Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why so quiet around here

Sure is quiet around here for 18,000 + members and hundreds that are active and log in everyday..

Only to see like 15 posts and half are mine spitting out crap trying to invoke some action..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sure is quiet around here for 18,000 + members and hundreds that are active and log in everyday..

Only to see like 15 posts and half are mine spitting out crap trying to invoke some action..
    I think for the most part, people post when they have some legit info to add or questions to ask.

On the other hand forums are slowly going away, in lieu of FB groups, social media, ect. Having said that though, with the shadow bans of gun related content on social media, I think it's important to have a venue to fall back on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or (in my case), I have a lot less knowledge than most folks on here and am content to sit mostly silent and listen, trying to learn things...

Thank Dog this place isn't like arfcom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I login just to see what mustang finds for new deals. :)

If my posts reflected how often I login to see what’s going on, I’d be at 20,000 by now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think for the most part, people post when they have some legit info to add or questions to ask.

On the other hand forums are slowly going away, in lieu of FB groups, social media, ect. Having said that though, with the shadow bans of gun related content on social media, I think it's important to have a venue to fall back on.
    I can ask as many questions as you would like Mustang... just ask...anybody.

I read the posts here but lately I have been super busy so I haven't been commenting a lot. I would venture to say a lot of people lurk.

As far as Facebook is concerned I don't actively participate in any gun groups there or anywhere else for that matter. Nothing major at least.

I think the thing around here that lights people's candle is getting a topic that people are interested in. Here at least from my observation, when people have knowledge they want to share it. Or if they don't have knowledge they want to ask someone who knows.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    Or (in my case), I have a lot less knowledge than most folks on here and am content to sit mostly silent and listen, trying to learn things...

Thank Dog this place isn't like arfcom.
    I’m with ya there on barfcom... some good people but a lot of arrogant pricks over there

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I login just to see what mustang finds for new deals. :)

If my posts reflected how often I login to see what’s going on, I’d be at 20,000 by now.
    Haha..yes

I hope someone is buying up some of them deals I post...

I don’t get to..lol..ah to be poor..

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I can ask as many questions as you would like Mustang... just ask...anybody.

I read the posts here but lately I have been super busy so I haven't been commenting a lot. I would venture to say a lot of people lurk.

As far as Facebook is concerned I don't actively participate in any gun groups there or anywhere else for that matter. Nothing major at least.

I think the thing around here that lights people's candle is getting a topic that people are interested in. Here at least from my observation, when people have knowledge they want to share it. Or if they don't have knowledge they want to ask someone who knows.

Ask away...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask away...lol
    New thread posted. Let's hope we can get some collective wisdom here of products and other stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    This is true for me, too. Don’t want to expose how little I know while absorbing the collective wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always check in but being in NY I really have nothing to offer unless you wanna know how to clear a stove pipe with a fixed mag or to learn what shooting while your 2A is being infringed goes

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think another reason why the chatter is low right now... not a ton of new stuff on the market. Anything new just seems to be, now offering it in MLOK! More Lumens! Or a ton of sale posts.

Admittedly I'm getting bored with firearms myself, since most of my bucket list is scratched off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think another reason why the chatter is low right now... not a ton of new stuff on the market. Anything new just seems to be, now offering it in MLOK! More Lumens! Or a ton of sale posts.

Admittedly I'm getting bored with firearms myself, since most of my bucket list is scratched off.
    My bucket list is nowhere near being scratched off but I agree that there is a lack of stuff coming out, lack of videos, lack of sheer entertainment, lack of testing, or just showing off new things. I think this is at least partially a result of the industry downturn and social media stifling videos. I think it's harder theses days to get 'buzz' because either the platforms are burying videos or companies are not bringing out new stuff or paying to showcase it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the average consumer is remotely aware how depressed the industry is. The Adams Arms sale is the tip of the iceberg. Hardly anything is moving, other than high end stuff. Typically you don't see prices going down as far as they've gone. I'm even surprised how far down the race to the bottom has gone. Even ammo is going down, 5.56 ammo is the same price as when I first started shooting carbines a lot in 2007.

I think you'll see a lot more businesses going out of business. People holding on till 2020

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the average consumer is remotely aware how depressed the industry is. The Adams Arms sale is the tip of the iceberg. Hardly anything is moving, other than high end stuff. Typically you don't see prices going down as far as they've gone. I'm even surprised how far down the race to the bottom has gone. Even ammo is going down, 5.56 ammo is the same price as when I first started shooting carbines a lot in 2007.

I think you'll see a lot more businesses going out of business. People holding on till 2020
    I think part of the problem is "over saturation" in the business. I'm referring to the firearms related business's. It seems every week someone else has come out with the same product everyone else has. Other business's not related to firearms are doing great in todays economy. The same happened with the custom "Harley" business where everyone and his brother were taking second loans on their house to buy custom choppers with 16 in rear tires for $60K or more. Those same bikes are selling around here, used, for 7 to 10K. Everyone was making the same billet parts, and most of those companies are now gone. Secondly, I don't know Adams Arms business model and situation. Maybe they were better engineers and craftsmen than they were business folks.

Another hidden snake in the pile can be too rapid of growth and expansion. I think time will tell, because as far back as I can remember, in AR and other Tactical style parts and accessories companies have been all the rage one day, and gone the next. I, in no way consider myself an economist or expert in business modeling, but I'd be willing to bet that knowledgeable folks could and can expand on this and come to a similar conclusion.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same, it started heavily in 08 buying everything I wanted for fears I wouldn’t be able to, then once trump got elected that fear went away and we’ve enjoyed a few years of rock bottom prices(which isn’t sustainable.) I’m feeling fatigued about firearms in general right now, there’s nothing I absolutely have to have anymore
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah its definetly a buyers market. For the most part I have built what I wanted to build. Lately I have just been going over my firearms and updating and making minor enhancements as my skill level increases. Nothing sells like fear. I have always said that what people want the most is what they cannot have...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.