Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Wish to heck they'd still offer the Gen 1 UBR!
    You can still find them, just seen one last nite for sale on ar15dotcom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I like Magpul Stocks, CTR, STR, ACS, UBR to some extent, and MOE grips usually make it on my guns, but other than that, I have no loyalties to Magpul.
    Just kidding. Remember that one guy who you had to ban for being an a$$hole and called us all a bunch of magpul worshipers?

I thought that had to be some kind of record, getting banned on a forum after 2 or 3 posts.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    IMO the gen3 is the best mag available on the market right now. A few years ago I was involved with a t&e team for a manufacturer and we had an assortment of mags from lancer, hex, 2amend, okay, d&h, and Magpul, and the Magpul’s lasted the longest by far, in fact there was zero magazine related malfunctions with the gen 3’s, and two had just over 10k rounds fired each. Hex and 2amend are junk, don’t waste your time, the okays lasted longer than the d&h, and the lancers had issues when they got dirty.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    IMO the gen3 is the best mag available on the market right now. A few years ago I was involved with a t&e team for a manufacturer and we had an assortment of mags from lancer, hex, 2amend, okay, d&h, and Magpul, and the Magpul’s lasted the longest by far, in fact there was zero magazine related malfunctions with the gen 3’s, and two had just over 10k rounds fired each. Hex and 2amend are junk, don’t waste your time, the okays lasted longer than the d&h, and the lancers had issues when they got dirty.
    If I can get 10K rounds per mag I will be good for a while, but like I said there are some things that are never too much. Powder, bullets, brass, primers, mags or all sorts, etc.

I probably should just save up and wait for a good deal to buy Gen 3 pmags in bulk and just figure that they will wear out after a while. I have about half a dozen that are in my day to day rotation and I've never have a problem with them.

I was thinking about getting metal mags just because but it seems like there are pros and cons.

Pros: they work. The lips can get dented up but pushed back into place.

Cons: they can mangle brass. The feed lips can get dented or bent out of place.

For plastic mags of any variety once they get beat up and cracked they are toast.

I still want to top off my pistol mags as well. When I buy a pistol 95% of the time I buy half a dozen or more mags even if I don't use them and just have a couple or three that are daily range mags.

If I won the lottery I could just buy all the stuff I want but since I'm still waiting on that I have to plan out purchases more carefully or just save up and buy when I can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess I'm going to be the odd man out on this thread. I have had nothing but issues with the Gen3 Pmags. My LWRC's dont like them and several of my DI's dont like them either. Failure to lock back on the last round and some feeding issues as well. Theres slop in the magwell with them that I only see on these. I bought 10 of them when they first came out. They changed the geomatry on them from the Gen2 to fit more applications if I remember correctly. I have 24 Gen2 pmags that are kept with the training ammo and I have like 4 Gen3's mixed in just because I know I will have a malfunction with them and helps with the training. The Gen2's have umpteen thousands of rounds through them and have been beat to hell and they keep coming back for more. I have thought about picking up some metal mags in the past just for the experience. Like others have said though the Gen2's can be had for $8 a piece on sale and I usually add a dozen or so to the cart. They are like bic lighters, use them up and toss them when they break...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These were taken way back when they first came out. Folks were having issues with them locking back on the last round with an assortment of rifle manufacturers. It was determined the rear of the mag on the gen3 was thicker which pushed the follower forward out past the bolt catch on some rifles. The bolt catch catch would drop behind the follower pinching it up. Maybe Magpul fixed this but the Gen2's work well for me, so since it aint broke...

Name:  DSCN1948.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  133.7 KB
    Name:  DSCN1949.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  114.9 KB
    Last edited by Stone; 6 April 2019 at 22:05.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh...never hear that before..good info..

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to trade any unfired Gen 3s for unfired Gen 2s, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Guess I'm going to be the odd man out on this thread. I have had nothing but issues with the Gen3 Pmags. My LWRC's dont like them and several of my DI's dont like them either. Failure to lock back on the last round and some feeding issues as well. Theres slop in the magwell with them that I only see on these. I bought 10 of them when they first came out. They changed the geomatry on them from the Gen2 to fit more applications if I remember correctly. I have 24 Gen2 pmags that are kept with the training ammo and I have like 4 Gen3's mixed in just because I know I will have a malfunction with them and helps with the training. The Gen2's have umpteen thousands of rounds through them and have been beat to hell and they keep coming back for more. I have thought about picking up some metal mags in the past just for the experience. Like others have said though the Gen2's can be had for $8 a piece on sale and I usually add a dozen or so to the cart. They are like bic lighters, use them up and toss them when they break...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the offer. If I still had them I would do it, gave several of them away and kept a few for training...