Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    2,600
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah its definetly a buyers market. For the most part I have built what I wanted to build. Lately I have just been going over my firearms and updating and making minor enhancements as my skill level increases. Nothing sells like fear. I have always said that what people want the most is what they cannot have...
    I'll jump on this "me too" bandwagon. I'd like to have several things, but I really only want one or two things I don't have. One thing I don't have is much more empty space in over stuffed guns safes. Maybe a Unicorn that pisses cold beer?

    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    1,715
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think another reason why the chatter is low right now... not a ton of new stuff on the market. Anything new just seems to be, now offering it in MLOK! More Lumens! Or a ton of sale posts.

    Admittedly I'm getting bored with firearms myself, since most of my bucket list is scratched off.
    I'm definitely not bored with firearms. But i am pretty bored with what's "new" on the market. Metric shit-tons of aftermarket Glock parts, AR parts that offer no functional advantage, and pistol caliber ARs just don't do it for me. I still have a pretty long wish list of things i want, but there isn't much on that list that's new by any stretch. And a lot of the stuff i really want has been out of production for decades and is becoming pretty scarce and very expensive. My work schedule keeps me pretty busy too, but i still log in and read when i have the time. And considering i don't go on facebook anymore, this is still my favorite place to hang out online and talk guns.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

    FPC Life Member | NRA Life Member

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,720
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Forums are dying, the steps forward will be exponential at some point but for now they still exist.

    Honestly I wonder if this place would work out better if it had a Discord channel...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,355
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Well, once I realized no one was impressed by my hand selected 3-shot groups, I figured I might as well stop posting.

    Just kidding of course, but this is a fairly demanding (knowledgeable) crowd so that does force some self-selection on what one actually feels comfortable posting here (as supported by prior comments). I've got some topics on builds, reviews, and load workups I intend to post on, but all require time to shoot, photograph and write up.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    2,600
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Well, once I realized no one was impressed by my hand selected 3-shot groups, I figured I might as well stop posting.

    Just kidding of course, but this is a fairly demanding (knowledgeable) crowd so that does force some self-selection on what one actually feels comfortable posting here (as supported by prior comments). I've got some topics on builds, reviews, and load workups I intend to post on, but all require time to shoot, photograph and write up.
    I may not be right, but I would not be so quick to write forums off. Boilerup himself, saved me a few hundred bucks, if he remembers, helping me find a Sig Sauer scope that I was looking for, as far as what my stated needs and expected want's were. Im not so sure that dynamic conversations, where everyone talking over the next, would be the way to go. Thing is, I'm getting old. Yesterday I was in my early 40's, today I'm in my early 60's. Don't know what the hell happened, but I realize that change is coming, and I just need to set back and enjoy the ride.

    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member



  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3,785
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    I donít have near enough!

    UW and others, you should look into some leagues or steel matches...

    Looks fun and interactive, not just standing no there shooting targets per say.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    667
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'm definitely not bored with firearms. But i am pretty bored with what's "new" on the market. Metric shit-tons of aftermarket Glock parts, AR parts that offer no functional advantage, and pistol caliber ARs just don't do it for me. I still have a pretty long wish list of things i want, but there isn't much on that list that's new by any stretch. And a lot of the stuff i really want has been out of production for decades and is becoming pretty scarce and very expensive. My work schedule keeps me pretty busy too, but i still log in and read when i have the time. And considering i don't go on facebook anymore, this is still my favorite place to hang out online and talk guns.
    Pretty much in the same boat and mindset... plus away from home a lot does not help things out. I'm more or less focusing on collecting parts I need for some long term builds, and wrapping up old projects. My collection is also more or less wrapped up, as I have most stuff that I want and the remaining stuff I want are out of production and don't come up for sale very often. Have also been focusing on working on 1911's and more competitive shooting stuff.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,768
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Admittedly I'm getting bored with firearms myself, since most of my bucket list is scratched off.
    Well I guess fortunately for me, I'm just getting started
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    1,715
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Pretty much in the same boat and mindset... plus away from home a lot does not help things out. I'm more or less focusing on collecting parts I need for some long term builds, and wrapping up old projects. My collection is also more or less wrapped up, as I have most stuff that I want and the remaining stuff I want are out of production and don't come up for sale very often. Have also been focusing on working on 1911's and more competitive shooting stuff.
    I love working on and tinkering with guns as much as i do shooting them. A 1911 or AK47 build class would be a lot of fun. Really any armorer or gunsmith learning opportunities would be. Building a (functional) HK type roller delayed blowback gun from a receiver flat and parts kit is a goal. I guess i should start parking the car on the street and turn the garage into a shop. Competitive shooting is something else i'd like to be more involved in, but working weekends kind of puts a damper on that.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

    FPC Life Member | NRA Life Member

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3,785
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Well I guess fortunately for me, I'm just getting started

    Where you been hiding..

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,768
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Where you been hiding..
    Oh you know, here and there. Asia ... I miss my guns

    **Back to ghosting ya'll**
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,720
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    discord channel is up...for instant gratification...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •