Thread: First 308 build

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

308 build

Allright fellas... never had one, always wanted one...well a deal I couldn’t pass up popped up , so after a drive to Rainier Arms , here’s the start to the first large frame AR I’ve had or built. Wanting something to punch paper, shoot steel and use to hunt as the itch to is there.

So the base of the build will be on this Aero Precision M5 lower and upper. Lower is complete from Aero with their LPK, AR-15 carbine length tube and shorty buffer and their spring.. I have been eyeballing the Armaspec SRS setup for my battkekitty , but I might test it out in this..TBD..

Back to the 308 here..starting out as

Aero M5 lower -complete as built from aero.
    Aero M5 upper
    Fortis CH
    Toolcraft/brownells nitride BCG

I’ve got a Magpul grip for it laying around, and I think a barrel has been sourced.Think I’m just gonna run a A2 for now. As a suppressor setup is hard on the mind and would need their mount..so...TBD..

Then just gas tube and block, which still unsure to go adj. from the get go or just a std for now then swap later..etc..

Oh and handguard, looking for a 15” ‘ish mlok something.. I want a cmt , but funds might have to settle on a aero something for now.. about a bill cheaper too..which is Ammo money in my mind..

Quick old iPhone pic to get this started..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 26 November 2020 at 16:01.