Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine Mania

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take a blue or two if someone wanted to sell.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by federalist22 View Post
    What is the story on this PMAG in Multicam? Does anyone know if these are aftermarket paint jobs or are they molded by Magpul in that color?

http://shop.umlautarms.com/product.s...&categoryId=34
    Quote Originally Posted by federalist22 View Post
    I would take a blue or two if someone wanted to sell.
    The Multicam, MARPAT, ACU is all aftermarket not done specifically by Magpul. They are water dipped into film like shotguns, atv's and many more products.

The blue PMAG is not recommended for duty use, it is not as strong as the others, I didn't get specifics but it has to due with the polymers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mags

What with all the PMAG colors they are going to be as collectable as Beany Babies were.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike91A View Post
    What with all the PMAG colors they are going to be as collectable as Beany Babies were.
    That is what I am hoping! LOL.............it's probably just a fad.

Just want something different, but functional.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I googled and found this site advertising TMags for sale

http://www.afmo.com/Magpul_TMAG_30_T_p/215-01716.htm

along with a small photo and this info

"The TMAG 30 is a dedicated training magazine designed with the same features as standard PMAGs, but molded in clear or smoke-color translucent plastic for easy identification of loaded and unloaded weapons. Due to the material properties of this translucent plastic, the TMAG is for training only, and should never be used in operational environments. As such, all TMAG followers, floor plates, and snap covers will only come in bright range-safety colors."

Konrad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'v updated my collection, yeah I need psychiatric help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone have one of the CAA Countdown Magazines in use already?

While fondling prototypes they seemed pretty OK, having a non-tilting follower, rigid polymer and a real shot count feature (including a three-colored index from GREEN (30-21 rnd) over YELLOW (20-11 rnd) to RED (10-0 rnd). Pretty neat feature, as there is also a window on the bottom of the magazine so you can see the current load of the magazine by looking down on your rig / mag pouch.

I have a couple of them inbound but they will only go into shipping when CAAs new Glock Carbine Conversion is ready to ship, probably in january...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recieved those magazines a while ago and up to now they seem to be fairly decent magazines (drop free, positive locking, reliable feeding).
    The used polymer "feels cheaper" compared with PMAGs but this is obviously just something to get used to. As I've been told they should be able to handle the same abuse PMAGs do.

The round-count feature is a neat thing. First of all it's color-coded so that you can guesstimate your mileage with a quick look.
    If you can spare a longer fraction of a second you can identify the exact number of rounds still in the mag.

The bottom window is supposed to be kinda "frosted" so that you can mainly see the color code, giving you and idea if a mag in a given pouch is full, half full or almost empty.

Time will tell if they hold up well. For now I don't see any reasons why the shouldn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always the water transfer option - not sure how plausible it would be to use RIT to add a multicam or MC-like pattern.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Granted I'm a huge neophyte noobie at all this new fangled AR stuff, but doesn't the color blue denote 'inert 'or 'training only' in some circles??

That said the colors are cool as heck!!

Has anyone had problems with cracking lips on the desert tan colors? A few weeks ago at a TS pistol course the instructors said they've experienced alot of problems with the tan only................
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Always the water transfer option - not sure how plausible it would be to use RIT to add a multicam or MC-like pattern.
    I can't find it at the moment, but there was a guy on ARFCOM a while back trying it. Got some decent results too.

ETA: Here's a thread about RIT dye on PMags, but I don't see any digi patterns... could have sworn there was. There are some camo ones towards the end of the thread though.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 28 April 2010 at 16:54.