Thread: Lancer AR Mags

Downloads
    Uploads

Lancer AR Mags

Just curious, how many of you like and stock pile Lancer magazines. The hard clear polymer that they arrive from, looks to me like it would instantly crack, when or if it hits the concrete or a hard surface when released from weapon. I haven't actually seen this myself, but have read numerous (threads) concerning this, on other forums. So, I have to take the whole thing with a "grain of salt", as far as internet claims.

What does your experience with these mags have to say. And why I should stay with Magpul's or start buying up some of the Lancers.

Thanks ahead,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d be stock piling lancers if they were $7-8 bux a pop new....

There quality mags in my opinion..

They make all colors and I have half a dozen black and clear ones, actually can’t recall a mag problem with any of them. If you see a good deal on them i would hesitate.

Side note, I’d like some of the 308 Lancers but they seem to hover at $30 plus a mag..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lancers are great, but I’ve found they are more susceptible to fouling issues than others. Clean the feed lips and followers every now and then and you’re golden.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Lancers are great, but I’ve found they are more susceptible to fouling issues than others. Clean the feed lips and followers every now and then and you’re golden.
    Agree. Having said that, Lancers are my favorite mags. Cleaning them and mags in general should be part of the maintenance schedule anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Liquidated all of my Pmags in favor of stockpiling my Lancers. They are my magazine of choice for my AR10 and AR15's. Just wish they offered them in .224 Valkyrie (6.8 SPC) too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A buddy of mine said that he had seen the feedlips rust on the .223 ones when they were used during a JRTC rotation. I've also had the little tabs on the front part of the top of the magazine snap off; not sure if that actually affects performance or reliability, but it's disconcerting enough that I've switched over to PMAG M3s for .223, though I'm continuing to stockpile the L7AWMs.

I have also been told that the translucent Lancers have issues with some chemicals over long/repeated exposures, as it's supposedly polycarbonate with impact modifiers and a chemical resistant coating, and the coating eventually fails. Not a huge deal (I always avoided DEET in favor of picaridin anyway, since I have plenty of plastic items I don't want melted) but something to consider.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not currently have any Lancer magazines, but from their web site ... small issue ... Don't know how current this is, very old date on the notice, but still on their site.

Name:  Lancer Mag issue.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  291.8 KB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a fan. Can't put a finger on why, just like the ETS mags better, although I am just fine being the only person who knows how many rounds I have in my mag. Not a huge issue, I guess.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Too expensive and I dislike hybrid mags. Sooner or later issues with that plastic to metal interface will arise. If I’m dropping $20+ on a mag it’s a FN NATO mag. Best 5.56 mags I’ve found.