Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex Strike Eagle long term reviews?

When this hit the market last year it was one of the hottest LPV's out there. It was highly recommended as one of the best scopes in that price range and maybe a little higher. I haven't seen any follow ups or long term(I know it's only been out about 16 months). So whoever bought one do you still like it? Did you replace it with something else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to WEVO!

If you dig around a little you’ll find a few threads on these. They seem to be a popular choice and for the money (when on sale the 1-8 model has my attention)

I don’t own one but there’s some others that do and I’m sure will chime in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a 1-6x review coming and then a 1-8x shortly thereafter.

Probably in the next few weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Strike Eagle...one of the hottest LPVOs? You get what you pay for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Strike Eagle...one of the hottest LPVOs? You get what you pay for.
    Honestly, having seen some of the other new entries into the field (riton, etc) the strike eagles vastly better for the money. $1000 Riton should be better than a $1000 Vortex right? It's not when a $300 Vortex is as good as a $1000 Riton and the like...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Honestly, having seen some of the other new entries into the field (riton, etc) the strike eagles vastly better for the money. $1000 Riton should be better than a $1000 Vortex right? It's not when a $300 Vortex is as good as a $1000 Riton and the like...
    I agree; for $3-350 you’re better off with a Strike Eagle until you’re ready for a Razor II HD (or comparable). The mid range/mid budget 1-6/8s just aren’t there for quality to cost for me. The one brand I haven’t been able to handle in person is an Atibal 1-8 but I’m not holding out much hope

Unless you’re interesting in a 1-4x Steiner or PST Gen 1 1-4

UWone, Arisaka, and Sinner all said as much and I spent some time with a lot of different optics between them and now and I’m on the same wavelength after seeing it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I agree; for $3-350 you’re better off with a Strike Eagle until you’re ready for a Razor II HD (or comparable). The mid range/mid budget 1-6/8s just aren’t there for quality to cost for me. The one brand I haven’t been able to handle in person is an Atibal 1-8 but I’m not holding out much hope

Unless you’re interesting in a 1-4x Steiner or PST Gen 1 1-4

UWone, Arisaka, and Sinner all said as much and I spent some time with a lot of different optics between them and now and I’m on the same wavelength after seeing it
    Not helping...lol... that I didn’t pull the trigger on that $280 shipped 1-8 dealio at psa not long ago.

Gotta 308 build slowly in progress that needs something. And not sure I want much more weight then a 1-6/1-8 on it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Not helping...lol... that I didn’t pull the trigger on that $280 shipped 1-8 dealio at psa not long ago.

Gotta 308 build slowly in progress that needs something. And not sure I want much more weight then a 1-6/1-8 on it...
    308?

find yourself a used 2.5-10x maybe vortex or NF. That's a money optic for a 308

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had one for a while and its pretty legit. I haven't reviewed it but it holds up well. I've accidentally dropped it a few times with no issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Humm.. no love for it on a 308 huh..

Ya I’d like a NF , but that ain’t gonna happen anytime soon.

That 2.5-10 pst and non ilum. Version have been a want forever.. don’t have the change for a major purchase.

My old gen 1 1-4 pst is still kicking and has been good, just need more magnification for the 308

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Humm.. no love for it on a 308 huh..

Ya I’d like a NF , but that ain’t gonna happen anytime soon.

That 2.5-10 pst and non ilum. Version have been a want forever.. don’t have the change for a major purchase.

My old gen 1 1-4 pst is still kicking and has been good, just need more magnification for the 308
    Know anyone around Portland that can scoop this for you?

https://www.armslist.com/posts/89459...e-portland-atg

Or see if this guy in WA will part the scope out
    https://www.armslist.com/posts/95500...1-with-extras-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Crap , those are what I seek.

The one ad is in my hometown here..lol