Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    What is it that makes it "it" for you? I'm not arguing, as I understand it's pretty light, but it also seems about as loud to the ear as other Mini cans when I've seen it shot (I understand the numbers might be a little lower).
    I just dig KAC stuff. Plus I think it would look cool on my mostly KAC rifle.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who doesn't love a good KAC Mini Can.

Name:  IMG_5351.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  3.48 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I just dig KAC stuff. Plus I think it would look cool on my mostly KAC rifle.
    Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Who doesn't love a good KAC Mini Can.
    Nerd. And it's not even FDE. Does it even work in that color?

Downloads
    Uploads
    God damnit that’s a beautiful rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Fair enough!

Nerd. And it's not even FDE. Does it even work in that color?
    Haha...nerd I like it..

Ya where’s the fde

Downloads
    Uploads
    A $3 can of Rustoleum rights many wrongs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shit I couldn’t even spray paint over that mofo...looks too good...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one's still waiting for Axlnut paint. Kinda scared about breaking it down and mailing it away.

Kris, if you have any tips on packing, I'm all ears. I want to get this thing done the way we discussed if you still even remember.

Attachment 6387

This needs some disruption. Maybe some fishnet.

Attachment 6388

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've shipped many firearms in my life for work, trades, ect.

I wrap them individually as parts in bubble wrap. Haven't had any issues ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one's still waiting for Axlnut paint. Kinda scared about breaking it down and mailing it away.

Kris, if you have any tips on packing, I'm all ears. I want to get this thing done the way we discussed if you still even remember.

Attachment 6387

This needs some disruption. Maybe some fishnet.

Attachment 6388
    I've shipped many firearms in my life for work, trades, ect.

I wrap them individually as parts in bubble wrap. Haven't had any issues ever.
    You haven't, but shipping partners... remember the barrel that took a powder in the middle of its trip?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You haven't, but shipping partners... remember the barrel that took a powder in the middle of its trip?
    I don't... remind of this story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't... remind of this story.
    Blackout barrel I bought from you. It started off great and disappeared in transit for almost 3 weeks. Neither of us to blame, it was all the P.O. people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally forgot about that. I thought you were more referring to items being damaged in transit.

Have had a few close calls with USPS losing packages, but ultimately they were all found.

UPS has lost several for me. Never to be seen again

Fedex so far has been flawless for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Am I missing something? When I watch the SS range time videos, the Recce 5 provides 38db reduction, whereas the Explorr EX2 provides 29db reduction for a 16" 5.56. The Explorr is 3 ounces lighter and 0.3" shorter, but that doesn't seem worth the trade for 9db.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Am I missing something? When I watch the SS range time videos, the Recce 5 provides 38db reduction, whereas the Explorr EX2 provides 29db reduction for a 16" 5.56. The Explorr is 3 ounces lighter and 0.3" shorter, but that doesn't seem worth the trade for 9db.
    I read on ARFCOM that there was some dispute about data from SS’s older meter setup and it being good but not exact. I’ll have to dig it up. 38dB is a huge reduction for 5.56mm...

MAC’s testing of the Recce 5 on a 16” rifle with IWI M193 brought the rifle from 167 to 133avg (34dB reduction tied only by the full-size SpecWar 5.56.)

So a 5dB trade off between 29 and 34dB (3dB is a noticeable difference to the human ear) for the size and weight savings. And again not sure if those numbers are directly comparable given different rifles, ammo, conditions, etc

I’ve got a Recce 5 and an Optimus Micro. I love them both but the EX2 seems like a combination of the two....I’d love to throw on an EX2 for a tad more suppression over the OPM and some weight loss over the Recce 5

The EX3/7.62 version is on my list for this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SS said the Recce 5 is one of the quietest muzzle 5.56 cans out there that they've ever tested. That said the Explorr 5.56 gives up about 6 to 9 Db of muzzle and has about the same at the port.

Here is the specific test of the Explorr 5.56 video from SS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls7CkMlr9zE

138.54 Db at the muzzle and 143.97 at the ear.

The recce 5's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6L...K450wHwNxY3jQP

129.7 at the muzzle and 144.1 at the ear. The recce 5 was 8.84 DB quieter at the muzzle and no real difference at the ear.

The explorr in 5.56 loses both weight and length at a slight muzzle penalty but considering the port noise and what you lose in size and weight it's two different things. If you were shooting a bolt gun though... Recce 5 would win that battle on paper. On an AR not so much. The Explorr is .3 inches shorter and 2.9oz lighter than the Recce 5. The recce 5's tests were done using 55gr ammo and the Explorr using 62gr ammo.

---

The 30 cal cans compared here. Recce 7 on a 308 bolt gun 134.9 at the muzzle and 130.8 at the ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQGD...Y3jQP&index=18

On 300 BLK it metered 127.3 at the muzzle and 133.6 at the ear.

For the Explorr 30 cal version look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BArsReYsx8g

139.73 on a 308 bolt gun and 131.17 at the ear. Basically about 5Db loss at the muzzle and I call it equal at the ear (less than 1DB).

On 300 BLK 129.54 at the muzzle and 130.57 at the ear. +2.24 DB at the muzzle but -3 DB at the ear. 220 grain ammo tested on the explorr and 187 grain subs on the Recce 7.

Keep in mind it is significantly shorter and lighter and STILL was 3DB quieter at the ear in albeit not exactly equal tests. I will probably get an explorr 30 cal for a dedicated 300 BLK can simply because it's way smaller and lighter. 1.2 inches shorter and 5 oz lighter. Until someone proves me wrong it's a clear winner in the 300 BLK realm thus far.

***Caveat to the numbers listed above----they used different ammo---grain weights and so forth in all the tests in everything except 308 where they used 168 grain in both tests***
    Last edited by alamo5000; 27 March 2019 at 23:23.