Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin armament Explorr

Just seen this in a email, also been hearing a lot of good things from vendors about them. So good that there discontinuing other models to just offer this.

Griffin armament Explorr cans...Silencer shop has them right now in 3 variations 556, 6.5 and 762

And they come with a taper mount comp and a free set of griffin micro sights at the moment....so want...need a dealer that takes payments...lol..my 40th is this year so I’m somehow getting into one...lol

https://www.silencershop.com/catalog...cat=&q=Explorr
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Capital Armory in Austin has installment plan options. Seriously.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Capital Armory in Austin has installment plan options. Seriously.
    Uh oh....lol..

If I did ,I’d like to find a somewhat local place. But thanks for the info Alamo..they look like they have some decent deals.. Also noticed they charge a 17% fee for the installment plan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few YouTube videos just came out about these cans. Looks very interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Helluva deal w/the comp and sights. I just wish the 6.5 had been 6.8 to cover more calibers. But I would get the .30 cal if I were not contemplating fleeing the Peoples Republic of Minnesota soon.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m all over a .30 cal version

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did some looking around and the .30 cal versions are both shorter and lighter. The .30 cal can loses about 5oz and 1 inch vs the Recce 7 but you give up 5 db of performance with full power ammo. On 300BLK I think the performance is about the same or better than the 7 just in a smaller package.

The 5.56 version is also about 5Db louder than the Recce 5 but its shorter and lighter as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hansohn Brothers said they were so impressed with the EXPLORR line, they weren’t going to carry the Recce or Paladin lines anymore, in 5.56 or 7.62. That says a lot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Hansohn Brothers said they were so impressed with the EXPLORR line, they weren’t going to carry the Recce or Paladin lines anymore, in 5.56 or 7.62. That says a lot
    I don't know who that is exactly (heard the name but not up on my industry who's who)... I want to get more information on this new line.... hopefully the Recce series stays as I kind of like it but I am definitely not ruling out getting an Explorr or two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems like the user serviceable Paladin line has some qualities that would still make it attractive versus a tubeless design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Seems like the user serviceable Paladin line has some qualities that would still make it attractive versus a tubeless design.
    The vast majority of centerfire rifle cans aren’t serviceable...I imagine they don’t sell a whole lot of them despite the features. The .30 cal Paladin is really light and durable though

Downloads
    Uploads
    The vast majority of centerfire rifle cans aren’t serviceable...I imagine they don’t sell a whole lot of them despite the features. The .30 cal Paladin is really light and durable though
    They even say in their ads that 'unless you are a very high volume shooter you don't need this'.

From what I understand that whole thing is at least partially there for better and easier service in the event of a baffle strike or whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya, there’s a thread in ar15dotcom where a griffin industries worker is chiming in about these.

He says that the 6.5” 308 cans are definitely ear safe.

He said there a high speed/good materials option at a lower cost as some features aren’t there or different from their other cans.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    He says that the 6.5” 308 cans are definitely ear safe.
    I find myself wanting to call b.s. on that claim. My Alpha tames my .308, but I'm not taking off my ear pro.

You only have so much hearing, and it doesn't recover. Pete Townsend couldn't hear a jet engine next to him, and he tried for years to save his hearing.

I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'd especially like to see a compelling price. As much of a like him or don't guy KMFB is, I am falling for the cherry bomb method of attaching cans to barrels. As IMO, the taper mount is hands down the best way to attach, putting the threads after the taper makes sense, as does his theory that the problem with G.A. cans is carbon lock as a result of the design.
    Last edited by Joelski; 21 March 2019 at 20:39.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    As IMO, the taper mount is hands down the best way to attach, putting the threads after the taper makes sense, as does his theory that the problem with G.A. cans is carbon lock as a result of the design.
    I've seen people argue online about that and honestly it's a pretty stupid topic to even discuss. The differences are so minute it makes hardly no difference if both systems are maintained. If the shooter is a complete lazy ass and knows he's a lazy ass then by all means go threads after. If he doesn't want to take his can off the rifle for a year, fine. On the other hand the taper surface on the can and mount itself is the most critical part to getting the best most consistent lock up and alignment. If your taper gets fouled up it can have other issues. Wiping down the mount with a greasy old rag and wiping off the taper surface on the can every once in a while is not too much to ask.

Sometimes I think people just hunt for a reason to fight.