Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone here live in IL?

So, it's sounding like not an if but a when.... I'll have to be in Illinois for work for a while, talking year(s).

Just how bad is it going to be for me there? Will I want to keep a Michigan address? I'm guessing I probably won't really want to be a resident.
    It's sounding like a pretty lucrative job so I don't think I want to turn it down just because of the (temporary) restrictive gun laws.

I'll say I'm a little disappointed as I do NOT want to live there. Maybe my views of the state's laws are worse than they actually are.

I'll be literally in the dead center of the state so living in IN or other surrounding states and commuting is not going to work.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t, and have never, lived there, but I’d always heard of things being referred to as Chicago gun laws. Might be worth seeing if the state laws are the same as Chicago’s. They may not be.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I grew up in the Chicagoland area and lived there until high school. Still have some friends that live in the suburbs. IL is restrictive compared to some other states but they still get by. They can own most of what they want and they can still keep up with shooting. They are mostly relegated to indoor ranges though.

Look on the bright side. At least you can still HAVE your firearms and continue the hobby. I've been living in Europe and have ZERO access to my collection, and almost no ability to pursue my former or future project plans. The best I can do is order parts to my parents house with the expectation that I will be able to see those parts in a few years. Its also given me an opportunity to re-evaluate what I want out of my collection and projects.

Take the opportunity to pursue other interests or figure out what aspects of the shooting world interest you enough to continue to pursue in a restrictive atmosphere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post

Take the opportunity to pursue other interests or figure out what aspects of the shooting world interest you enough to continue to pursue in a restrictive atmosphere.
    THIS. Once we move this year, or next, I'm going to move on to a Project type car. Moving away from firearms for the most part as I largely own everything I want at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    THIS. Once we move this year, or next, I'm going to move on to a Project type car. Moving away from firearms for the most part as I largely own everything I want at this point.
    Where are you headed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to, you can got to "Carry Trainer" on YouTube. He's a fairly cool guy and I think from IL. He is very responsive and would probably be able to answer all of your questions and more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Where are you headed?
    Not out of state quite yet. We are in the market for a new pad though. Something with more land to build a 40x60 shop/toy storage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not out of state quite yet. We are in the market for a new pad though. Something with more land to build a 40x60 shop/toy storage.
    Yeah. Right. Let me know when you've bought or built your last gun.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not out of state quite yet. We are in the market for a new pad though. Something with more land to build a 40x60 bunker.......
    Fixed it for ya.....