty much it.

The service is currently offline and was caught up in the govt shutdown but according to them will be back online very soon. This is by far the easiest choice rather than driving someone 40 miles round trip to go get finger printed.

However if prints are easily obtained or for just one person then do it yourself is cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    good to know. I'll have to reach out to them!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Definitely do you research on local options to get prints as every agency is going to have their own policy and there are private places to do prints, too. I found a PD nearby that charges $10 for the first card and $1 for each additional card. Turns out they take the prints digitally and then just print out however many you pay for. If someone wants $10-$15 a card, I suggest you keep calling around.

Thanks for the info boiler.. Ya I’m a little ways from there. Gonna make a few calls this week and see what I find out, want to get my ducks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    He lives several hours north of there, so probably not worth the gas money... unless he does it all in one trip, along with his venture out to Rainier Arms in a week or two.
    Ya I don’t get south much..like ever..lol..

Woo woo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got off the phone with silencer shop a little while ago and for whatever reason they are taking their time on form 1s.

I guess I need to just say screw em and try to navigate through it myself. The last time I did it it was before 41F.

I need to get the right kinds of print cards first. Maybe I overlooked it in my haste (and a little bit of frustration).

If get the cards can I do my own prints? I can get one of those little ink pads from the bank and that would save me a lot of hassle.

Cards and ink... once I figure out all this I might just do multiple print cards so I can avoid this later on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe, but I'd just call around your local PDs and government offices until you find someone that will print you for a reasonable fee. My semi-local PD charges $10 for the first card and $1 for each additional card (they print once digitally and then just print out however many you need).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cost/benefit IMHO is not there with doing your own prints. Especially since like Boiler said, a lot of PD's can scan and print them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been utterly swamped with work etc... and after I got off the phone with SS I swore (literally) that I was going to just buy some cards and get printed one way or another so I can get this bullshit done. Then I get an email... fraud on my credit card. Shit. Now I have to wait another week before I can pay for said cards or pay for a tax stamp.

I am pretty much just frustrated with a lot of shit lately. Not just gun related. Just frustrated.

As far as cost benefit I am totally willing to just give the money to SS and let them deal with it, but they are STILL not in gear on this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cost/benefit IMHO is not there with doing your own prints. Especially since like Boiler said, a lot of PD's can scan and print them.
    Independent of the actual act of inking your own prints, I think the cost really fluctuates from place to place. A guy I work with lives a couple of counties over and the PD printed as many as he wanted for free. In my county, they'd probably laugh you out of the building which is why there's a few pop up vendors here. However only one guy will actually print out cards for you. The others seem to just beam the prints up into the State database system for other requirements (LE, medical, etc).

My job has a very good relationship with the SO in the county where I work. I'm going to see if they might be able to help when I go back to work next week. Hopefully they'll have a computer/printer system so I can have them make a couple of spares.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some fingerprint cards on the way and if they get here in timw probably Monday or Tuesday we will go get printed.

If I have more than one person on my trust will they have to have a log in as well to the ATF site or can I just upload it all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I have some fingerprint cards on the way and if they get here in timw probably Monday or Tuesday we will go get printed.

If I have more than one person on my trust will they have to have a log in as well to the ATF site or can I just upload it all?
    You don't upload the prints. You have to physically mail them. Once you're done with the online Form 1, they'll give you the form to print and send with the prints. Everyone on your trust will have to mail 2 copies of their prints along with yours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't upload the prints. You have to physically mail them. Once you're done with the online Form 1, they'll give you the form to print and send with the prints. Everyone on your trust will have to mail 2 copies of their prints along with yours.
    I was referring to uploading all the trust information and any other data on the efile.

After the efile part is done manually mail in prints with the sheet with the Barcode.

I was more or less referring if I can do all the work under my login for say demographics, uploading pics, etc or if there will need another login.

Prints are manually mailed. Yep. Sorry my question wasn't clear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically there are two persons on my trust. Other than mailing prints do the other people have to log in separate from me or can I just do it myself?