Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pro 2A Bookkeeper/Accountant

I'm looking for a gun friendly bookkeeper/accountant in western Wa to help me navigate getting a gun shop started up and staying in the good graces of our overlords and would appreciate any recommendations .

Downloads
    Uploads
    You sure you want to open a gun store in WA in this political and economic climate?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You sure you want to open a gun store in WA in this political and economic climate?
    I realize I'm a bit late to the party but it may be the only way to own anything other then a musket soon . I have a "real" job and this will be my side job with little overhead cost and primarily special orders and class 3 similar to how Chip from Cascade Arsenal was set up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I realize I'm a bit late to the party but it may be the only way to own anything other then a musket soon . I have a "real" job and this will be my side job with little overhead cost and primarily special orders and class 3 similar to how Chip from Cascade Arsenal was set up.
    Chip is out of business. Trust me, this is not a good side gig.

Low margins on virtually everything, even worse as you won't be buying distributor level quantities.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I realize how turbulent the industry is especially with the impending insanity at our state level but i'm confident with not having to worry about overheads that I can turn a profit albeit a small profit for now . I live in a very weird micro climate that is experiencing a huge economic boom for being a small town and am lucky to have a dense population of pro gun residents with money to spend .......for now or at least til June on the firearms side .
    Last edited by Sak007; 12 March 2019 at 16:44.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I realize how turbulent the industry is especially with the impending insanity at our state level but i'm confident with not having to worry about overheads that I can turn a profit albeit a small profit for now . I live in a very weird micro climate that is experiencing a huge economic boom for being a small town and am lucky to have a dense population of pro gun residents with money to spend .......for now or at least til June on the firearms side .
    I only say what I'm saying because I've seen first hand how this industry is on the retail side. Both for small retailers and larger ones. It is BRUTAL. It's not just the margins, it's the returns, chargebacks, fraud, ect.

I've used to think at some point I'd get my own FFL/SOT and run a small shop part time out of a on-property shop, but abandoned those ideas. I wish you all the success in the world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only say what I'm saying because I've seen first hand how this industry is on the retail side. Both for small retailers and larger ones. It is BRUTAL. It's not just the margins, it's the returns, chargebacks, fraud, ect.

I've used to think at some point I'd get my own FFL/SOT and run a small shop part time out of a on-property shop, but abandoned those ideas. I wish you all the success in the world.
    I appreciate you taking your time to go through some issues I will be facing and for the very realistic warnings . My FFL application has already been submitted and I have a in house meeting with the ATF next week and will be going the 07/02 route and really hope that I can turn this into something that is positive .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck. My west coast buds say's it's financial suicide, but I hope the best for you.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Good luck. My west coast buds say's it's financial suicide, but I hope the best for you.

FT
    Heh, just talked to a buddy that said almost the exact same thing. There are a ton of guys that have gone out of business in the last several years, more to come this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah with Trump in office sales have got to be down. Now, if Hillary had won...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post

FT
    Heh, just talked to a buddy that said almost the exact same thing. There are a ton of guys that have gone out of business in the last several years, more to come this year.
    There is only one other gun shop in town which caters to the cowboy action crowd and the next town over has a couple big box stores and the great guys at Jones Arms & an unnamed shop that has burned a lot of its customers . I realize that I'm picking a poor time to become an FFL , but I have been wrapped up in city permitting and paperwork issues for over 2 years I'm hoping that by not having a lease or rent and pretty much being special order that I will minimize my risk in this possible suicidal venture

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good for you, Sak. As long as you aren’t keeping much inventory and also have a client base, I can see some positives. Based on how FFLs charge for transfers these days, you may get weekend warrior money, network local community and create a hub of conversation and access few in your area may have. It’s always more than just a business. It’s keeping the flame alive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe talk to Brislawn over a NW Gun Law Group and see if he knows anybody? Maybe work something out to send people his way for Trust work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah with Trump in office sales have got to be down. Now, if Hillary had won...
    Had she won, I suspect by now in 2019, we'd all be bending over wishing for the Obama years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Humm, like said it’s gonna be a hard battle right now, but I also see the ups in it.

Where about s are you trying to do this?