Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigger discussion

Paging Mr 77... Mr UWOne77, please take the white courtesy phone in the preferred customer lounge area.

I am looking for an improved carry trigger for my G19 G5. I am looking for smooth pull, standard to duty weight, short take-up and reset with a nice smooth travel. Sounds like a Geissele two stage, and if they made one, I'd have it. So what are you're recommendations based on the 90 Glocks you own/shoot? Not singling Rich out, if you have experience with a God's plenty of different triggers and have opinions on what to look at and what to avoid, dump it in. Prefer non-adjustable, but if its that good, I will entertain the notion.

If there's a consensus, just cut to it, so I can be on about placing my order. Thanks.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only experience I had with a gen 5, was a 19x I had briefly..

Overwatch trigger and edge connector....

Pretty damn good trigger for a Glock. shorter then usual take up..shorter wall..but well established...4’ish pounds....good reset

Duty or just general carry?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now I’m geeking out like Alamo.....

Like I say I haven’t played much with the gen 5’s. There are some differences and went back a page to UW,s link to the recoil layout..The ramped striker safety plunger, makes me wonder how much could be improved there, comparing to the old round variety..

Just seem like with some attention to detail, one could make a pretty decent trigger on them.....or maybe not at all...lol

There’s so many triggers though.....

Glock_Gen5_06.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont have a G5 yet but on my G4-17 I did this: Kineti tech trigger shoe #4 with the polished bar option $94.00 Also put in a Ghost RANGER 4.5 lb. connector $20.00 Had the other trigger parts previously polished. All I can say is its amazing, perfectly balanced for my carry gun. Short take up and reset. Feels smooth but firm. If you do the Kineti tech trigger shoe yourself MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ARBOR PRESS. Ask how I know...

Kineti tech has the gen5 trigger bars. Its not listed on their site but I did contact him about a month ago and he said they were in stock. Good folks! Fast email reply's, fast shipping and great CS.

http://www.kineti-tech.com/glock-triggers-1/

https://ghostinc.com/ranger-4-5-lb-for-glocks-gen-1-4/
    Last edited by Stone; 26 March 2019 at 18:41.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff, keep going. I want Intel from proliferative owners that have made their comparisons based on ownership as well. Kind of a "buy vs. don't buy and here's why". I've read the sales pitches, but don't get much chance to try without buying and getting stuck.

Thanks for the feedback. Profile is primarily off duty, with occasional use on duty, and training. all concealed. Only rule is no light triggers, unspoken rule is no pimpwagon colors or crazy gizmos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OEM Gen5 trigger is probably the best out of the box glock trigger I've used, second is a G17L gen3 oem trigger.

I wouldn't carry with anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only own 1 Gen 5 at this point.

I can really only speak for Gen 3/4 Triggers.

I agree with voodoo. If you're running this on a duty/CCW carry, I only run OEM. Gen 5 OEM is better than the 3/4

After market triggers I like:

Overwatch Precision, Feels like a crisper/smoother OEM trigger.

Glocktriggers.com, Crisp trigger, short reset, fast shooting.

Agency/L2D triggers are also awesome, just really depends on what you want and like. Also look at the new Syndicate Triggers from Agency Arms, they're polymer instead of aluminum, keeps the costs down, and you can get the same Agency feel for sub $60

Downloads
    Uploads
    And just to piggyback off that

Overwatch precision makes a poly trigger also that’s been out . The DAT trigger..$50’ish

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like fuggit. I'll spend the money on something else. After shooting some more today for a paltry total of 300 so far, it's not that bad compared to just about every other Glock trigger I have experienced. Played with a TRP with a 2.5# trigger today and I'll keep the Glock. I'm just not a fan of super lightweight triggers. Never understood what was fun or precise about them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Moving away from pistols with no external safeties. Had my G19 been loaded, I might have gotten a serious case of Glock dick. I was practicing drawing and shooting with an empty mag and an empty chamber, pulling the trigger then manually working the slide back to set the trigger. I accept the fact that AD's are my fault, what ever the cause, short of a mechanical failure of some type.

What happened, I can't fully explain, but somehow when I drew the gun my shirt tail got in between the gun and the spot where my finger rests before shooting, which pulled? my finger into the trigger. The big click I heard almost caused me to shit my pants. A few milliseconds later my mind registered the fact that the pistol was empty.
    I'm going to keep a couple, because I'm going to carry one in my vest for a SHTF scenario, where I can work on it with mostly just a punch, and the availability of Glocks will be much greater, If I had to barter, kill or take one off a dead man and can have another for a parts gun. (not trying to sound Callous.)

I bought a very lightly used H&K USP Compact the other day off a cop because his department are all going to the same 9mm's, and he needed the cash, so I feel I got a great deal. Screwing with it, I almost never wanted to put it down. Safest semi-auto I ever had, and fell in love with it. That will be my new carry weapon after some serious practice and range time with it . Had Cataract Surgery a few days ago, so it'll be next week before I can get to the range with it. Hearing the trigger slap with the de-cocker will probably have me flinching a bit until I get used to it. I have an M&P 9mm with an external safety I feel fine with, and actually enjoy shooting it plus a few 1911 "type" pistols that I'm perfectly fine with. No more custom triggers for me, as far as Glocks go, had that AD been a live fire shot I'm pretty sure I would have taken one in the knee if not in the "wedding tackle".
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 28 March 2019 at 17:30.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't let the hammer fly when you hit the decocker button. There have been isolated instances of HK's discharging upon dropping the hammer.
    Last edited by Joelski; 28 March 2019 at 15:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If people kept their finger off the booger hook they wouldn’t shoot themselves in the junk..lol..I know a guy who handed a gun to a guy, he was a somewhat gun guy-but kinda...he pulled the trigger right away and shot the guy strat in the junk and into his leg..he’s fucked up for life..185gr bonded hp for 45 acp...oops..
    Carry on..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    If people kept their finger off the booger hook they wouldn’t shoot themselves in the junk....
    Carry on..
    Yeah, I know, but I'm not quite sure how my shirt got in there, and what actually happened..that's going to be a mystery I will be thinking about for a long time. The upside is that I can still walk without a cane, and don't have to piss in a plastic bag wrapped around my leg...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    If people kept their finger off the booger hook they wouldn’t shoot themselves in the junk..lol..I know a guy who handed a gun to a guy, he was a somewhat gun guy-but kinda...he pulled the trigger right away and shot the guy strat in the junk and into his leg..he’s fucked up for life..185gr bonded hp for 45 acp...oops..
    Carry on..
    A finger is a booger hook. Also see: Dickskinner. Learn your military A&P.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh Ya that got screwed up...sorry...got a killer headache..

Polish up the internals of that thing, especially the safety plunger and tigger bar...for free , usually you can fix a little of the grittiness

Does That have a “dot” connector in it?